Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Guardiola: Sensationally Overrated?
Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Has anyone changed their minds regarding Guardiola recently - especially following the City and Liverpool QF tie?

I know this has been discussed here over and over again, and we all know where everyone mostly is with regards to their views of Guardiola, but the more time goes by, the more people like myself and those who think he's overrated are proven right.

Has anyone jumped fences?

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Chelsea got helped in 2012, never heard a word from your month. You can keep your selective memory and honor for you.
And I don’t need any honor lesson from a Chelsea fan...

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don’t remember where but show me Sherlock. Even if they did, have I said I approve of it?

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Chelsea robbed Napoli? Ok I can accept it.

But...speaking of honor lessons? How many teams you robbed during this legacy with Messi? Both at La Liga and UCL

How many TAX scandals have you done? How many rigged matches with Barcelona B?

Honor lessons from you? B..please.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Dynastian98

You can be an amazing manager and still have glaring flaws. I don't think the argument Marcus and Joze are trying to make is that he's a poor manager. They're saying he's overrated and seemingly immune to criticism because of a deification of his play-style and "philosophy", which isn't his in the first place. He took Cruyff's formula and applied it to present players with minor tweaks.

I don't disagree, but I think every manager has some flaws. When playing Sarri's Chelsea, the biggest thing you can do to stop him is man mark Jorginho. When playing Del Bosque's Spain side, the biggest thing you could do is play long balls into the box. I do think he makes his side too repetitive, but he did achieve a trophy in nearly every season of managing. At City his style took longer to implement, but he gained 100 points, which is really difficult. As you say, he does a very good job smashing average sides, but in the CL, as lucky as he has been in 2009, I also think he has been very unlucky against Atletico Madrid in 2016. Whether he was gonna win RM or not we don't know, but I'm pretty sure he has a really good record in finals.

To be honest though I don't think City are strong enough to win the CL yet though, with any manager. It's a young team and the players can develop into really good players ( Silva and Sterling being the main two), but I think they're not strong enough as of yet. Saying that, if Ajax win the CL, then yeah I don't think there will be many excuses for Pep because those guys are even less experienced then City.

Marcus2011

Good you noticed that he lost by "1cm" offside. History would have remembered how triumphant City were to overcome Spurs, just like people remember about Barcelonas comeback against PSG or to round this back to Pep , how he won titles in 2009 and 2011. Question should be then are you for the fair game or do you want to watch matches or perhaps remember matches that were washed up by "marginal" referee decisions which had significant impact on the outcome of the match?

I'm pro VAR, but that wasn't really my point. I was trying to say that if Silva doesn't hit the ball and it lands straight to Aguero, or if Aguero was onside, then this thread wouldn't have been revived. The right team went through and I'm happy. I personally don't think the Llorente goal was a handball, but I also didn't think that Kimpembe block was a handball. I feel that there needs to be more consistency with the handball rule. But since they've introduced the new rule, I'm not really complaining, because UEFA are trying their best to make the game fair.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

just want to mention that their new rule sucks balls - and its going to have dire consequences when mixed with VAR taking action for EVERY handball in the box. Teams are gonna be training to hit peoples hands (because why wouldn't they?)

its meant to take the debate out of the ambiguity problem with handballs - it's the easy solution but the bad solution, it's equal but not fair