Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Real Madrid in trouble?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never been so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do you guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Despite their last 2-1 win against Alaves, I can't help feeling Real season is in danger, the team doesn't score as many goal, their defense have never so exposed recently, they are also plagued with injury and ban. Even in their last game, it was actually one of the new recruit, Ceballos who saved them by scoring two... Can't help feeling this season is not going to go as smoothly as the last one. I just hope Perez don't try to sack Zidane or anything like that, it would break my heart. What do guys think about it all? Will this current poor form continue and if it does, will it lead them to spend more in the coming transfers windows?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't know if Zidane is the right man for the job really. He did extremely well last two seasons but I feel it was mostly due to coming out on top based on having the best players at his disposal and in some cases a whole lot of luck.

It takes a big manager to be able to keep Real Madrid stars in check and to create a good atmosphere among them, that's exactly why Zidane won so much in such a short time, he was the right person for the job.
Benitez for example didn't have that charisma and the players just simply rejected his way of work, while Zidane got respect almost instantly.

Zidane is still somewhat a new manager, it was unrealistic to expect what he has done so far and even so he is still bound to learn new things and also make mistakes.
If we were to imagine now and look at Real as a team where Zidane was to be totally incompetent and not suitable for the job, it would have been a sad story to tell...Imagine if Real had failed to win a big title, Zidane would have been fired and there wouldn't really be that next big manager in line to take his place since Real has been firing pretty much everyone, the club could have fallen apart for a much longer time...but instead the reality of that club is that their own legend kinda brought them back to the spotlight with those CL wins and titles, if someone was to have written a book about it before it had happened, I wouldn't buy it since it sounds like a real fairytale.

About luck, every team needs some luck thats football for you, Real Madrid created their own luck by having the correct mindset of a championship winning squad, that is often the difference from a winning and a losing team.
It's down to having this determination that could push 1 player which would automatically bring in new energy to the next 5 players and then suddenly Real Madrid scores in the last minute and takes 3 points from a game, that's basically how they won La Liga last season, they got away with it as they say, ofc I'm a bit harsh but I felt that sometimes they got 3 points even when they didn't really play so well.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Its complicated, Zidane should try to change thing, instead, he continue to repeat and try the same thing again and again. Should give younger player more chance and try to rotation the team more. Rest your key element in the league and use them only in CL instead. As for the player, they clearly lack motivation, Zidane should try to give them more competition for their spot.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

It was good to see Real do so well against Sociedad today but damn, they really need to work on their defending, if they take 2 against team like Real Sociedad so easily, I don't dare imagine how many they will take against the like of PSG. Hope they manage to fix their defensive problem asap. :(

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Barcelona still have a problem in defence.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi In their last six game, Barca have had 2 goal scored against them. In their last six game, Real have had 8 goal scored against them. I don't think its really as bad for Barca as it is for Real right now. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Barcelona have no problems in the defense. They've been good. And it is a major reason to why they are doing so well

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Yeah, if anything, they have been lacking in attack recently. :(

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Still worrying about whats gonna happen in champions league tho😳😳
And the attack isnt doing as good now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi Yeah, that what I just said. :P And I guess against Chelsea, its gonna be hard to not take any goal. Chelsea vs Barca will be match to watch for me in CL round of 16! Will be first time I see those 2 play against another. :D

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Just here to say Perez Out. Said it then. Saying it now. Will say it for life.

If this was a small team, I'd say blow it up. Now we gotta take it one step at a time and hopefully bring in a striker + CB in January.

The issue is bigger than "The Ronaldo Effect". Of course his departure hurt us like hell, but do you think we'd be in this situation if we made the right moves in the summer?

This Perez dude is cancer. Lotta people think bc we won four UCLs in 5 years then everything should be forgotten. Hell no. Although I love our period of success but you have to admit how inefficient we've been on the road to these trophies. Really not gonna list the reasons why I hate this dude, I've said it many times before. Honestly Madrid fans are fickle and its disgusting.

Sorry if my rant was all over the place, I didn't plan it through.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Madridista No problem dude, I get where you're coming from. I don't think Real reacted the way they should at CR7 and Zidane departure. Thats partly on Perez. To be sincere, its far from the only thing I got against the guy.

Anyway, I think its fair to say Real are still in trouble at this moment.

• History

@Madridista No problem dude, I get where you're coming from. I don't think Real reacted the way they should at CR7 and Zidane departure. Thats partly on Perez. To be sincere, its far from the only thing I got against the guy.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Very true.

Benz and especially Bale really failed to step up. They also fail to make the best out of Asensio,

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what trouble?enter image description here

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

With those players they will not only need to get a good deal from the bank... they will have to break in to the valves of the central bank

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

galaticos vol.3 incoming, it's madrid they have a spell of cooldown after each gen of galaticos before massive spending spree.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy XD If only.

@baldgenius Seem likely but if it happen they will need time to make the team glue together.

expertfootball11 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I pray that in winter we get a striker... our squad needs rejuvenation

• History

I pray that in winter we get a striker... our squad needs rejuvenilization

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@expertfootball Problem would be to find a club ready to sell or at least, a player desperate to move to a bigger club.