Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Italian opinion of Arsenal?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, I know this seem really weird and maybe its just me, but I seem to have realized over time on this site that there seem to be a certain emnity between fan from Italian team (mostly Juventus, Milan and Inter fan) and those from Arsenal? Am I crazy? Is it only because Arsenal is one of the most supported english club and it annoy them? Or is it because of results between Arsenal and Italian club in CL?

Anyway, tell me if you also remarked the same thing or if you think I'm exagerating the whole issue.

Comments
liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Or maybe arsenal are just disliked these days and certaim italian fans on footyroom whos names i wont mention are controversial enoigh to challenge.
As far as i remeber arsenal havent played any italian teams 🤔🤔🤔

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Lio Recently that is.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I haven't really seen it, but then again I haven't been here that long :p I haven't seen it outside of FR either, so it could be something particular of this forum.
You know what Emobot? You could do a social experiment where you travel to Italy and walk around the streets wearing an Arsenal shirt and see what people have to say about it. Then, if you get beat up, your video will go viral and you might make some nice money from that (: Just don't forget us all after you're a millionaire, and give me half for giving you the idea.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Italian people are more temperament than others, and usually they can have pretty biased or controversial opinions about anything they don't like. I personally haven't seen much hate around Arsenal here except trolling, then again I don't go on every highlights' comment section.

Although I would certainly dislike club with two of richest owners in English football, and couple multimillioners around the club, yet they still can't put in some money and their funds in transfer window is same as Everton's. I do feel bad for the banter they got after 10-2 and some of their losses.

@lio, actually Arsenal played Milan few years ago, I think it was 4-0 for Milan and in second leg 3-0 for Arsenal, overall nice matchup.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Probably Arsenal fans post their opinions and italian fans don't regard them much since their teams are bigger than Arsenal...

DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

I support Spurs and am Italian so i think I may be a little biased on this matter ;D

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@emo and croatian yep dont remember that game though!

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Juventus fans, where are you!?!?!?

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Are you referring to the troll Nerazurriforlife? he basically lived on here to troll spurs and "4rsenal" , maybe that is where you get this stereotype emo!? :P

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golefty Among other, pherhap, I also remember Kaka_CS and a few Juventus user. Anyway, maybe I'll try to find some comment to illustrate my point. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golefty Among other, pherhap, I also remember Kaka_CS and a few Juventus user. Thats why, maybe I'll try to find some comment to illustrate my point. :)

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Anyway here are a few comment on the game against Bayern:

From an AC Milan fan, the last part is most interesting:

Arsenal = Garbage + Overrated + Full of Excuses Team. Seeing how the bias media keeps supporting this team even though Bayern trashed them in the 1st leg game, I AM REALLY HAPPY THIS TRASHING HAPPENED AGAIN.

From the start of the game the paid off commentators keep mentioning "oh Arsenal were in trouble when Koscielny got out of the game, him being there now is a relief for the team". Koscielny then showed his true talent, pulling down Lewandowski instead of actually defending or going for a tackle. Freeekin Koscielny, Koscielny WHO? a mediocre garbage defender, he is no MALDINI or NESTA, and he can only pull down players in the penalty box.

I WAS NOT GOING TO SAY THIS BUT DID SO JUST CAUSE OF MEDIA PUPPETS ALWAYS SUPPORTING EPL TEAMS AND PULLING DOWN OTHER COUNTRY TEAMS.

From a Lazio fan which doesn't seem very fluent in english:

loose is loose. nothing else. looser.

Another AC Milan fan commentary:

The Refree was so bad and it was the same result home and away for bayern 5/1 and also the other match of real Madrid but finally Arsenal needs another changes not only wenger fired but also the cheif management of this club .... Arsenal = team of kids

Comment by Gonzi, you know, the Juventus fan who is from Argentina, I miss that guy:

cech and alexis havin a laff lol

Comment by another AC Milan fan, interesting comparison:

Just today, I've read Wenger sayin Arsenal is the best club in the world, they just need to get their heads together, starting with tonight's match against Bayern! Well done! What a pathetic team! The only one that's on the same level, with so many similarities, both in history, domestic,m internationally, the style of playing, the attitude, pretty much everything, it's as if they're twins - it's Roma! Both hadn't been champions for pretty much the same time (Roma since 01, Arsenal 03), both are playing offensive football, both are always in the Top 3 or 4 teams in the league, BUT NEVER CHAMPIONS, EACH SEASON THEY GET THEIR ASS KICKED IN EUROPE AT LEAST ONCE, and so on... Imagine, Wenger finally taking off at the end of this season, and takes Roma ('cause Spaletti is leaving too). Haha!

An Inter fan I will not pronounce the name but some of you might know:

This is freaking Disgrace ! 10-2 in total , 10 freaking 2. How can you consider Arsenal a top class team !???? when they play vs teams like Burnely you can see their class and dominance when they play vs teams like Bayern , they are total underdog ! Leicester would done better ......And it's clear that Sanchez is going to leave he just laughin every time Bayern scored , like we see in first half his team mates played very rare to him , and he have no desire to play , but yeah Sanchez deserves a better team than this JOKE.

Some more positive one:

From an AC Milan fan:

Arsenal did really well, the scores doesn't show it. But then that stupid red card killed them, killed the match.

From an Inter fan:

lmao what did they do to deserve this

From Juventus fan:

Red Card destroyed everything! Arsenal were superb in first half, it will be different if there was no red card! congrats Bayern..

So, all in all, its not as bad as I make it sound, but I feel like even most Bayern fan had more sympathy for Arsenal in general. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Anyway here are a few comment on the game against Bayern:

From an AC Milan fan, the last part is most interesting:

Arsenal = Garbage + Overrated + Full of Excuses Team. Seeing how the bias media keeps supporting this team even though Bayern trashed them in the 1st leg game, I AM REALLY HAPPY THIS TRASHING HAPPENED AGAIN.

From the start of the game the paid off commentators keep mentioning "oh Arsenal were in trouble when Koscielny got out of the game, him being there now is a relief for the team". Koscielny then showed his true talent, pulling down Lewandowski instead of actually defending or going for a tackle. Freeekin Koscielny, Koscielny WHO? a mediocre garbage defender, he is no MALDINI or NESTA, and he can only pull down players in the penalty box.

I WAS NOT GOING TO SAY THIS BUT DID SO JUST CAUSE OF MEDIA PUPPETS ALWAYS SUPPORTING EPL TEAMS AND PULLING DOWN OTHER COUNTRY TEAMS.

From a Lazio fan which doesn't seem very fluent:

loose is loose. nothing else. looser.

Another AC Milan fan commentary:

The Refree was so bad and it was the same result home and away for bayern 5/1 and also the other match of real Madrid but finally Arsenal needs another changes not only wenger fired but also the cheif management of this club .... Arsenal = team of kids

Comment by Gonzi, you know, the Juventus fan who is from Argentina, I miss that guy:

cech and alexis havin a laff lol

Comment by another AC Milan fan, interesting comparison:

Just today, I've read Wenger sayin Arsenal is the best club in the world, they just need to get their heads together, starting with tonight's match against Bayern! Well done! What a pathetic team! The only one that's on the same level, with so many similarities, both in history, domestic,m internationally, the style of playing, the attitude, pretty much everything, it's as if they're twins - it's Roma! Both hadn't been champions for pretty much the same time (Roma since 01, Arsenal 03), both are playing offensive football, both are always in the Top 3 or 4 teams in the league, BUT NEVER CHAMPIONS, EACH SEASON THEY GET THEIR ASS KICKED IN EUROPE AT LEAST ONCE, and so on... Imagine, Wenger finally taking off at the end of this season, and takes Roma ('cause Spaletti is leaving too). Haha!

An Inter fan I will not pronounce the name but some of you might know:

This is freaking Disgrace ! 10-2 in total , 10 freaking 2. How can you consider Arsenal a top class team !???? when they play vs teams like Burnely you can see their class and dominance when they play vs teams like Bayern , they are total underdog ! Leicester would done better ......And it's clear that Sanchez is going to leave he just laughin every time Bayern scored , like we see in first half his team mates played very rare to him , and he have no desire to play , but yeah Sanchez deserves a better team than this JOKE.

Some more positive one:

From an AC Milan fan:

Arsenal did really well, the scores doesn't show it. But then that stupid red card killed them, killed the match.

From an Inter fan:

lmao what did they do to deserve this

From Juventus fan:

Red Card destroyed everything! Arsenal were superb in first half, it will be different if there was no red card! congrats Bayern..

So, all in all, its not as bad as I make it sound, but I feel like even most Bayern fan had more sympathy for Arsenal in general. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You should open 100 different threads based on this same topic but just different clubs and fans >D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Maybe I will at one point. XD

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Why would Bayern fans be negative towards Arsenal at all? I think that's nice club ruined by horrendous board. History and tradition is there, I'd defo like to see them with early 2000s power atleast once again. Didn't hear much negative from other Bayern fans (maybe plastic ones are negative towards them).