Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is anything going to stop Manchester City claiming the title?
mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Who or what will stop City claiming the title? I think not much, apart from being in every possible cup is a challenge, and that they will win the Premier League, but you may think its too early to say, or have other views......pls comment

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Brexit is one of the external factors :))

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  • KDB injury
  • referee decisions
  • missing oil under Abu Dhabi
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

missing oil under Abu Dhabi

Savage! XD

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

^actually bursted out laughing

DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

I tipped city to win the league and i'll stick by it. They look capable of giving anyone an absolute thrashing.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

the problem i have with city is that it seems like they rely on out scoring their opponents. sure, if kdb, silva, aguero, jesus etc are in form, that isnt a problem. but if a couple of their attacking players get injured or are out of form, then suddenly they rely on their defence. stones/otamendi have already proven not to be as sound as other defences. for example, they may have scored 7 against stoke, but they also conceded two.

not that i think liverpool could have stopped them per se, but i would have loved to see how the match played out if mane didnt get sent off...

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

An injury to the backline, with mendy already injured would really limit peps choices, or a kevin debruyne injury, kevin debruyne is so crucial, almost every counter attack goes through him in the midfield somewhere which is when they score alot of thier goals,
statistically speaking they have the best shot at the title
_If mourinho has a massive change in team philosophy perhaps man u can climb back up .
also Kante back in the starting xI at chelsea is contes best hope to catch city, and then perhaps if kane continues his lethal form at tottenham, spurs might have the best chance at giving city a run for the money, but it is starting to look like a one horse league with alot of competition for the remaining Cl spots.

I really wonder what cities chances of a UCL title are,
,if tottenham wins their group , perhaps man city will meet real madrid in the round of 16

mancitydude 6 years ago

I agree that if we lost KDB we would begin to drop points, but with the likes of David Silva and Yaya Toure, who are old but still working hard, we can still keep ahead
Fernandinho is proving his worth, and works brilliant alongside KDB and DS in midfield.
Sane and Sterling are both brilliant wingers - and if either were injured, we could drop points too.
However, with such an attack minded team, we can score through our wingbacks - Danilo and Walker have given some brilliant service.
Also take note the John Stones - yes JOHN STONES of all people - has scored the joint top amount of CL goals for city this season with 3, the same as Sterling.
Stones and Otamendi have certainly bucked up in defence and are actually doing a very good job.
Sad to say but we actually no longer need the injury prone Kompany, but we can also turn to him for help.
Delph has been doing surprisingly well, and Gundogan is good enough to turn to if KDB gets inured, alongside David Silva and Fernandinho.

IF we get Sanchez in this coming window, or free in summer, he is another class attacking midfielder/striker we can use.
Phew!!! That was a lot for me!!!!

mancitydude 6 years ago

@Golefty
What you say about meeting real madrid in the round of 16 - I would relish that!!!
They have been surprisingly poor so far this season - both in La Liga and CL - and we recently beat them 4 - 1 preseason - not that that is much to go on......

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You can take Sanchez right now for Sane, huh?

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@nanda

Agree with you 100%. And that is called Guardiola problem and I am glad Chilliene spoke about it. I always felt that Guardiola doesn't know how to set up defense and utilize at it is best. Always the argument I heard was the best defense is the attack. Best defense is the well set up defense. That is why I think City will loose momentnum in January then in spring and when they will have rely on defense to pull results because front line is either injured or exhausted, they will be suffering. I hope they will lol

"Speaking this week as Italy prepare to face Sweden in a World Cup playoff, Chiellene said Guardiola's influence has led defenders to value distribution over marking.

Coining a new term for "the Guardiola way," Chiellini said: "Guardiolismo has ruined many Italian defenders a bit -- now defenders know how to set the tone of play and they can spread the ball, but they don't know how to mark. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy If I was in mancitydude place, it would be no deal. Sane is a beast, pretty close to Alexis to be fair in term of ability if not better in some area. :)

mancitydude 6 years ago

@quikzyyy
NO WAY!
Sane is maybe not quite as experienced as Sanchez, but is an incredible young talent, and very much needed in citys attacking force.

mancitydude 6 years ago

Citys defence this season has certainly improved since last season, and there have been no shocking errors as yet. John Stones has found his feet - no pun intended - and Kyle Walker, Danilo and Mendy have strengthened the back line, although Mendy is currently injured. I am also much more confident when the ball is played out from the back, or passed back to Stones in the central position, when I often used to crap myself when this happened last season!!! :D

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

when you spend 180million on defence it would be shame if it wasn't improved tho :)

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

To be fair, City have played Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, and beaten all 3. The only worrying games left for them until the New Year are United away, and Spurs at home; the 2 teams closest behind them.

If they win those games, then I would say that the title is simply theirs.

mancitydude 6 years ago

I agree Pep has spent a lot of money this season, but as he said its for the long run or the future. Current players are playing much better under him however, showing that its not just all these new expensive players that are boosting the squad.
I agree with @Lodatz, but must also give praise to Tottenham, who are certainly a title contender, and if City stay strong, I think will definetly clinch second place again. They are also doing very well in the champions league.

mancitydude 6 years ago

Although its nothing to do with this forum.........I cant be bothered to start a new 1.................whats your thoughts on Englands young sqaud
Im British but support Brazil - and very much looking forward to Tuesday!!!!!
1-1 Draw with Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling scoring........(shame hes pulled out the squad) :D