Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FR toothless against trolls
_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

It feels like an endless repeat... Why is FR being so forgiving toward (multiaccounting) trolls?

You let someone like Aubameyang-Sandrito-KingRamos etc etc rage around against other members over and over and over again... with all his different accounts.

And like that Man Utd fan or whatever fan pretends to be, lately with his multiaccoutning insanely downvote every comment I write. Admins been given me several names on accounts with 0 comments. How is that acceptable? How is this site so toothless against this behavior?!

I had to come to the forum since the comment sections for the games are so rotten, defunct and deprived of any mature football talk/behavior. So this has to be addressed here.

I can remind you that 6-7 years ago, a big game could easily have +1000 comments. Now you're good if it is 50+... you're letting the trolls win.

I've been a member of 3-4 different football sites for years... This one feels like having the least control over them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It feels like an endless repeat... Why is FR being so forgiving toward (multiaccounting) trolls?

You let someone like Aubameyang-Sandrito-KingRamos etc etc rage around against other members over and over and over again... with all his different accounts.

And like that Man Utd fan or whatever he fan pretends to be lately with his multiaccoutning insanely downvote every comment I write. Admins been given me several names on accounts with 0 comments. How is that acceptable? How is this site so toothless against this behavior?!

I had to come to the forum since the comment sections for the games are so rotten, defunct and deprived of any mature football talk/behavior.

I can remind you that 6-7 years ago, a big game could easily have +1000 comments. Now you're good if it is 50+... you're letting the trolls win.

I've been a member of 3-4 different football sites for years... This one feels like having the least control over trolls.

Comments
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Admins don't have the balls to make definitive judgments here. Everyone is a kind, forgiving lad in this perfect world of ours.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

The reason why there is less comment nowaday is because you need to have an account to comment, its not only because of the troll. But yes, its true, sadly that we might be too forgiving toward some negative member. Truth is, the moderator team is a small one and we sadly don't have a lots of free time on our hand. Another problem we have is that there is a lot of troll who get perma-banned and just come back after making another account. It can be somewhat discouraging to perma-ban when it serve no purpose in the long run. Anyway, I'm sorry because I'm partly at fault here, I'm still propably one of the mod with the most free-time and I should propably try harder to make thing better. I'll try to mind myself to be harsher toward troll for the good of the forum. Sorry again for my lack of efficacity. :(

• History

The reason why there is less comment nowaday is because you need to have an account to comment, its not only because of the troll. But yes, its true, sadly that we might be too forgiving toward some negative member. Truth is, the moderator team is a small one and we sadly don't have a lots of free time on our hand. Another problem we have is that there is a lot of troll who get perma-banned and just come back after making another account. It can be somewhat discouraging to perma-ban

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

@Dynastian
Didn't you used to be an admin?

Sadly if the evidence is not 100% convincing we can not act towards multi-accounts trolls. We can only report them and have an investigation open for the specific user or set of users.

I might speak for myself but I'm very harsh in the comment section with the bans I give out.

We just need a better system to determine who is upvoting/downvoting what comments and that way we can use those patterns to ban people for use of multiple accounts. We can't just simply ban users for downvoting comments there needs to be more than that.

You can always help by flagging or even reporting the issues directly to our walls.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

It’s not ”simple” downvoting... it’s trollvoting. You don’t get sudden -10 votes from multiple accounts with each zero comments... smh

Worst part is that your comment is being hidden. So it’s a tool for the troll to silence you.

Why is there downvote on comment sections but not in the forum?

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Do yourself a favor bro don't spend your time in the city moments section

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Pele i would just create a new account mate.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Thanks but I’m not interested in a new account. Been here too long wih his one. And we shouldnt be ”forced” to change because of trolls.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I'm extremely harsh in the comment session for obvious troll.

Rude, stupid, and aggressive guys are normally received warning first.

I will request FR to have a bit more tool for us to deal with multi-accounters and get all of their votes revoked.

But it might take a bit of time :(

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

We used to have those members came at us like bombs, who got comment deleted, banned for trolling (in different forms), calling stuffs like Manure, Crynaldo or Divenaldo, or Taxessi, or Chelshit etc..

Everything we did got accused of bias etc... since then we might become too nice? :D

Well it's hard to please everyone, but yeah, you all got a good point. We need to keep our site clean.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

We all say something ”bad” or have an opinion others hate sometimes. The problem is the few members who consistently troll, attack other members, spam downvotes, and ignore common sense.

You should be severe against obvious trolls or any account created for just downvoting. Regular members on most occasions don’t troll and are easy to handle for admins.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Pelle By the way, I have actually made a official proposition to FR and the other mod yesterday to remove the downvote from the highlight. I know that was one of the problem you had and I personally agree its not necessary any more now that we can flag comment. I think that would help the problem you are bringing up a lot and hope it will come to pass.

• History

@Pelle By the way, I have actually made a request yesterday to remove the downvote from the forum. I know that was one of the problem you had and I personally agree its not necessary any more now that we can flag comment.

@Pelle By the way, I have actually made a official proposition to FR and the other mod yesterday to remove the downvote from the forum. I know that was one of the problem you had and I personally agree its not necessary any more now that we can flag comment.

@Pelle By the way, I have actually made a official proposition to FR and the other mod yesterday to remove the downvote from the forum. I know that was one of the problem you had and I personally agree its not necessary any more now that we can flag comment. I think that would help the problem you are bringing up a lot and hope it will come to pass.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Thanks Emobot7... and know that I’m not the first to be trolled by downvotes. I’ve met other members who complained.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I like trolls. IT Is fun to mess around with their ape man IQ. And yes, they downvote the crap out of me 😄😄 and my method is just ignore it. But I can see the problem of having them for other people.

• History

I like trolls. IT Is fun to mess around with their ape man IQ. And each they downvote the crap out of me 😄😄 and my method is just ignore it. But I can see the problem of having them for other people.

EdgarEAM 5 years ago
2 241

OMG, thx thx thx @Emobot7.

Is simple. JUST REMOVE DOWNVOTES, and its done

Like forums. And trolls can get frustrated about targeting someone because They cant do that.

Also, u can ask to Developers for block access with more that one account with the same IP. Thats is not so complicated, others websites related forums and footballs has that. That is great because u can avoid the multi accounts.

And u can ask to devs by sorting the comment by most popular and most recent.

That is all. I will post again in highlights when people at least down votes is gone. With that ur comment section will be more healthy.

Resume:

Remove down votes
Sort comments by popular and most recent
*Block access for two or more accounts with the same IP

pd, I like people in forum. I know people here since a long time ago. I stop posting new post in forums, but u are a nice persons, make highlights' comments something like that.

Again, thx Embot7. I hope soon down votes is gone.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited

10 Minutes after Liverpool-Barca ended the troll at work.

• History

10 Minutes after Liverpool-Barca ended the troll at work.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Not looking to poke the bear here but what does it matter if someone down votes a comment? Does it cause your ability to post or read posts to stop in any way? Does it affect a profile in some way? Really curious.....

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Darth Comment are hiden after 5 or 6 negative comment.

Its indeed look like some troll have targetted Pelle, that suck. :(

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

"Someone downvotes a comment" You make it sound like being a mere downvote by one innocent angel.

It's a tool trolls are using. And when your comment is downvoted by 5 or more times it gets hidden. I don't like that it's being used to shut you down. Especially every time you comment! It's a bully behavior.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I see, thank you both for explaining. The only advise I can offer, until that feature changes, is try to ignore the troll. Hard when your posted get hidden, but after some time, they tend to get bored and move on to someone or something else.

No real consequences since they sit behind the PC, so it's hard to help them change.

EdgarEAM 5 years ago Edited
2 241

@DarthFooty the point is that They pretend SHUT UP to someone in especial. That is not fair

Some points

• Pretend shut up people
  • Hide comments
  • is not necessary down votes, that create a bad community, its proved
  • its not fair
    • keep people away from write something in comments, like me
    • Not help to create a good community
    • If down votes is deleted, a lot TOXIC TROLLS also can go away :)

do u understand some point?

ITS TIME TO TAKE ACTIONS!

• History

@DarthFooty the point is that They pretend SHUT UP to someone in especial. That is not fair

Some points

• Pretend shut up people
  • Hide comments
  • its not fair
    • If down votes is deleted, a lot TOXIC TROLL also can go away :)

Some points

• Pretend shut up people
  • Hide comments
  • its not fair
    • If down votes is deleted, a lot TOXIC TROLLS also can go away :)