Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Koscielny Injury
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, I don't know if you heard or saw the injury for Koscielny today but it looked pretty bad, he wasn't to walk off of the pitch on his own. If this is a serious one, he could propably miss world cup, what do you guys think? Would that be a big blow for France?

Comments
Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

im gonna sound like (and probably be) a dick here, but injury to kos is a blessing in disguise for both arsenal and france. theres no obligation by the coaches to pick him and let other, much better CBs shine.

dont get me wrong, kos is good when hes good, but this season imagine it like hes a fifa player at his age, hes dropped like 10 points in all attributes

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

You may be right, I won't lie and say I watched enough of his performance to make an opinion on his form his season but its true the defense wasn't as good this season for Arsenal, so I wouldn't be suprised if he had indeed dropped in form. :(

Edit: Its nearly official, Koscielny will miss the World Cup, that mean we'll have Varane and Umtiti (or maybe Kimpembe instead of one of them) as CBs for France in WC. Wonder what its going to give, what do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You may be right, I won't lie and say I watched enough of his performance to make an opinion on his form his season but its true the defense wasn't as good this season for Arsenal, so I wouldn't be suprised if he had indeed dropped in form. :(

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Sad to see him in pain once again, but France is just fine. Koscielny was great CB in his days, and actually had pretty good longetivity knowing he was on painkillers every game for years. I hope he returns and gets the treatment he deserves, in Arsenal or somewhere else.

ATM Umtiti and Varane are better and they should start, even if Kos was fit.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

griezmann wouldn't even recommend him to deschamp. france national teams have had much better replacement that doesn't do self-headshot in the middle of the most important game of the season.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@baldgenius Pretty sure that was an earlier injury that he was toughing out. Whatever it was, something must have snapped when he started moving again. :(

@Croatian Wow, I didn't even knew that, just made a research and you are right, pretty terrible stuff, change my perspective on the player as a whole, for any other interested, here a link on reddit that speak of it.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

slightly aside from this, but just wanted to applaud costa for how he reacted to the injury. he immediately told his team to kick the ball out of play and made everyone aware of the injury. decent bhaviour from a player known for the opposite.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legend16 Well, Costa fight a lot on the pitch and is sometime dirty but he never striked me as someone who would hurt someone else on purpose, at least, not in a serious manner. For me, it make sense that he did what he did. Beside, he matured a lot as well in the two last year and certainly never was a bad human being to start with. But yeah, fairplay to him. :)

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Costa has many times tried to intentionally injure other players on the pitch... not sure what you are saying.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, pherhap you are right, but I don't remember that many time last season where he went out of his way to hurt a player. He might have done it before when he played in La Liga though, I will concede I have no idea.

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

@dynastian yeah but thats when he's playing, when you are on the football pitch, you become a different person, in costa's case he becomes a win-at-all-costs guy, like suarez, he knows his role, but do you really think hes so vicious as to want people to be hurt? footballers hate seeing others really badly injured like that because it always reminds them of their own frailty and it makes them scared

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Greatone

that seems a really fair assessment. +1