Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Juventus Signs Cristiano Ronaldo
quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Cristiano Ronaldo letter of goodbye

These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life. I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this hobby and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received. However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept transferring me. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me. They have been absolutely wonderful for 9 years. They have been 9 unique years. It has been an exciting time for me, full of consideration but also hard because Real Madrid is of a very high demand, but I know very well that I will never forget that I have enjoyed football here in a unique way. I have had fabulous teammates in the field and in the dressing room, I have felt the warmth of an incredible crowd and together we have won 3 Champions in a row and 4 Champions in 5 years. And with them also, on an individual level, I have the satisfaction of having won 4 Gold Balls and 3 Gold Boots. All during my time in this immense and extraordinary club. Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you: thanks to the club, the President, the directors, my colleagues, all the technicians, doctors, physios and incredible workers that make everything work and that are pending every detail tirelessly. Thank you infinitely once more to our fans and thanks also to Spanish Football. During these 9 exciting years I have had great players in front of me. My respect and my recognition for all of them. I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new cycle. I'm leaving but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabéu will continue to always feel as my own wherever I am.
Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium 9 years ago:
Hala Madrid!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yd

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He officially became the best ever Real Madrid player now after leaving as his records stand still, big historical moment.

Scored 10 goals vs Juve in CL, the most out of all so when you can't beat him you sign him.

In short:
9 years
438 games
451 goals
5 Ballon Dor
4 Champions league
2 La liga
2 Copa del Rey
2 Supercopa de España
2 Uefa Supercups

Best European player in football history just became the first one to play for Manchester United,Real Madrid and Juventus - the three most decorated teams in their respective leagues.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Best European player in football history just became the first one to play for Manchester United,Real Madrid and Juventus - the three most decorated teams in their respective leagues.

Sweet, didn't even realize that. Anyway, my real question is wether or not he will be able to bring his CL form to Juventus. Really would be interesting to see him win a CL with the old lady. :)

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Gonna be interesting to see how Italian football as a whole would benefit from his presence. The competition is just getting more and more one sided, the hype is starting to sour.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Juve can rest him even more than RM, they are gonna be scary next year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Exactly what I was thinking, he is gonna be extra fit for CL, thats for sure. :D

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Juventus will probably aim for CL next year then.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

My favorite team in Italy and I am not excited about this acquisition. Nothing against Ronaldo but I am not jazzed about picking him up.

Unless the Milan teams, Roma, or Napoli really push, Juve will take their league winning streak farther and farther.

Of course the goal is Champions League, so that will be interesting.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Of course the goal is Champions League, so that will be interesting.

Thats what this transfer is about really. People need to realize that. :P If Juve buyed CR7 only to win another Serie A, it would have been a really stupid move. Juventus are anything but stupid.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Bale is celebrating right now, and so Ramos and Ascensio... As surprising for me, im not happy about it, i used to see him in la liga its a big blow for the league....

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Bale and Ascensio, maybe, but why would Ramos celebrate? :U Doesn't change much for him unlike the other two.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

real madrid have to sign somebody. i'm expecting hazard, i don't know, something has to happen. maybe a spectacular bid for neymar. they were trash in the league, 17 point gap from the top of the table.....good luck winning a CL without ronaldo...

no hate, but i'm expecting a huge signing or 2

tiki_taka 6 years ago

They aren’t in good term for a while, plus Ramos is the best FK taker of Madrid people tends to forget it, and will also ask to shoot Pks. I just feel he won’t be against this decision, his answer at the end of CL final toward Ronaldo was a little sign. It’s been a while he doesn’t back his teammate... maybe it’s jealousy or a hidden think, maybe it will make place for a little spotlight to him. It’s just a sensation...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki I guess I see what your saying, to be fair, Ramos had a lot of player he was very close with through his career but CR7 isn't propably one of these. Still, Ramos is a madridista through and through and I'm sure he can put his love for the club above his ego to realize his beloved Real Madrid just got weaker, at least for the time being. He must be conflicted above the whole thing at the very least.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited

I would be happy if I was him, he back to back scored a late equalizer header in 2 CL finals being the hero seeing his teammate scoring a PK at 3-1 taking off his shirt and making headlines... Ramos has his fans, I know some since I got many Friends Madridista and actually both aren’t big friends but the captain and the striker share respect for the good of the team. I think everyone have mixed feelings not even the players or the Madridista, even liga fans. It’s and end of an era.
Let’s see if Perez manages to switch the cycle and get successful that quick, imo they will they have already Bale and Ascensio to step up and they can sign 1,2 or 3 quality players, loosing your striker is not like loosing your 10 or maestto. We lost Henry, Zlatan, Etoo, Neymar but it has nothing to do with loosing Xavi and now Iniesta...
Perez is no fool, if it was crucial for the club, he would have higher the wages...

United lost him in 2009, in 2011 they almost made the treble.
Actually he left on a high, mark of Legends, didn’t saw the bench like Casillas or Raul, and left lifting his third consecutive CL with Madrid with Zidane... leaving 100 mil to the club and more in term of wages budget.

I may trust Perez as much as I hate him lol.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I would be happy if I was him, he back to back scored a late equalizer header in 2 CL finals being the hero seeing his teammate scoring a PK at 3-1 taking off his shirt and making headlines... Ramos has his fans, I know some since I got many Friends Madridista and actually both aren’t big friends but the captain and the striker share respect for the good of the team. I think everyone have mixed feelings not even the players or the Madridista, even liga fans. It’s and end of an era.
Let’s see if Perez manages to switch the cycle and get successful that quick, imo they will they have already Bale and Ascensio to step up and they can sign 1,2 or 3 quality players, loosing your striker is not like loosing your 10 or maestto. We lost Henry, Zlatan, Etoo, Neymar but it has nothing to do with loosing Xavi and now Iniesta...
Perez is no fool, if it was crucial for the club, he would have higher the wages...

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

There is nobody that can replace Ronaldo that is a leader and scores 40-50 goals every season.
Hazard was their target even before Ronaldo left so he has nothing to do with it and he can't replace Ronaldo he never scored many goals.

The one player that was constant for a few seasons is Harry Kane but he won't leave Spurs.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

At least in your heart and your bed room wall :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

We are talking about the best scorer in the history of Real Madrid and the best European player of all time here, when he didn't show up there was nobody, nobody that could give the consistancy of carrying the team of Real Madrid.

Harry Kane is the 1 name that had consistancy over the years, other than him Mbappe as the biggest football talent in the last 30 years is there as a hope.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

crazy how psg has neymar and mbappe, 2 best young talents in world football. i can't imagine them staying much longer. especially mbappe...

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Gonzi do you think Juve should get Marcelo as well and sell Alex Sandro? Here in Mexico they are saying in shows that Marcelo can also join but I see Alex Sandro as a standard since he is much younger than Marcelo.

Also do you think that it would be a good move to sell Rugani? He is very young and talented, IMO it would be a mistake but I hear that Chelsea wants him.

IDK if Juve has any money left but if they sell Higuain or Mandzukic maybe there is enough money for 1 more midfielder to boost the creativity of Pjanic?

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

I don't want to sell anybody to be honest. alex sandro has been impressive for Juve. Marcelo isn't a player who i think would improve the squad (i know there will be commenters who oppose this). With chiellini and benatia over 30 and howedes gone, i don't see Juve selling rugani, in fact i think he will become a main stay in the starting 11. I wouldn't sell higuain. i want to see the higuain ronaldo partnership again (a;though it does seem like he is moving....hopefully not, he was the serie a goalscorer at one point and is still deadly in front of goal). I could see mandz moving for a big money move to mls or china. with Can coming in i think mid is covered. hopefully pjanic doesn't leave for barca. lol basically i don't want anyone to leave. mandz has been quality, he's the only one i would see going tbh