Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

France Squad for World Cup 2018
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

The list is out, here are the player who made the list:

Keeper: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (OM), Alphonse Areola (PSG).

Defender: Djibril Sidibé (Monaco), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Samuel Umtiti (FC Barcelone), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Adil Rami (OM), Benjamin Mendy (ManCity), Lucas Hernandez (Atlético Madrid).

Midfielder: Paul Pogba (ManUnited), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus Turin), Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea), Steven Nzonzi (Séville)

Foward: Antoine Griezmann (Atlético Madrid), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelone), Florian Thauvin (OM), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Thomas Lemar (Monaco).

What do you guys think about that squad? I'm a bit suprised to see Rami and Feki in but really glad to see Nzonzi. Dissapointed they didn't call Lenglet nor Rabbiot. Was expecting them to be considerated at least.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Also, why the hell isn't Lacazette going? Thats BS! :U

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

I think French team lacks a leader who can mentally motivate them in critical games.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@kyoekyar Completely agree, a lot of team actually lack one for me but in France case, its a situation where no one seem to want to be the hero. Or they don't dare. In international competition, you need a star player who will take the lead and one that will stay healty hopefully.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

a little on the young side, maybe too young to win. i don't see this team striking fear to any of the top sides.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

laporte > kimpembe
Martial > thauvin

too much defender, must have left one spot for lacazette
this is a joke, even french grandfather wenger can select the team better, wtf.
I have expectation but maybe it's time to turn my attention to belgium, smh...
good luck to brazil and germany, you have one less threat.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Thauvin absolutely deserves to get in over Martial. Lemar though, wtf, he's not had a good season and has been clearly worse than Martial.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

MaRtIaL > tHaUvIn

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

how could you not put laporte in? ...surely that cant be the entire midfield going? there quite a few weird choices

good luck to them, they just have so much fucking quality everywhere, its unfair aha

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@sunflash thauvin only shines because of ligue 1 and he didn't perform vs atletico, not convincing enough for me. martial has pace, there is already fekir, pogba and griezmann who is creative, there is no need for thauvin anymore. in fact, tbf lacazette should've gotten in given his form.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@thebaldgenius I really love Martial but I still think Thauvin deserve the spot after the season he had. Gotta blame Mou for that imo.

@Greatone I know, I don't understand why Rami got selected over Laporte, doesn't make sense for me. :(

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Yeah, Laporte definitely deserved to be there, very strong squad, I still hope Tolisso will be a starter in 433.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Agreed, like I said, I don't understand how they chose to take Rami over Laporte, it make no sense for me. No matter how far Rami went into the Europa league.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Feels good to see Giroud in ahead of Benzema

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@legends16 To be fair, Didier Deschamp was never gonna call Benzema, he clearly don't want him in his group, it might be because of his origin or the controversy he's been involved in but whatever it is, its completely on the manager, has nothing to do with player and skill. Even though Giroud has been better in term of scoring goal imo.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Laporte over Rami, but I agree with the rest of the squad.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

gutted for Martial. Then again, he never showed much hunger throughout this season. Never rose up to the occasion.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Yeah, I love him but I feel he didn't show enough to warrant a spot, a shame. Wouldn't have hated seeing over Fekir to be fair. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Rabiot, Martial, Lacazette in. Nzonzi, Thauvin, Dembelé out. It's crazy that Dembele and Thauvin are in the squad... One haven't done much and been injured a lot, and the other is french footballs most overrated player.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Pelle

Thauvin was atrocious at Newcastle but has always had potential and this year he has really risen to the occasion this season. They way he's been playing, along with 22 goals and 12 assists in 35 Ligue 1 games is greater than what Lacazette, or Martial have shown this season.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

He was "good" even before going to Newcastle. His major problem has been his attitude... he can score, and assist but I wouldn't bet on him in the big moments. I'm not saying he is poor, but he still hasn't impressed on me.