Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Evra and Suarez Incident
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

This is my opinion. Evra was offended by Suarez and Suarez got banned. Negro in Spanish simply means black but has racial terminology following its roots. 
Now the refusal to shake hands had nothing to do with race. Suarez is not racist. The only reason he refused to shake hands was because Evra got him banned for 8 or 9 matches! Simple malice but not racism. This incident has nothing to do with race. This is just me defending our football. 
But on the other hand, Suarez should have shaken his hand and not ruined a perfectly good match. Suarez was wrong in ignoring Evra but I would respected Evra even more had he not celebrated in front Suarez. Opinions?

Comments
bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

I don't agree. Suarez offended Evra in that match, what Suarez called Evra was racist; no matter what it means, it is used in a racist manner.
And Evra did not "get him banned" for 8 matches, this was entirely the FA's decision, maybe they wanted to hand out a harsh punishment to show that they take racism in England seriously.
And about the handshake, I think Suarez just wanted to put Evra in an angry sort of state of mind for the match and in doing so acted very unlike a professional. What Evra did was also wrong in the end, but you can't blame a player for wanting a little payback after being booed to no end at the opposition's stadium. Emotions run high in such games and sometimes players act out of character.

Manshitty_are_shit 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

He is racist. Donkey face c^nt!

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

Totally agreed with koldimere. 
@bloodred1992 maybe it was the FA's decision but who was the person that made the 8-match ban possible? Evra knew that racism in England is absolutely not tolerated. And so he knew what is to do ... I am quite sure all of you know who the biggest "enemy" of ManU is. 

JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I totally agree with Ihaveabbc

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

cant wait to get a lot of thumbs down for this, but honestly i dont condone of what suarez did at all but evra needs to fucking man up and grow some balls. This isnt elementary school where if something happens on the pitch you go tell on the other player.... I've played club for 8 years and I'm armenian and many times on the pitch people have brought up the genocide or other racial slurs just to get in my head. Doesn't mean I'm going to tell on him, I'm just going to play my game and have more fuel to shit on that player and that team after. I used to think football was a mans sport but more and more its becoming an unclassy, childish, "girly" sport. All the embelishment, diving, and theatrics/telling on people is disgusting.
I will always love the sport but not as much as I loved it in the past, I hope a change for the better happens to stop things like this.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

CHAMP19NS -> RAC18TS

This comment is disliked by many users (show)
Blackgrim23 12 years ago
Manchester United, Saudi Arabia 0 32

@MessiDona Coming from a Barca fan about diving... No words..

This comment is disliked by many users (show)
CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

@MessiDona Coming from a barca fan about childish and unclassy ... No words.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

ive been a barca fan for 12 years, I'm not gna switch out now. Ya barca sometimes has some unclassy moments but STFU ALREADY, every team embelishes and dives. Thats the only excuse you guys can make everytime your team loses to barca. 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

FA is incosistent they dont ban their English player like JT who was caught racially abusing Anton Ferdinand

hazpriady 12 years ago
AC Milan, Germany 0 1

that attitude not good for the future... i think it can be make the war again...
:(

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@WhatTheHell, nothing has happened with JT from the part of the FA because the police are dealing with it.

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

@Jimskeleton FA has an evidence the he racially abused Anton Ferdinand but still they postpone the trial because he is the Captain of England that time (they stripped it again) this is so BS ...Suarez was banned just because of Evra said he called him a "negrito" and Suarez admit it that he used that word not to insult Evra but they still banned him but when a English player JT did it to Ferdinand the trial is so slow they postponed it....

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Yes but The FA didn't postpone the trial...Chelsea FC wrote to the judge taking the case pleading for them to postpone it till the end of the season, again, what is happening with JT at the moment is nothing to do with the FA, it's a police matter, so the two cases aren't similar in that respect.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@Ihaveabbc: he just apoloziged to show Ferguson he was wrong.This is the only reason.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

@WhatTheHell, do you not understand what I am posting or something?

That article you posted says it in the first sentence. "The decision by a court judge to postpone the John Terry vs. Anton Ferdinand racism trial" COURT JUDGE, it has nothing to do with the English FA.

English FA dealt with Suarez
Police & Court dealing with Terry.

Simple.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Whatever Suarez meant, he knows that the FA doesn't tolerate racism, and he should have been informed what Negro represented in English. If I were British and I went to a new country I wouldn't be saying BLACK to everyone. I would have more sense than that. So what Suarez did was completely intentional. He knew he was offending Evra.