Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Hundreds of dead and the humiliating payments of Qatar
JozeV2 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Some weeks before I learned that more than 1.200 refugees were killed at the construction of Qatar stadiums of 2022. The reports never stop and they keep going. The authorities are pretending they care but they do not do anything, worse part is the payment is nothing. We are pretty much back to medieval ages.

The magazine Fortune has updated 1 year before that Qatar is the richest nation in the world. The average person wins around 124.930 euros the year. Its the 2nd country int he world that produces wet natural gas, after Russia since its a much bigger country. Only Russia is antagonizing Qatar successfully in WC matters.

They are building 9 new luxurious stadiums and they are re-inovating 3 in 7 different cities. Money are not a problem but it is for the people that are making them.

After a lot of evidence that came out about how FIFA and Qatar are making the World cup and how they handle it, they found a lot of problems that were being ignored. Especially about how they are treating the people that are working there. Slavery describes it perfect.

The majority of the workers are refugees that were meant to be paid around 536 euros so they can find jobs, grab a visa from their wallets so they can secure their families. Days later their human rights were pretty much taken away and despite so many organizations like Humans Right Watch no difference was made as stated by their CEO Minky Worden.

Last September their passports were taken by their Slavers, and they had to get permission by them to leave the country or stop working, so pretty much they were prisoners working at high temperatures and like all those are not enough they forbid them to send money in their home countries to their families, with the majority of them not being paid for months.

They are not fed properly, mostly an Indian bread called chapati with no real meals being served, I won't even bother to speak how they sleep or where they live, I will simply add the most used quote of the workers : ''It is either this or suicide''.

Allan Hogarth CEO of Amnesty International in the UK has said : If Qatar found a chance to destroy the human rights through the WC they pretty much got exposed all over the world but sadly nobody really cares, that is why we see articles such as ''Qatar is waiting over 1.5 million tourists for the WC''.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Exactly 4 years before Qatar WC, we learned that more than 1.200 refugees were killed at the construction of Qatar stadiums of 2022. The reports never stop and they keep going. The authorities are pretending they care but they do not do anything, worse part is the payment is nothing. We are pretty much back to medieval ages.

The magazine Fortune has updated 1 year before that Qatar is the richest nation in the world. The average person wins around 124.930 euros the year. Its the 2nd country int he world that produces wet natural gas, after Russia since its a much bigger country. Only Russia is antagonizing Qatar successfully in WC matters.

They are building 9 new luxurious stadiums and they are re-inovating 3 in 7 different cities. Money are not a problem but it is for the people that are making them.

After a lot of evidence that came out about how FIFA and Qatar are making the World cup and how they handle it, they found a lot of problems that were being ignored. Especially about how they are treating the people that are working there. Slavery describes it perfect.

The majority of the workers are refugees that were meant to be paid around 536 euros so they can find jobs, grab a visa from their wallets so they can secure their families. Days later their human rights were pretty much taken away and despite so many organizations like Humans Right Watch no difference was made as stated by their CEO Minky Worden.

Last September their passports were taken by their Slavers, and they had to get permission by them to leave the country or stop working, so pretty much they were prisoners working at high temperatures and like all those are not enough they forbid them to send money in their home countries to their families, with the majority of them not being paid for months.

They are not fed properly, mostly an Indian bread called chapati with no real meals being served, I won't even bother to speak how they sleep or where they live, I will simply add the most used quote of the workers : ''It is either this or suicide''.

Allan Hogarth CEO of Amnesty International in the UK has said : If Qatar found a chance to destroy the human rights through the WC they pretty much got exposed all over the world but sadly nobody really cares, that is why we see articles such as ''Qatar is waiting over 1.5 million tourists for the WC''.

Comments
JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

I want to ask just 1 thing to this community.

I am pretty sure most of you were sad and so did I about the victims at France and how we all prayed for Paris but when we speak about Middle-Eastern people how easily most of you turn a blind eye and keep ignoring and supporting clubs owned by their Slavers. Nobody spoke about Lebanon victims or even then were treated like trolls and most of you will keep supporting and spend your hard earned money supporting such clubs.

So back to my question..How do you guys sleep at nights? I killed a cat the other day driving and it ruined my whole week. I know you are not killing the people at Qatar but turning a blind eye and every weekend filling their stadiums or arguing about who's the best on the pitch is sad. Ignorance is not the answer, ignorance is you passively supporting the situation.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

ignorance is you passively supporting the situation.

I don't think anyone ignores it. Whoever you ask about WC in Qatar, they will tell you it's all bullsh1t. All the deaths are up to the corrupted FIFA, who let this happen.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Many do sadly, just imagine how many people will go there that will just keep happening

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It’s sad we know that they are building the stadiums in over 50 degrees heat. But this is the price of money. Even the newspapers won’t push it.

As one person you can do something by raising awareness, so that enough people respond in the collective. Our game has been hijacked by the wealthy.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

FIFA's organisation is really shitty with UEFA. If they knew this would happen, then I don't see why they should have even given the WC to Qatar. Better give it to a country like Morroco.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11429

@JozeV2 Sadly, I knew about that crap a long time ago and it seriously pissed me off... wish I could do something about it, really. You can bet however I'm not going to give FIFA a single penny however, even if I win at the lottery, thats for sure.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@JozeV2 Sadly, I know about that crap a long time ago and it seriously pissed me off... wish I could do something about it, really. You can bet however I'm not going to give FIFA a single penny however, even if I win a the lottery, thats for sure.

@JozeV2 Sadly, I knew about that crap a long time ago and it seriously pissed me off... wish I could do something about it, really. You can bet however I'm not going to give FIFA a single penny however, even if I win a the lottery, thats for sure.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A life is a life, a Syrian life or an Indian equals a Europeen life for me.
Sadly it’s not how it works....