Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Golfer Or Football? Tevez caddies for Romero at Open
ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Carlos Tevez switched from football to golf when he caddied for fellow Argentine Andres Romero in the final round of The Open at Royal Lytham.

The striker is a huge golf fan, and was frequently pictured with club in hand during his five-month exile from Manchester City last season.

However, his major caddying debut did not go to plan, as Romero shot a 12-over-par 82, one of the worst rounds of the week, leaving him dead last of all the players to make the cut.

Romero, who was already well off the pace, teed off at 8am alongside Chad Campbell, and he and Tevez quickly found trouble, dropping five shots in the first four holes.

The 31-year-old carded just a single birdie on the 11th, and double-bogeyed four times.

Tevez nonetheless declared himself delighted, saying: "I enjoyed the round. The course is beautiful. The chance to walk along the course and to be around these great players is a pleasure and something unforgettable.

"This is the dream of everybody who plays golf. It was my first major!

"It was difficult to carry the bag because it weighed so much but it was fine." Tevez said.

"I couldn't give any advice about the slopes but I just carried the bag and supported him each hole. Romero is a professional and he knows everything already. We worked together very well."