Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Germany vs France
Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

I think this game today is going to be very interesting, a lot more then last nights game anyway :P So whats everyones predictions and discussions on this game?

Comments
_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

VIVE LA FRANCE!

BOBBY123 8 years ago
Barcelona, Australia 5 275

Go France!!....So hard to predict, but i am backing France for this one. Maybe 2-1 or something close.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I think the Germans will take it. Of course, I've been wrong about literally every knockout game so far, so maybe don't take my word for it.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Ze germans are going to win ze match.

Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Huge, huge game! Finally, we get two behemoths facing off in this tournament. Sure, we had Italy v Germany but this is the weakest Italy side I've ever seen in a major tournament.

Both teams are in varying degrees favorites to win this tournament, and I reckon that winner will lift the trophy.

I cannot wait for it. It'll be a great one, both teams know how to attack well, both defend well, and both have great midfield. This will be contested in every area.

I am going for France winning it. They have a wonderfully young and talented side, are at home, and are hungry. Germany has experience, and are one of the best teams in the World but they've just won the World Cup. I don't know if they'll want it as much as the French, with the tournament being hosted in France adding yet another reason for French to want it.

In the end, this will not be decided by talent or skill. It will be decided by which team wants it more, and/or which team is simply having a luckier day.

Get ready to rumbleeee!!!!

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@Amerr30 Weakest Italian side yet took Germany to PK's! That is kinda scary if you think about it.

This is a huge game I agree. I am pulling for France for a few reasons but to be honest Germany can take this match and move on to win the whole thing. I want France because it is in France. I want France because Germany is the World Cup Champion and someone needs to beat them. I want France because I think they have been playing more attack minded than Germany which has been fun to watch. Of course Germany is very tactical and it is all part of the game plan but I do love me some attacking style footy.

To go with Amerr30 It's TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

Allez les bleus!

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Darth

Weakest Italian side in recent memory still had a better defense than anyone else. Their attack was simply punchless with Pelle operating as a poor man's Giroud and their midfield looked clueless without Pirlo's influence. Really disappointing. Even when they did score goals, it was through defenders on set pieces, such as Bonucci against Germany.

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@SunFlash Completely agree and when is Italy's defense not better or one of the best round? haha Will be interesting to see how they transition moving forward.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Advance confirmed boys, I suck at predicting games.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

Hell yeah, we got our prediction right lad. Well, everyone but Sun and Chelsea8. Lol.

@Sun Now please predict Portugal to win in the final. :p

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited

^Sun: I seem to be really good at it. :)

I suppose it just comes from watching and following football for a good.. 22 years.

After a while, before each game.. there's a build-up. There's news. There's form. It all combines to paint a picture. Now of course, just by itself, you don't really know what it says. However, when you've watched so many of build-ups, so many different forms, and news, and what who said.. You remember how you used to hope, how you were disappointed.. so many times.

All those disappointments did teach me in the end.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I sound even coherent with what I'm trying to say. I'm a little drunk.

My point is that it's really a gut feeling, one that has developed from years and years of picking the wrong side.

So don't worry, it is all a part of the experience. Paying your dues, if you will. Soon enough, you'll know 90% of the winners, even in evenly matched games.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^Sun: I seem to be really good at it. :)

I suppose it just comes from watching and following football for a good.. 22 years.

After a while, before each game.. there's a build-up. There's news. There's form. It all combines to paint a picture. Now of course, just by itself, you don't really know what it says. However, when you've watched so many of build-ups, so many different forms, and build-up news.. You remember how you used to hope, how you were disappointed.. so many times.

All those disappointments did teach me in the end.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I sound even coherent with what I'm trying to say. I'm a little drunk.

My point is that it's really a gut feeling, one that has developed from years and years of picking the wrong side.

So don't worry, it is all a part of the experience. Paying your dues, if you will. Soon enough, you'll know 90% of the winners, even in evenly matched games.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Amerr30 Don't worry, we understand what you mean, I agree its something of a gut feeling (developed by experience) mixed with understanding of the game. I still need to work hard, I predict only 1 on 3 of the game right most of the time. My biggest problem is that too many time, I put the results I would like to see.

• History

@Amerr30 Don't worry, we understand what you mean, I agree its something of a gut feeling mixed with understanding of the game. I still need to work hard, I predict only 1 on 3 of the game right most of the time. My biggest problem is that too many time, I put the results I would like to see.

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited

Yes, Emo. That is a problem, but there's nothing wrong with that. We all do it, some more and others less.

If we all just watched and followed the game without any emotional involvement, it would not be nearly as fun nor as interesting. That part of it is what makes it so great.

It just means that you shouldn't be betting for money.

You could make a correct prediction, you know it in the back of the mind. The trick is in learning when to listen to that little voice,, and when to ignore it.

You're Canadian, right? Are you glad/happy that France is in the final?

• History

Yes, Emo. That is a problem, but there's nothing wrong with that. We all do it, some more and others less.

If we all just watched and followed the game without any emotional involvement, it would not be nearly as fun nor as interesting. That part of it is what makes it so great.

It just means that you shouldn't be betting for money.

You could make a correct prediction, you know it in the back of the mind. The trick is in learning when to listen to it, and when to ignore it.

You're Canadian, right? Are you glad/happy that France is in the final?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I looked at the lineups, looked how the two team had been playing and thought, Boateng can keep Griezman contained, and Germany should create lots of chances. Hence, German victory.

Right on both counts. Wrong on prediction. fml

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@Amerr Very happy, since I'm from Quebec, I'm very proud of my french heritage even if it come from far away. What about you Amerr?

And what about you Sunflash?