Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ibrahimovic on Premiere league
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Zlatan Ibrahimovic said that the quality of the Premier League is "overrated" but very few can handle the pace required to succeed in English football's top flight...

Considering he has played in Serie A, La Liga and Premiere league one could argue that he knows more than most of us...

Is he right?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Well, he is right about the pace thing. Its important to be and play quick in England, more than in a lot of country. As for it being overrated, that is his opinion, but his time in England was certainly not the one in which he scored the most goal of his career, thats for sure. :P

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

overrated to some point, but considering the number of imports and the quality of football, I can't really have the same opinion as his. different coaches bring all their foreign philosophy to england, we see different kind of style and game management.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Just a salty comment from him despite he is a little bit correct, EPL tends to be hyped up and some derbies are hard and awful to watch sometimes or not even show quality but that also backfires to their 6th spot finish. So if EPL lacks quality so did he when playing, he also had a bunch of games without scoring and a lot of chances.

Terminating his Europe career without a major trophy, having a weak comeback and closing your A-Z company in 1-2 years can leave bitter feelings so I can understand him a lil bit, still he is an all time favorite for me, I love his persona and quotes.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

In my opinion, the biggest differences between the EPL and say the MLS is the technical skills as a whole. Both leagues play fast and physical, yet the EPL has a smarter read of the game as it is happening, plus the skills of more players is higher technically than that of the MLS.

When you can ping the ball around, under control, and be in the right spots, it is hard to beat. MLS lacks the polish of skills and the awareness of real time reading of the game. MLS is physical yet it borders on uncontrolled because they are not putting themselves in the right places. They are constantly reacting which puts them on the back foot, over someone who is reading and acting. Additionally, you have the overall skill level. Most EPL players can handle the hot ball and have the control to settle the play to ground, where as in the MLS, too many players still play the ball high, must less controlled.

One can argue that La Liga is even more technical skill wise over the EPL, but sheer pace and a “rougher” style physically in the EPL, can be what hurts Spanish teams. Italy have a great mix, but they tend to lean more in the defensive world outside the powerhouse teams like Juve, who is still well known for defense.

I think is he right in that it can be overhyped, but at the same time, top to bottom, ELP is the best league in the world factoring in everything.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Joze Yeah, I share you're thought, I disagree with him but I understand why he would say that and I still appreciate him nevertheless. Tbf, Zlatan love to cause a controversy so its not big surprise that he said that either.

Algerino 5 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

I agree a bit with Zlatan. I have always regarded premiere league a bit overrated (look for example at the results in europe). But the pace is incredible. Ofc he could be a bit salty too.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is overrated for Ibrahimovic's standards perhaps. Man is one of the greatest strikers so perhaps he was expecting something incredible because after all he did play in some of the top teams alongside one of the greatest players.

I don't think he an amazing time in United so perhaps that is the reason why he would say such a thing also but he did well for his age which mostly due to his technical side, sheer size and physicality which is a big plus in EPL. I always thought that he is a pure EPL type of striker, and I honestly not sure why he never joined the league instead playing Seria A during his prime because he would have left a legacy bigger than in Inter Milan. Then he would have joined Barcelona as much more expensive player and with a much stronger reputation.

I also think his time in PSG was a waste for the football but i am sure he made plenty of money and left the legacy in France. Perhaps, reporters should ask him what does he mean by "Overrated".. what is his definition and where do you think EPL fail to impress him..

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It's not the best league in the world, it is the most entertaining.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

it Depends on who rate it, if he speaks about English media then yes, they overrate it. In France it’s rated fairly imo, we are the main feeders so our media got some objectivity.

As for Comming to PL, Zlatan at 34 yo should have gone directly to MLS. He still did some good in his United spell bu his best days were gone.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

it Depends on who rate it, if he speaks about English media then yes, they overrate it. In France it’s rated fairly imo, we are the main feeders so our media got some objectivity.