Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FootyRoom Council of Referees
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

What's up people.

For a while, I wanted to start a series in which we discuss some questionable ref calls. Originally, I joked with a Footyroom member about this, but would like to actually make this a legitimate discussion on this forum. Welcome to the Footyroom Council of Referees, people!

Rules for FCR: Post videos about something that will actually drive a discussion. Try not to post something that the vast majority will agree upon.

1. Stay on topic. You may use examples from different scenarios, but please come back to the discussion.
  2. Keep calm. This is a discussion, so keep it classy
  3. Easy with the conspiracy theories. If you'd like to bring it up, fine as long as you don't dwell on it. We are talking about what we would do as refs, not if team A paid the refs to beat team B.

Alright, so for the first scenario: The ref disallowed a goal for Higuain in the second leg of the UCL semi-finals against Barcelona back in 2011. Basically, Ronaldo "fell" on Mascherano, who clearly dove when he realized he couldn't keep up with Gonzalo. What do you guys think?

a) Was the ref right or wrong?

b) If Javier didn't dive, would the decision by the ref be accurate?

3) Why would the ref call the foul after Higuain took his shot? Is there a rule that tells you calls DON'T have to be immediate?

Discuss!

This video's quality is pretty sh!te, but it's the only one i can find.

Comments
Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

@Yven by the letter of the law he ref was right but at the time of the game, at that score and at those stakes .. he could have easily used Referees discretion.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Seriously, a second yellow for a dive is literally the most enjoyment I will ever get out of a soccer game. Huge justice boner.

Ahahaha I agree.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

And another red card for M'bappe. Thought?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

There's getting a red card, and then there's asking for a red card. Kid needs to rub whatever brain cells he has together and figure that out.

If it's done literally under the nose of the ref then you'll get a red 100% of the time.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I think the tackle was harsh but the reaction didn't help either, come on, he is in one team with neymar, the best in world when it comes to pulling victim card, needs to learn how to convince a foul but not the dive.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sun @baldgenius Yeah, bad reaction from him. I don't know if he was being pushed around in that game but player should be able to keep their cool for the whole 90 min.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So talking about a young player who got a red card, here's Rashford red, thought?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Both are correct calls

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Rashford is letting himself get wound up there. He'd been toasting Bardsley for the 10 minutes or so he'd been on and that's the one area of the game that Burnley and Bardsley are very good at, frustrating opponents. Rashford has to know that and when he got kicked out on, make sure everyone is aware of what just happened. His reaction was totally appropriate aside from the headbutt. He's got to do better with that.

I'm actually really pissed off Jon Moss screwed up the last 15 minutes because he was having a really good game until that point, including this decision.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Similar situation to M'bappe, only M'bappe went even farther than Rashford. Both need to control themselve more when they're opponent do that though.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I thought the PL was a bit more lenient with fouls and contact in general.. What the hell was the ref thinking?
In South America that is how players great each other lol. A yellow card would have been a big sanction for Rashford for that touch of foreheads. How can that be a red card? Lets be serious now..

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuanis Richarlison was given a similar red in another game before that one so its not really that suprising. Especially now with all the worry about head injury. I agree its very harsh though.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

What about this?

And also, this?

To put thing in context, the player was on a yellow card and while the ref gave a pen, he didn't give any card for the tackle:

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Emobot, Well, in the fisrt video White players is trying to surf in chest's Pavard. 😄😄

Second video is not available, "infringed Uefa content"