Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fifa 18
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I intend to make this thread a hub for all Fifa 18 talk.

The Ronaldo and Icon editions come out today, while the standard version comes out on Friday.

• Anybody bought/pre-ordered it?

• New features that you love?

• Player ratings - fair or unfair?
  • Things that bug you? New or problems that Fifa have never addressed?

For me, I'm really excited to follow Alex Hunter's career in the journey. I've played the demo version which shows you a bit of it and I'm really excited to follow his story. Also the new transfer negotiations in career mode where you actually meet agents looks great too; a nice touch that makes the whole managerial experience more realistic.

And btw, Hazard fully deserves his 90 rating which makes him the player in the premier league!

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Getting standard version

Penalties are too hard for me. I really don't know how to take a penalty. Also icon cards are waaaay to expensive.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Won't get it this year, but from the Top 100 rated players some bugged me.

Too high:
Higuain 90
Bale 89
Lloris 88
Özil 88

Too low:
Kane only 86?
Casemiro only 85?
Icardi only 84?

Also why is Chiellini higher-rated than Bonucci?

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I won't buy it from number of reasons: they didn't fix career mode, they screwed ratings again, card designs are shitty, and yes, my last hope, there won't be Croatian league.

@Juan,

Özil 88

Not too high considering Hazard got downgraded by -1 after even worse 2015/16 season. This is most realistic rating for Ozil.

Because he's better raw defender. Passing and dribbling won't affect centerback's rating in Ultimate team since it is more of a tactical thing. That being said I think Ramos is too high atm.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JuanMata

EA have a special deal with Juventus, wich mean we don't have official license for them in any other game like PES. Milan is in PES however so I wouldn't be suprise that all in all, EA are being bias toward the player who are in team they have exclusive deal with, like PSG, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Have they added professional fouls into the gameplay? That would be great.

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

i preordered standard edition but playing the demo really makes me regret buying lol

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@bluezz Lol, is it really that bad? Or is it simply Fifa 17.2? PES is also a bit dissapointing this year as well. :(

amir_keal 7 years ago

JuanMata10

Özil 88

Why? You can say he probably should have got a downgrade but anything under 88 would be stupid. The first half of his season was very good, even better than Sanchez arguably. Remember the stuff he was doing to teams, like Chelsea for example?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

every demo is different than the actual game, slower and sluggish. prepare for games like 10-7, because defence and goalkeepers are non-existent in FIFA 18

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@emo i dont know about it being bad or not but i just cant win a game :P LOL

@quickzyy true tbf but i struggled so much more in this demo compared to others

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I'm about to pre-order the standard edition this afternoon, hopefully can get it tonight at midnight or tomorrow.
Fairly excited for it tbh..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Legends16 Let me know how it compare to previous game in the series when you have the time mate. I'm curious to know. :D

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

if they fix goalkeepers it will be most competitive fifa

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I ended up buying it through the playstation store, so downloaded it and could play it at midnight.

To be honest I've only had fifa17 before this.

Enjoyed the journey so far, playing 3 aside in the Brazilian favela was really good fun.

Game play so far has been good, playing against real and I've got to say Ronaldo's play was great, really like him.

I'll let you know more as time passes.

legends16 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

Thoughts from other people who've bought Fifa18? @amir? @bluezz?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Thoughts from other people who've bought Fifa18? @amir?

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@legends16 its decent but the gameplay is really slow this year.. not my style, so i need to get used to it. also packed bonucci and sanchez hahaha :D building a seria a squad

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

legends16

I’d say on gameplay, EA have done everything but the errors in 17, but it’s not so bad atm. Also I have to switch my tactics again this year to possession because counters aren’t as effective.

I have an untradeable Deli Ali sitting there btw.

bluezz

Tradeable or not?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

legends16

I’d say on gameplay, EA have done everything but the errors in 17, but it’s not so bad atm. Also I have to switch my tactics again this year to possession because counters aren’t as effective.

I have an untradeable Deli Ali sitting there btw.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Is it worth it for someone who play SP more than online? Go a new pc recently and I might just try getting it at one point but I propably won't play online a lot.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

if anyone is playing it on PS4 we can make some kind of tournament :), played few FUT games and it's been really good, but goalkeepers are literally same as having a con in a goal.

amir_keal 6 years ago

I down for that. My PSN is animalpower536