Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Interesting question regarding Champions League (curious)
SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

What would happen if the EPL table finished this way:

Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
Chelsea
Man Utd

But, Man Utd won the Champions League and Chelsea won the Europa League

Who would qualify for next year to play in the Champions league? knowing that the CL and EL winners automatically qualifies. would that mean 6 EPL sides qualifies or Spurs & Arsenal will be left out?

Comments
SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Btw Chelsea won the Champions League in one of their worst seasons with aging players and injuries, and then a club's legend takes over for the rest of the season and motivated the players and raised their beliefs to win things, just like Man Utd's situation and it seem like Ole could could possibly make a surprise there.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

We had this discussion a few years ago so I'm really digging in the memory here, but I'm pretty sure whoever is in 4th in the league doesn't go. Can't seem to find the thread though.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, you would have 6 teams qualify. In your scenario, all but Everton will qualify.

As you can see, TH and EL indicate the winners of the CL and EL, respectively, and on top of that you'd have England's #1-4 also qualifying directly.

enter image description here

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Thanks Dynastian! Yeah I know that but that was an old rule @SunFlash this is why I was wondering how it is for this year because they always change their rules.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Under the old rules, Spurs and Arsenal would miss out though like SarriBall said, right?

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

The only way I believe there can be 5 teams qualify for the champs league is what happened a few years ago. A team outside the top 4 won the Europa League + The top 4 places in the EPL. Manchester United 2016 and I think it happened for Sevilla in La Liga as well, they finished 5th or something and won UEL.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Looks like I jinxed my team haha.. we better win the Europa League. I don't know what is going on, hopefully Sarri won't end up like Scolari, in fact, Scolari at this stage had one more point. I enjoyed the first half of the season, we seemed to play good football but now we are having a lot of issues.. Not sure what is going on, but Sarri doesn't seem to have plan B, he has his own mind set and expect the players to do what is in his imagination. He wouldn't change the formation according to the other teams formation and game plan.. we struggle easily against someone who would set back and wait to counter attack. at this point I think I started to hate tiki taka and enjoy when we used to play counter attacking football, it seems the best suited for the EPL when you just want the 3 points. it's difficult for our one striker to score when there are 10 players defending, there are not enough spaces to give them the ball for them to score and even when they get the ball it's quite hard to score in a few seconds to think while having a couple of defenders still at you. Maybe we should do it the normal tiki taka not the vertical SarriBall one.. since that one tries to pull players away from their half, while the vertical one is not feared much cuz they will still be at the back and wait to counter. eh.. tough time.