Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Real Madrid in trouble?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never been so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do you guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan @raimondo On the other hand, Isco and Bale has been really good this season, well, at the very least, Bale showed glimpse of his past form. As for Zidane, his strong point as alway being giving motivation to the player and his charisma, however, this only get a team so far. Player can outdo themselve even when hurt and fatigued, however, only for a certain amount, I fear Zidane burned his player now and that even he can't help them to motivate them more, especially now that they managed to win both La Liga and CL last season and since they won back to back CL for the first time in a while.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

There’s a little rumour that Tuchel will replace Zidane if things doesnt go well in two weeks, especially before PSG’s match in mind. Thoughts?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Zidane made bad decisions before the season started, I was writing somewhere that Real Madrid won't get away with the things they did like last season(scoring at the last minutes and getting points barely in close games), I was half right for now since the team did got worse but they are not even close to be able to get away with a win here and there with some crapping goals here and there because they as a team just play worse.

It will be scary to see how will Zidane rebuild the team after the World Cup, having in mind how PSG,Man City have done it.
That is, if he keeps the job, I'm not sure what to think about that because Real Madrid is known to simply fire anyone as soon as the results go down.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Its an option, an interesting one no doubt. But it would be completely stupid. Zidane is a legend, he is respected by the player, by the fan. Perez and the people at Real would make a big mistake as they would no doubt lose the player confidence especially before the game against PSG. I really hope they don't do it. If they want to remove Zidane, wait till the end of the season at the very least.

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Knowing Fiorentino, money will rebuild the team, not coaches.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yep firing Zidan would be extremely stupid and a huge ass mistake.

I dont think they will though

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

You can't sell players like Morata and J Rodriguez and think your team will be equally good as the previous season. Young talents is a long term solution, not something you replace a starplayer with. I'm sorry but Zidane grossly overestimated his team. Players like Benzema and CR7 are not getting younger, and Bale is too often injured. That's not an offense that will get you very far.. definitely not on a consistent basis. RM need something like a new worldclass striker/forward, and that's expensive and difficult to get.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You can't sell players like Morata and J Rodriguez and think your team will be equally good as the previous season. Young talents is a long term solution, not something you replace a starplayer with. I'm sorry but Zidane grossly overestimated his team. Players like Benzema and CR7 arw not getting younger, and Bale is too often injured. That's not an offense that will gwt you very far.. dedinitely not on a consistent basia. RM need something like a new worldclass striker/forward, and that's expensive and difficult to get.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Zidane said that he doesn't want new signings and that he trusts his team. In many ways that is a smart reaction, he showed stability as a manager, didn't panic and proved also his loyalty and trust in his team so the players won't go against him.

His argument is that he saw what those players are capable of.
It looks llke he stopped the club from cashing out for some new signing in this transfer window, even so he denied that he isn't getting along with Florentino Perez, my guess is that Perez was going to automatically react with new signings and that Zidane didn't want that move from the club.

The point is that Zidane is probably very slick, he might act as if everything is still fine but he is just waiting till the end of the season where Real will splash much cash after or during the World Cup.

He already made history in his first years but that doesn't mean he had all the experience as a manager, he probably knows now that he made some mistakes with letting go of some players and still giving all the trust in others.

It's going to be a wild ride when Real Madrid decides to bring new key players.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

That moment when you agree with Golazo...oof

Zidane hasn't put a foot wrong so far imo. Saying he needs new signings would kill the morale of his existing players, and he's going to need them for any UCL run and even to remain viable in La Liga. They will invest in the summer because the season up to this point has been unacceptable and the only way Real knows how to solve problems is throw money at them. But that doesn't help Zidane now, and he knows that.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I also agree with the fact that Zidan's response to the critics is class.

Real still have a very strong squad. But a lot are under performing, and need motivation...

Fire him is stupid after everything he has done.

Although, he needs to improve the situation one way or another.

I hope they bounce back soon.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

They will bounce back. There's no way a team as powerful as Real struggles for more than a season. They would change the entire squad if they had to (not saying its necessary). Sure his reaction is class but at the end of the day its a lie. I rather be forward and honest. His team is not doing well. Saying you need a nee striker can also be motivation to benz to finally step up. Even Zaza is doing better.

Zidane's tenure will moat likely depend on how far they reach in CL and staying in the top 4. I believe a 5th place finish and early CL knockout would lead to him leaving. Either fired or out of pride.

Also, will any top class players even be available next season? Waiting till after a WC is dangerous because of price hikes and injuries. I figure Real need about 2 or 3 top class signings to get back to their very best. PSG is willing to go at any monetary length to get the best players, and city is also there especially now with Pep. Zidane will have it tough for sure.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

We lost our spark, our fire, the desire to win. What I'm surprised that is right after the UEFA super cup and Spanish super league, we went through a 180' change in a span of a week or two. We were unstoppable against Barca and United, but as soon as we began our first league match, we were pathetic. I assumed fatigue caught up, but 4 months later and the performance just got worse. I don't see us winning anything except the CDR, and that's if we face Barca in the Final only or somehow they got kicked out.

All the players are underperforming, we can not play possession football, and we lack a striking force, Benzema is just an extra midfielder, he has no goal threat whatsoever, i expect Casemiro to score more than Benzema. Ronaldo is a mystery, being the topscorer in UEFA and having only 4 goals in la liga is beyond me. Bale is the only player performing well. Our defense is comparable to Liverpool. Ramos and Varane are horrendous, no comment for Marcelo and Casemiro, they are just complete shit this season. Asensio needs to start more, Ceballos needs to play more, vallejo should be our main defender alongside Ramos, he is literally the only player the stays in his position.

We need a new Striker, I donnt know how and I dont care, but as long as he can score goals, I'm happy.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I'd like to say that all Benzema needs to start scoring goals is motivation, but that's not it. He's just never had it. When you have Ronaldo not scoring and you take away from the team a good backup striker like Morata, it leaves Benzema completely exposed for his lack of scoring that's not a thing of this season only (though he's had horrible misses this season more than ever). Like @rayrex7 said, Benzema is like an extra midfielder.

Bale's doing alright, and I do not want to bring bad vibes or anything, but it's only a matter of time before he's out for weeks with a new injury. It'd be a miracle if he manages to stay healthy.

I agree that Zidane should finish the season whatever happens and then we'll see. And I agree that Zidane has to protect his squad by saying he doesn't want signings, but until there are no results to back him up it just makes him sound stubborn and fans are getting more and more impatient.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Another goalless, another defeat at the Bernabeu, and another frustrating game by Real Madrid. But whatever, same lineup and changes next game :)

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I honestly am about to give up. I've felt this frustrated with this team. We are going trophy less this season, but at least with a fight, how is scoring become so difficult for us?? How did our backline become so easy to penetrate?

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I have no idea tbh. And at least play Mayoral or something. We're talking about giving confidence to the squad by not going out and buying players, but how is Mayoral gonna gain confidence when Madrid literally needs to score goals and there's still a third change to be made but Zidane doesn't even bother playing him? It's crazy.

No ideas up front also, Pass, pass, pass and then cross by Marcelo or Carvajal. Get your guys to make runs behind the defense or something. Teams can just sit in their own box and defend crosses and they'll neutralize 95% of Madrid's attacks.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Real Madrid last five results in La Liga are 2 defeat, 2 draw and a single victory. :( Its really not going well for them at the moment, it seem like one of the worse part of the season as of now for them. Gotta blame Zidane for the lack of rotation especially considering if have some more option for certain position. Isco, Modric, Kroos, Marcelo and Ronaldo have all played in those last five game and considering how important they are to create chance and danger against opponent, its no suprise Real cannot seem to win game by outscoring their opposing. Their key player should propably be rested a lot more considering all the work they have achieved in the last 2 year. What more, it would give younger player a chance to play and a challenge to win game. Would also be a good motivation for the rest of the team as well in my sense. :(

I also cannot understand how Zidane refuse to go back to 4-3-3. I know it isn't the best formation to use Isco in but its certainly the best formation for Ronaldo!

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Isco works in a 4-3-3 if you put him on the wing. He floats to the center as an attacking midfielder, but that would mean you drop Bale from the lineup. One major problem is our lack of a striker. We literally have no goal-scoring striker on the team except Mayoral. If we had a striker, we could surround him with Ronaldo, Bale, Asensio, and Isco on the wings and it would be a fluid offense with a lot of movement.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Its not like real madrid's season is hopeless. They have just as high a chance of winning cl as any other team! Its not like psg is actually gonna win..

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Its not like psg is actually gonna win..

Against Real Madrid? The chances are PSG will win.