Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How much do you know about your club's finances?
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Now that the Transfer Window has closed I thought it might be interesting to compare & contrast the frugality or excessiveness of each club...Below is a Table that documents the financial activity of each EPL club since 2006:

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Naturally, I'll begin the discussion with Arsenal- firstly, because I'm an Arsenal supporter but more importantly, because the club's fiscal policy is a matter of perpetual debate.
The most glaring fact is that of all the EPL clubs Arsenal is dead bottom in net transfer expenditure.  Now, you could point to such a figure as evidence of the efficiency and intelligence of the clubs financial model.  However, one might also look to it as damning proof that the club have failed to re-invest the profit accrued from player sales back into the club.  Of course, there are many additional factors that are not displayed by this table, such as money invested into improving the academy, facilities, staff, and wage expenditure. That said, the club is the 3rd most valuable football club in the world and has massive sources of income outside of those accrued from player transfers.  Moreover, the fact that our wage structure is far less than that of most of the top clubs begs the question... just what EXACTLY are we (i.e. the board) doing with the surplus? I fully support the idea of investing heavily in youth academy and keeping an eye towards the future but not at the expense of becoming blinded to the needs of the present.  After all, the great Bertrand Russell one said "The habit of looking to the future and thinking that the whole meaning of the present lies in what it will bring forth is a pernicious one."

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Arsenal have always turned a profit every year. And when Wagner does spend he is smart about it. He doesn't rush and buy whatever player he can. That's what I like about arsenal. In the complete opposite is city. I feel like Mancini just purchased whoever they thought had talent and could bribe to join.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

this is awesome, can u put up seria A and la ligas too ? mainly just the top 3-4 teams if u can.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

btw i expect arsenal to pick up eden hazard in the nearish future

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@MessiDona: I will try to look for other leagues finances but I can't guarantee I'll find them. Also, I HIGHLY doubt Hazard is coming to the Emirates. It was looking likely 2 years ago but now that everyone has talked him up Lille will sell him to the highest bidder... maybe Chelsea?

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Now I understand why Arsene Wenger is refusing to buy players during the transfer season....

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

i la liga i would easily expect madrid to be 1st and barca 2nd..

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

@ramaboy10 , yea offcourse real madrid is very rich and in seria A i think ac milan is 1st and lazio is 2nd and then inter is 3th..

udikman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Indonesia 21 323

Arsenal 20 ????????????? hahahaha u must say thank to us for buying nasri and clichy ,,, who hohoho arsenal have class but no money ,,,, no money no cry .... wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwkwk .

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

no money but still cud beat u lot