Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

European Clubs Transfer Net Spend Since 2014/15
Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Well this is pretty insane... or is it, considering the amounts clubs pay now for the players.

Discuss.

European Clubs Transfer Net Spend Since 2014/15👀

Posted by FootyRoom on Thursday, July 19, 2018
Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Insane,

A bit surprise and a bit NOT with Real. The last few season they have been very efficient, thanks to the transfer before that.

And the numbers are calculated from the last 3 seasons which also happen to be the craziest sh!t of all time in term of ridiculous transfer fees. Cases like Pogba, Lukaku, Dembele, Neymar, Virgil... just retarded...

I feel sad for our team though...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Real Madrid barely bought player in the last 3 year, not even suprised to see them so far away from the top 10. :P Also, its impressive to see Chelsea is nowhere close the top either while Arsenal are in there. :U

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Emo
I love how our Antonio Conte managed to make great players put of modest signings like Marcos Alonso, or existing loaned players like Victor Moses, instead of splashing the cash. Although we really could and should have invested more in the last transfer window.

I like how we are not spending so much now, but at the same time I wish we had bought Alisson, even at that price, instead of Liverpool. It looks certain that courtouis will leave this summer, and if he doesn't then one of the world's best goalkeepers goes out on a free next summer. We are now being linked with Petr Cech, which much as I love the guy is ridiculous.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I'm not very good with numbers. Can someone explain to me what the negative sign means? Does this mean the amount spent beyond the expected budget, or just the amount spent? At the moment, I'm assuming Real Madrid's 55.6m is an indication of them making a profit out of their transfers, rather than splashing the cash?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I'm not very good with numbers. Can someone explain to me what the negative sign means? Does this mean the amount spent beyond the expected budget, or just the amount spent? At the moment, I'm assuming Real Madrid 55.6m is an indication of them making a profit out of their transfers, rather than splashing the cash?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@iHeart

That is correct. They sold quite a few of their bench players for high prices (e.g. Morata, Jese, etc) and replaced them on the cheap with youngsters because the starting 11 was in such a state of solidity.

West Ham being in there is pretty funny I suppose. Have a net spend in the top 10 of the world and still get pitch invasions midgame, owners must be tearing their hair out.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@SunFlash: exactly hahaha.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legends Yep, thats right. ;)

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

As if this wasn't disappointing enough, if we compare this spending vs trophies won then United would be the biggest loser here.

Also, what are Watford and W. Ham doing there? lol

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuanis Obviously, Watford and West Ham main problem must be not selling enough player.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Eventually markets will find the equilibrium and transfer sums will be lower, ofcourse subject to laws of macroeconomics.

I am also pleased to see that people who used to accuse us of buying trophies are doing exactly that themselves hahaha

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Wow milan spends more than liverpool. Smh......

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

finally we spend the moneyyyyy

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

We are the biggest loser.

Gotta thanks Mou for the Europa League though :(.