Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Good or Bad Season: PL Big Six
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So, lets review the season of the big six in this thread okay? Let's start with the league winner, Manchester City.

Obviously, on the negative, people will note that City failed in the FA Cup against Wigan in the round of 16 and that they had to spend a lot this season to rebuild their team. On the somewhat negative, we could also talk about how their CL campaign ended at the quarter final againt rival Liverpool, but considering the fact most other English team had been already eliminated in the round of 16, I don't feel its so bad. Finally, but not the least, the positive, City won the league with a record 100 point and also won the League Cup in the second season Pep was in charge.

So what do you think? Did City had a good or bad season this time around?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Next up is Manchester United!

While not winning any title this time around, Manchester United still had a lot of positive compared to last season. Lets start by the negative though. They were out of the League Cup in the quarter final against Bristol, an opponent that they should have won against and they also got eliminated in the first knockout round of the CL. On to the positive though, United finishing second in the league this season was maybe not the perfect scenario for its fans but at the very least, we can consider it a large improvement over their last year sixth place finish. They also reached the final of the FA, beating some big rival like Tottenham along the way.

So what do you think? Did United had a good or bad season?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Next is Tottenham Hotspurs!

The Spurs also failed to win a trophy this season but this doesn't mean it was all bad for them. The negative include the fact they got eliminated in the round of 16 in the league cup against rival West Ham and that they were eliminated in the first knockout round of the CL despite putting up a good performance against Juventus. As for the positive, the third place finish in the PL to confirm a CL spot next year is certainly one and another is the fact they reached the semi of the FA Cup which is still a pretty decent results.

So what do you guys think? Did Spurs had a good or a bad season?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Next is Liverpool!

The Reds have had a bit of a crazy season, what with them losing Coutinho and getting Van Djik halfway through it. The negative are obviously their elimination of the League Cup against Leicester and their defeat against West Brom in fourth turn of the FA Cup. The positive however are them securing a CL spot over Chelsea and obviously, them reaching the CL final against Real Madrid despite not winning it.

So what do you think? Did Liverpool had a good or a bad season?

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Next up is Chelsea!

The Blues certainly didn't have an easy year this time around but they certainly made the most of the last competition they were still in. Their greatest negative is propably failing to qualify for CL by finishing fith in the league but they also failed in the first knockout round of the CL by losing against Barca. Worth noting they also weren't able to claim the community shield at the beggining of the season. However, there are some good positive for Chelsea as well this season, for example, they won the FA cup against Manchester United and reached the semi of the Carabao Cup, only losing it against rival Arsenal.

So what do you guys think? Good or bad season for Chelsea?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Next up is Chelsea!

The Blues certainly didn't have an easy year this time around but they certainly made the most of the last competition they were still. Their greatest negative is propably failing to qualify for CL by finishing fith in the league but they also failed in the first knockout round of the CL by losing against Barca. Worth noting they also weren't able to claim the community shield at the beggining of the season. However, there are some good positive for Chelsea as well this season, for example, they won the FA cup against Manchester United and reached the semi of the Carabao Cup, only losing it against rival Arsenal.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Finally, Arsenal!

Its hard to be positive about the Gunners season since they didn't win any "major" title and underperformed on many level. I still think their season wasn't as bad as many make it out to be. Lets still start with the negatives, a sixth place finish in the league and an early elimination against Nottingham forest in the FA cup. Like with City, we could talk about the somewhat negative when talking about their Europa league elimination against Atletico but still, the fact their reached the semi is still a good feat in itself. As for the positive, they reached the league cup final even though they finaly lost it to City and they won the Community Shield at the beggining of the season.

So, what do you think? Did Arsenal had a good or a bad season?

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

City - great
United - solid
Tottenham - good
Liverpool - great
Chelsea - under-average by their standards
Arsenal - extremely under-average

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Yeah, I pretty much agree with you, though I'm a bit dissapointed with Tottenham, seem to me like there is not much progress from them when compared to previous season.

BlueBlueBlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, Serbia 0 38

City had not good but super season Pep and his team destroyed everyone it was more than good it was impressive.

Rest all had bad season but Chelsea got a title anyway FA Cup winner while all other no silverware at all.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Great thread!

City - great
United - okay
Tottenham - good
Liverpool - great
Chelsea - bad
Arsenal - very bad

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

United was really disapointing tbh, Chelsea and Arsenal were shambles.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Seriously would have thought that FA Cup would have been enough for some people to feel like Chelsea had a decent season but guess I was wrong. Also, I don't get how people can say United had a bad season, at least, not when I compare it to last year, its true they didn't won any trophy this time around but at least, they are back in the top four. :U

@Blue Yeah but Chelsea will miss CL next season which imo, can be worse than winning certain silverware. :(

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emobot well part of that I imagine is because United got bounced by Sevilla in the Champions League and by Bristol City in the League Cup like you said. Both ties which they should have won. Then top four finish is a must for a club like United. They didn't bring in Alexis Sanchez just to finish top 4 in PL, but to do big things in the Champions League.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Yvan21 I get what you mean but still, going from finishing sixth to second in the PL is a not a bad progress between 2 season. :(

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

WTF WHO SAID LIVEPROOL HAD A BAD SEASON?!!!!

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@lio Lol, chill out mate. It might just be an hater or someone who think winning zero trophy mean you had a bad season. Either way, their rating stay above 90% which speak volume of how many were impressed by them this season despite the often weird scoreline they would end up with. I'm looking at you Roma. XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@lio Lol, chill out mate. It might just be an hater. ;)

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

There is no debate about Chelsea’s season. 100% awful!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 Still think the FA Cup win save it a bit at least even if its not much.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That's why I rated them as just "bad" especially looking at last year and their potential.

And Arsenal, very bad :D

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

That FA Cup win is huge for us. Hadn't won it since 11/12.

It's tought to call it a bad season because if we hadn't have had those two defeats against Watford and Bournemouth, hence got top four, it would have been a great season, so we were literally two wins away from a great season.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ask United fans if they want to swipe places with us as FA cup winners for top 4 finish. Their majority answer will pretty much sum up our season.