Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jose Mourinho to issue Roman Abramovich with secret Chelsea dossier
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

This Monday will be the day when Jose Mourinho slaps his dossier outlining Chelsea's summer comings and goings on the desk of owner Roman Abramovich.

Although tight-lipped about the contents of that report, the Blues' boss has dropped some big hints at what he wants to see at Chelsea next season.

That means new deals for John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole, a return for loanee Thibaut Courtois, and a swift exit from the club for Romelu Lukaku.

Eden Hazard, Oscar and Nemanja Matic are the players around which he plans to build next season's push for success.

“If you want to analyse the situation it's easy to analyse,” said the Chelsea manager.

“The team that won the trophies at Chelsea was a team with a certain structure, not just tactically by personality-point-of-view, and that team is over.

“It doesn't exist any more. Chelsea needs to build another team with some similarities to that one.

“Some of these boys are still here, but not many of them. And Chelsea are building their future.

“You could see this season that these people were important to give some stability, some experience to the team, but obviously they're not the players for the next 10 years. Those have to be the Hazards, Oscars, Matic... these young guys.”

On whether Terry, Lampard and Cole had played their last for Chelsea, he said: “I don't know. But I don't think so.”

And asked specifically about Lukaku, who has spent two years scoring for Everton and West Brom on loan Mourinho said: “It's something I don't feel comfortable to discuss with you because I haven't discussed it with the player or with my own club.

“I finish the season after Sunday. I've been doing a report for a long time. It's not something I'm going to do Monday or Tuesday, but I'll give it (the report) on Monday.”

Pushed on Courtois he said: “I made a decision. But I'm not the club. I'm the manager.

“I have an opinion. I informed the club about my opinion, not just a simple comment made in a corridor... I like to do things in a proper way, to be committed with my opinions, and I do that written always.

“So my final report will have, in detail, this kind of case which you can compare with Lukaku.”

The rest of us, meanwhile will have to wait all summer to see how the new Chelsea shapes up.

Mourinho added: “I think more and more and more, if windows are open until 31 August, people delay.

“They delay and react and wait and see what is happening with their own players. It's very difficult to do it early, especially before a World Cup.”