Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FIFA 18
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, we got the first few trailer recently:

Also, some reviewer have already been able to test a demo of the game for a few hour. Sadly, they didn't seem convinced and it seem like there weren't has many upgrade in term of gameplay as some had hoped. Still, you cannot argue that this game won't look good. Just hope to see more scanned player, looking at you Roma and Atletico Madrid player. Still, how they convince all those guys to chat seriously about Hunter as if he was the real deal? I mean, that look like a waste of time and of ressource for the sake of cheesy publicity. :P

Edit: Oh yeah, Ronaldo will now be the series cover star. Not very surprising and somewhat fitting considering how he and Real have been dominating recently. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Also, some reviewer have already been able to test a demo of the game for a few hour. Sadly, they didn't seem convinced and it seem like there weren't has many upgrade in term of gameplay as some had hoped. Still, you cannot argue the fact that this game will look good. Just hope to see more scanned player, looking at you Roma and Atletico Madrid player. Still, how they convince all those guys to chat seriously about Hunter as if he was the real deal? I mean, that look like a waste of time and of ressource for the sake of cheesy publicity. :P

Also, some reviewer have already been able to test a demo of the game for a few hour. Sadly, they didn't seem convinced and it seem like there weren't has many upgrade in term of gameplay as some had hoped. Still, you cannot argue that this game won't look good. Just hope to see more scanned player, looking at you Roma and Atletico Madrid player. Still, how they convince all those guys to chat seriously about Hunter as if he was the real deal? I mean, that look like a waste of time and of ressource for the sake of cheesy publicity. :P

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

FIFA has stagnated so much. I think the biggest culprit is Ultimate team. They are raking in money from there and have little need to seriously invest into changing the engine for better gameplay. All they ever do is modify a small aspect like first touch and tout it as an amazing improvement but year after year its still the same thing with a new skin. I'm so sad they stopped focusing on career mode as its the only thing I play in FIFA. Could be so much better but they are content and rather have a bigger profit. I rather buy this when it goes on sale for like 20 bucks. That's what I did with 17.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Only reason to buy it is legends will be on ps4 and pc as well this year, just gimme that Henry, I will sacrifice my kidney

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Couldn't agree more with @raimondo90, as I too only play career mode. I'm still on a 360, and the newer FIFAs don't bring the updated features onto the 360 versions so I don't see myself buying another FIFA in a while. I'd love a squad update but it's not worth the money.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo @Eden17 Yep, totally agreed with you, career mode for the win. Lack of improvement in career mode have literaly got me playing PES now for the last few year. :( Still, like I said, only gameplay was tested from what I seen so there is still a chance EA will have improved their career mode this season. I hope they will at least. But I kind of doubt it, even if the journey is something small in lenght, it take a lot of time to make that mode, so they propably didn't improve that many thing. Anyway, my only chance of getting it will be if I manage to get a switch one day, otherwise, I will propably be passing. :P

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

You guys should try out Ultimate Team this year. They'll introduce a world cup mode and in 2014 that was totally awesome!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir No connection mean no ultimate team for me no matter what. :P

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@rain

I have Origin Access. Costs me 30 bucks a year, but gets me FIFA in the new year and every other old game (such as the Mass Effects) on there. No way in hell I'm buying another FIFA game straight up unless they re-vamp career mode.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I have fifa17 on PS4. Tried out the Ultimate team, but didn't love it. Enjoyed playing the journey mode as Alex Hunter, at Southampton.
I mostly play career mode now - have built up a really good first team squad now for Chelsea, starting the 18/19 season. I am also coaching Germany, after switching from Uruguay, and we just won the 2018 World Cup!

One complaint I have is that the commentary can be repetitive or too late, for example they'll be going 'This attack's got real menace in it', after the ball has been intercepted. Also, it's a bit annoying how the ball disappears mid-air sometimes when being cleared off the pitch. I hope they fix this for fifa18.

I will probably buy fifa18 because I'm sucker for anything new. I can't wait to see the journey sequel bit, which should be interesting with Ronaldo in it.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm planning on purchasing this game for my computer because my last FIFA game was 13. I hope it's enjoyable because it's probably still the best football game out there (idk what's going on with PES nowadays, but don't want to play a game that can't even get rights to players' names). I mostly play career mode though, so I'm excited for that.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Clearly you haven't played most recent PES games, every european player got their true name (actually, I think every player have their true name in the game now, even the brazilian one). But yeah, it is true that lack of license has become pretty sad for PES. Anyway, stay away from it, Real isn't licensed anymore in PES 2017 and propably won't be in PES 2018 either. However, it has nothing to do with PES, its because another company cough EA cough have signed exclusive deal with certain league (PL, La Liga and Bundesliga) and certain team to make sure their competitor wouldn't take away too much of their buyer. :P

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Can't wait for r9 icon card, and hope lampards get a card this year.

Is fut champions going to be thing in fifa18 or are they going to remove it?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Surely they won't remove it, the fut champions is also coming to Madden. However I would rather see weekly league, 40matches/weekend is killing me.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

40 matches is too much they should reduce it to 20 or 25 max.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Looks nice from the trailer with all the celebrations but it's funny how CR7 shakes off Kante so easy, I can understand Pedro won't bother to run back maybe but that looked too easy...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo111 This might be on easier difficulty just for the sake of swag. ;P

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I'm a little confused. In order to get the legends do you have to purchase the Icon version or can you just get the standard version?

Emobot7

Oh, didn't know.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I'm a little confused. In order to get the legends do you have to purchase the Icon version or can you just get the standard version?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir_keal It does pain me a bit though. Basically, the best way I could play ultimate team would be to buy a PS4, XBOX One or even maybe a Switch and install it in the living room where we can actually get a connection. Moving my old PS3 would be very complicated and the wire are starting to cause problem anyway. But the problem is I got no money to buy myself a new console. XD

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

shame i can't play fifa anymore! just don't have time ;-(

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

ICON Edition includes:

• Three Days Early Access

• Cristiano Ronaldo 5-match FUT Loan

• Ronaldo Nazário Icon 5-match FUT Loan

• 40 Jumbo Premium Gold packs (2 per week over 20 weeks)

• 20 Team of the Week Loan Player Packs (One 3-match TOTW Loan Player per week over 20 weeks)

• 8 Special Edition FUT Kits

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy How much does it cost though. :P

Anyway, I'm a bit sad the switch won't get the same function as the PS4 and Xbox One. :( Still, if I does get meself a switch, I propably won't regret the journey that much anyway. :D