Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Incorrect football predictions
amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Hey guys, I thought about this thread, so in this thread, just leave some predictions you made that went so wrong:

Here are some of mine:

Coquelin could be a potential Arsenal legend
Morata would make it in PL
Lichtsteiner > Bellerin
Yerry Mina has potential to be a top CB
Ranieri is an excellent manager

Comments
tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have been wrong a lot, lolll, so let's start with more fresh, recent ones...

• Luis Van Gaal could change what Moyes damaged as a new winning mentality manager.
  • Real Madrid would fail in UCL after sluggish performance in La Liga (2017-2018) and the one before, they went on and won UCL (still failed in La Liga though).
  • Bale can fill Ronaldo's place, nope!
  • Mourinho came back to Chelsea 2nd times would be super scary
  • After Moggi scandal it would take Juve much longer time to came back. The other teams though.
  • Beckham could come back to Man United for training and his temp contract, a dream reunion (went for Arsenal, Milan and PSG)...

A salty one.

• 2 UCL finals againstBarca, we could win, or put an on par fight with them (Sir. Alex was still in charge), but this damn Barca team with Messi, Pyoul, Xavi, Iniesta under Pep were beast.

--- and worst ---

• We could survive the "after Sir. Alex", would take 3 years may be... not this long...
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.
  • Luis Van Gaal could change what Moyes damaged as a new winning mentality manager.
  • Real Madrid would fail in UCL after sluggish performance in La Liga, they went on and won UCL (still failed in La Liga though).
  • After Moggi scandal it would take Juve much longer time to came back. The other teams though.
  • Beckham could come back to Man United for training and his temp contract, a dream reunion (went for Arsenal, Milan and PSG)...

--- and worst ---

• We could survive the "after Sir. Alex", would take 3 years may be... not this long...

• Real Madrid would fail in UCL after sluggish performance in La Liga, they went on and won UCL (still failed in La Liga though).

--- and worst ---

A salty one.

• 2 UCL finals againstBarca, we could win, or put an on par fight with them (Sir. Alex was still in charge), but this damn Barca team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta were beast.

--- and worst ---

• Real Madrid would fail in UCL after sluggish performance in La Liga (2017-2018) and the one before, they went on and won UCL (still failed in La Liga though).

A salty one.

• 2 UCL finals againstBarca, we could win, or put an on par fight with them (Sir. Alex was still in charge), but this damn Barca team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta were beast.

--- and worst ---

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768
  • Arda Turan would be a good addition to Barca.
  • Bale would score more goals without Cr7, but since Zidane departure and injuries it’s impossible. Motivation and killer instinct are also reasons of this failure.
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Real Madrid would fail in UCL after sluggish performance in La Liga (2017-2018) and the one before, they went on and won UCL (still failed in La Liga though).

I did this one.

Morata would make it in PL
Yerry Mina has potential to be a top CB
Ranieri is an excellent manager

Made those as well. :P

Som prediction I did were:

• If Ronaldo was to leave Real, it would be to China (for money), to United or to PSG.
  • Laurent Blanc would have gotten a decent job this summer.
  • Rooney would have ended his career at either United or Everton and Joe Hart would have ended his at City.
  • That Joe Hart was actually a top player and would have proven it at Burnley.
  • Sunderland would have been back in the prem by now and Burnley would have been relegated.
amir_keal 5 years ago

Aguero has declined
France will flop in the WC
Carlo would fail to adapt to SarriBall heavily
Kovac would be good for Bayern
Henry would success at Monaco

Lichtsteiner > Bellerin

The fact I thought this, was Bellerin really that bad last season or is Lichtsteiner really performing poorly right now.

Post those incorrect predictions! Need more activity!

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Also had the Aguero declined one... I was completely wrong.

ramaboy10 5 years ago Edited
Mauritius 285 6463
  • Germany would win 2018 world cup
  • Neymar would become Barcelona's next star
  • Barcelona would destroy Chelsea in the second leg of the champions league (2011/12)
  • RVP would become Manchester United's main man
  • Ozil would take Arsenal to the top
  • Real Madrid would become much better with the removal of CR7
  • Guardiola would make Bayern Munich the best football club in the world by far (surpassing Barcelona of 2009-11)
  • Lukaku was an excellent signing
  • Mateo Kovacic would be a world class player by this point

There are lots more, can't think of any right now haha

• History
  • Germany would win 2018 world cup
  • Neymar would become Barcelona's next star
  • Barcelona would destroy Chelsea in the second leg of the champions league (2011/12)
  • RVP would become Manchester United's main man
  • Ozil would take Arsenal to the top
  • Real Madrid would become much better with the removal of CR7
  • Guardiola would make Bayern Munich the best football club in the world by far (surpassing Barcelona of 2009-11)
  • Lukaku was an excellent signing

There are lots more, can't think of any right now haha

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432
  • Morata would do well for Chelsea
  • Moses would remain a key player for Chelsea
  • Youri Tielman would be playing in a top team by now, instead, he kinda failed to impress at Monaco and is currently on loan at Leicester
  • Expected Golovin to keep making a name for itself after the world cup. Haven't actually heard about him at all since then.
amir_keal 5 years ago

Also had the Aguero declined one... I was completely wrong.

I was so wrong. I was starting to think we would see his decline. Then I saw his goals against Liverpool, Arsenal, Southampton and many other teams. Now I only think about why I even thought that in the first place

Some more:

Wenger would have found a job by now, seems no one actually wants him
Denis Suarez would star under Valverde
Perisic can prove people that he is one of the best in the world
Andre Gomes would flop in PL
Issa Diop is a terrible CB

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

:D

@rama: Real Madrid would become much better with the removal of CR7

Okay that's a bit silly thought

amir_keal 5 years ago

I had that thought as well tbf, the way Madrid was starting the season we were entitled to it I guess.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

I have a big problem with the word "much", I did prefer their style a bit right after he left, but I never thought to jump to conclusion they would be slightly bit better.

Lodatz 5 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992
  • Harry Kane will be a One Season Wonder.
  • Chelsea having no European football in 2016/17 had nothing to do with them winning the title, and they will continue to dominate in 2017/18 and 2018/19.
  • (in 2015) Arsenal will win the next 10 North London Derbies.
  • Gareth Bale will flop at Real Madrid, instead of winning 4 European Cups in 5 years, 3 FIFA Club World Cups and 3 UEFA SuperCups.
  • Luka Modric will never cut it at Real Madrid, instead of... well, you get the idea.
  • Pedro is world class and would destroy the Premier League.
  • Diego Costa is world class and would destroy the Premier League.
  • Radamel Falcao would destroy the Premier League.
  • Mezut Ozil would destroy the Premier League.
  • Angel di Maria would destroy the Premier League.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic is (still) world class, and would destroy the Premier League.
  • Liverpool will spend the Suarez money more wisely than Spurs spent the Bale money, and leave them for dust, instead of finishing below Spurs every year for the next four seasons.
  • Everton will spend the Lukaku money more wisely than Spurs spent the Bale money, etc.

None of them mine, of course. Just a few of the things I've been told, over the years.

• History
  • Chelsea having no European football in 2016/17 had nothing to do with them winning the title, and they will continue to dominate in 2017/18 and 2018/19.
  • Gareth Bale will flop at Real Madrid, instead of winning 4 European Cups in 5 years, 3 FIFA Club World Cups and 3 UEFA SuperCups.
  • Luka Modric will never cut it at Real Madrid, instead of... well, you get the idea.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic is (still) world class, and would destroy the Premier League.
  • Liverpool will spend the Suarez money more wisely than Spurs spent the Bale money, and leave them for dust, instead of finishing below Spurs every year for the next four seasons.
  • Everton will spend the Lukaku money more wisely than Spurs spent the Bale money, etc.

None of them mine, of course, just a few things I've been told, over the years.

None of them mine, of course. Just a few of the things I've been told, over the years.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz Holy sheet, you know a lots of deluded dude, half of these were already unrealistic. How about putting some of your own though. :P I know you're good but you must have had some wrong prediction from time to time, thats what we want to hear about. ;P

amir_keal 5 years ago Edited

tuan_jinn

I have a big problem with the word "much",

Yeah true. I think it was a bit too early to make that call. The way they started under Lopetegui, I thought they would win La Liga and maybe make a far run in the CL.

Lodatz

Gareth Bale will flop at Real Madrid, instead of winning 4 European Cups in 5 years, 3 FIFA Club World Cups and 3 UEFA SuperCups.

Tbh, in his time at Real Madrid he underperformed for most of the time. I know he won them a Copa Del Ray and was probably best player in 2016/2018 CL final, but overall the expections that he had was so much higher.

• History

tuan_jinn

I have a big problem with the word "much",

Yeah true. I think it was a bit too early to make that call. The way they started under Lopetegui, I thought they would win La Liga and maybe make a far run in the CL.

ramaboy10 5 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Okay that's a bit silly thought

Not really, I didn't expect Zidane to retire.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@ramaboy True that, that must have played a role. Would argue it played a bigger one that Ronaldo left.

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

that Liverpool would win previous seasons
that BVB would beat monaco in UCL 2017( bus atttack and Mbappe destroyed us)
that Julian Weigl was the future of BVB
that Ronaldo would go back to EPL
that el Sharawary, jovetic, destro and tielemens amongst many others would be better

the list goes on