Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Real Madrid in trouble?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never been so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do you guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

Comments
liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^i wishhhhh

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

I dont think Madrid has a high chance of winning the CL either. Their squad is actually healthy, everyone is available to play but their still losing. They might go down with a fight against PSG, but their morale is just too low at this point.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@soccerBoss Other than the defeat against Tottenham at Wembley, Real haven't really shown any huge weakness in CL, I wouldn't underestimate them in that competition at least.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Emo but Spurs were the only real competition they had in CL so far. BVB was so damn weak. PSG is an elite team and they will be hungry to show up especially after what happened last season. As it currently stands, my money is with PSG, but you can never be 100% sure with football. Anything can happen.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@raimondo Pherhap, I give it to them 50-50. Impossible to tell who are gonna win cause those two side have such a different reality when they play in their league and when they play in europe. Its just not the same imo but for sure, PSG will have a great chance to realise something special this year. A victory for them would certainly help their claim to be favorite to win CL.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Yes. It is time to bench Ramos

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

LOL they’re closer to relegation than Barcelona hahaha

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@amir Damn, thats pretty savage. TBF, Barca is having the season of a lifetime and Real are having one of their worst in a while so it doesn't help. :U

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir Damn, thats pretty savage. TBF, Barca is having the season of a lifetime and Real are having one of their worst in while so it doesn't help. :U

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

They are going to fight to secure a good CL run and the place in the Champions League next season...and then who knows what will happen because they might spend like Man City or PSG and bring some insane new players.
This season they will not even remember in the long run, the total opposite of the last historical season that they will always remember.

It remains to be seen how will this affect their players for the World Cup, my bet is that they will be more rested and focused, while Barcelona players will be more tired and less focused.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Golazo, they can spend money, but who would they buy, i can only think of a few replacements for one of their players..... maybe hazard for Ronaldo

Pogba , Lewandowski? theres not a lot of options but that would be a good idea for another discussion, Realistic transfer targets for Real,

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Golefty I think nobody should underestimate the fact that most players dream of signing for Real Madrid, and their spending capabilities.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golefty @Golazo I guess its a question that Real actually need to sign rotation player. Its not about upgrading their team that much anymore, but it doesn't mean they cannot get more depth. They should however buy a striker (they got tons of option there that are better than Benzema) and also maybe a better CB.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Hazard could happen I think. It's certainly been teased for a few seasons now. Also, a forward who can score goals like Kane, Salah, or Icardi. For now, Asensio, Ceballos, Mayoral, and Llorente should be given more minutes in La Liga and Cup. It's almost like they don't exist for Zidane.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He’s feeling the pressure, and he’s probably feeling that from the fans. Though he screws himself over, that loss to Girona, Betis....

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I feel bad for Zidane, but he most likely will be fired if Madrid doesn't get through PSG.

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Yeah, they need to either get their crap together and start winning or they might as well set their sights on the summer...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Let Zidan stays and build his team, remotivate his players and drag through this season. You just cant be on top all the time

raimondo90 6 years ago

I don't know if Zidane is the right man for the job really. He did extremely well last two seasons but I feel it was mostly due to coming out on top based on having the best players at his disposal and in some cases a whole lot of luck.

His tactical flaws and his reluctance to actually make meaningful changes are starting to show. His sheer reputation as a legend can only get him so far but those player won't respect him just because of that. They've won just as much as him in terms of trophies. And we've seen players turn on coaches even when they just achieved the impossible (Leicester as an example).

Zidane will most likely remain tll the end of the season and then they will spend heavy to renovate the squad. After that bad results will lead to Zidane getting replaced early on.

raimondo90 6 years ago

Who is more at fault for Real Madrids crap season?

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

No comment !