Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Germany vs Mexico Post Match Talk
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well that was fucking awful.

Really impressed with Mexico's energy and pressing, although they ran out of fresh legs very early in the game (started to look tired around the 40' minute mark).

Germany really struggling with Werner as the forward. He didn't seem to make any runs or move much from the Mexican CBs to get involved in the build-up play. Real lack of quality in the final third from Germany. :(

Comments
ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Dreadful from Germany tbh. They passed the ball around well but couldn't penetrate the defense at all. Mexico did their homework and spotted the hole Kimmich leaves in defense, if they capitalised properly on that a few more times and improved on finishing in addition to their decision making up front it could have been 3-0 to Mexico

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No surprises, Mexico have a excellent team. Extremely poor from everyone, maybe not Ozil and Neuer. I have to say Kimmich especially, not tracking back at all.

Btw, just gonna say this

Germany B 4 1 Mexico
Germany A 0 1 Mexico

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Honestly, awful. Mexico was all over Germany and keeping Werner in after Mexico parked the bus is no sense decision. Don't know why Kimmich didn't put any defensive work, also don't know why Reus wasn't in earlier.

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Mexico did really well to close down Germany's midfield. Their counters were great and Löw did very little to change that. Mexico could have scored so many more goals if they were just a tad bit more clinical.

I suddenly don't feel so bad about drawing 1-1 to Iceland.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Mexico distrito really well to close down Germany's midfield. Their counters were great and Löw did very little to change that. Mexico could have scored so many more goals if they were just a tad bit more clinical.

I suddenly don't feel so bad about drawing 1-1 to Iceland.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Germany were really poor but Mexico were also incredible. Especially up to the moment they scored the goal, they created so many occassion on the counter as well. It was great to watch. Felt to me like nobody wanted to take responsability in the German team. Was really dissapointing to see. Lozano was impressive and has a big future ahead of him. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Germany were really poor but Mexico were also incredible. Especially up to the moment they scored a goal, they created so many occassion on the counter as well. It was great to watch. Felt to me like nobody wanted to take responsability in the German team. Was really dissapointing to see. Lozano was impressive and has a big future ahead of him.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Respect to Germany but this was our day today, German team lacks the leadership on the pitch that they once had with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philip Lahm, Michael Ballack...Also respect to Reus that looked much better when he came on compared to others.

Future of Mexican football looks bright.

Chuky Lozano as the best striker of PSV the champions of Holand has now shown that he is ready for the big stage.

Hector Herrera played at the level of Zidane this game, he controlled the game so hard against some of the best midfield lineups in the world, if he was Brazilian he would play in Barcelona already. Carlos Vela showed his class once again, so did Ochoa.

Jesus Gallardo is only 23 years old and playing in México in Pumas and yet he was brilliant against Kimmich that is already one of the biggest talents out there.

Rafa Marquez has now played in 5 World Cups, big respect to the legend.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Germans never win in Russia.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo No idea about Mexico future as a whole but for sure, Lozano is ready for playing on the big stage, tell me more about him when you have time mate, I'm really curious to know more about him.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

This is why football is not decided on paper. Reputations mean nothing once the whistle is blown.

Viva la Mexico! I hope they go on to shine.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

That's worth a genuine LOL, and a +1.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

enter image description here