Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Terry Retires
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

One of the best defenders to play the game. They don't make them like that anymore.

Thank you for everything JT. Captain. Leader. Legend.

It looks like he'll join Henry as assistant manager at Villa, although he has been linked with a role at Chelsea as well.

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

"My club career and heart will always belong to Chelsea, but I am grateful for my loan spell at Nottingham Forest in 1999, which was invaluable for my development as a young player.

One of the one I dont like but one I admire.

All the best Terry!

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

One of the best CBs I have seen, fantastic player.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

He took a lot of slack from the press, especially English press but he was a great leader and captain for Chelsea n England on the field. A quality CB.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

best centre back in premier league, great leader and tackler. I am afraid there won't be centerbacks like him anymore, modern games have evolved to require defenders and goalie to be comfortable in dribbling and participate in open play.

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

A True Legend & Warrior, enjoy the retirement Captain!

Hekasi 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 7 764

Captain. Leader. Legend..One of the best player that England has ever produced.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Lodatz Woah, chill out man. :U Even if a player did some controversila thing out of the field, it doesn't mean you can't respect them as player. Heck, even Maradona, the guy on your pic, was part of a lot of ugly controversy. You don't see me accusing you of anything.

As for Terry, its pretty sad but I'm ain't suprised, it was coming. Still will be sad to know he isn't playing anymore. Wish I would have seen him more in his prime. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Lodatz Woah, chill out man. :U Even if a player did some shit out of the field, it doesn't mean you can't respect them. Heck, even Maradona, the guy on your pic, was part of a lot of ugly controversy. You don't see me accusing you of anything.

@Lodatz Woah, chill out man. :U Even if a player did some controversila thing out of the field, it doesn't mean you can't respect them as player. Heck, even Maradona, the guy on your pic, was part of a lot of ugly controversy. You don't see me accusing you of anything.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Lodatz: please NO personal attack, take this as a warning plz

Kayoko 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Germany 3 419

imo overrated. Just like lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney, scholes, Cole, nevile; Ferdinand, etc none of them achieved anything with England. Heck even the likes of welback, cheek, rose, dier, pickford got further in the world cup than these so called world class players

And the reason why these English players won so many trophies was because of the other foreigners in their respected teams such as drogba, cech, Torres, Alonso, Ronaldo, tevez, vidic, evra were carrying them for so many years making it seem they're world class when they got exposed without them

• History

imo overrated. Justvlike lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney, scholes, Come, nevile; Ferdinand, etc none of them achieved anything with England. Heck even the likes of welback, cheek, rose, dier, pickfprd got further in the world cupthan these so called world class players

imo overrated. Just like lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney, scholes, Cole, nevile; Ferdinand, etc none of them achieved anything with England. Heck even the likes of welback, cheek, rose, dier, pickford got further in the world cup than these so called world class players

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@kayoko, rubbish statement, the old england team played brazil squad with roberto carlos, ronaldinho, ronaldo, rivaldo, italy squad with pirlo, delpierro, totti, cannavaro, france squad with zidane, henry, trezeguet, thuram, netherlands squad with van nistelrooy, davids, sneijder, robben. level of competition is different today. the only strong team from this world cup is france, belgium and croatia, which tells you how many nations have declined over the years. today's england team would have been no match for old italy and brazil NT.

Kayoko 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Germany 3 419

That's true but fact is a fact that this 2018 englsnd team achieved more than the old England. They got eliminated by a poor Portugal team in the euros and if they were as good as it was claimed they would have made at least 1 semi

• History

That's true but fact is a fact that this 2018 englsnd team achieved more than the old England. They got eliminated by a poor Portugal team in the euros and if they were as good as it was claimed they would have mad at least 1 semi

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Kayoko

1. That England team often failed due to poor management. On paper, they had 6-7 world class players.

2. The England team of 2018 had an extremely easy path to the semi-finals compared to the golden generation. It's not just about how far you get, but who you defeat in the process. (e.g. RM in 2016 had an extremely easy path to CL final, and barely scraped by a victory over AM, but doesn't mean that they were better than the RM teams of 2012 and 2015).

@Lodatz

I'm guessing your woman cheated on you with John Terry, huh?

• History

@Kayoko

1. That England team often failed due to poor management. On paper, they had 6-7 world class players.

2. The England team of 2018 had an extremely easy path to the semi-finals compared to the golden generation. It's not just about how far you get, but who you defeat in the process. (e.g. RM in 2016 had an extremely easy path to CL final, and barely scraped by a victory over AM, but doesn't mean that they were better than the RM teams of 2012 and 2015).
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Kayoko Even if you think JT was overated, its still doesn't change the fact that he was a key player for many year in the PL and that he marked a good number for people for what he did for Chelsea over the year. Now, I don't know about you, but I think he still deserve some respect as a footballer who played his heart out for so long and for only one of the top tier team. Legends don't alway need to be the best player around, they need to win over the fan, this is something Terry and many of the english player you named managed to do.

@Dynast All of our woman cheated on us at one point with John Terry, if you think its false, its just because you don't know it yet. :P