Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Leagues' influences on World Cup 2018, La Liga, EPL, Serie A, League 1, Bundesliga etc...
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

So WC ended, some very unexpected results. Some great stars and some lesser stars raised on occasions. These guys help to knock out big nation unexpectedly, keep them alive or win them games.

It's no surprise most of them are from the top 5 leagues. Spain was out early but doesnt mean La Liga contributes less, in fact they seem to have the biggest stars (who won more) playing there, then comes EPL...

Please base your votes on:

1. Number of players playing in the league that you know,
  2. Winning, carrying teams, goals or assists, key players in their respected teams.
  3. Style and worthy mention (media, praises etc..)

So, Which LEAGUE do you think have the most influences on teams who perform well, or on the winning side of the world cup?

Which league has the LEAST influences

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So WC ended, some very unexpected results. Some great stars and some lesser stars raised on occasions.

These guys help to knock out big nation unexpectedly, keep them alive or win them games.

It's no surprise most of them are from the top 5 leagues. Spain was out early but doesnt mean La Liga contributes less, in fact they seem to have the biggest stars (who won more) playing there, then comes EPL...

Which LEAGUE do you think have the most influences on teams who perform well, or on the winning side of the world cup?

So WC ended, some very unexpected results. Some great stars and some lesser stars raised on occasions.

These guys help to knock out big nation unexpectedly, keep them alive or win them games.

Which LEAGUE do you think have the most influences on teams who perform well, or on the winning side of the world cup?

So WC ended, some very unexpected results. Some great stars and some lesser stars raised on occasions. These guys help to knock out big nation unexpectedly, keep them alive or win them games.

2. Winning, carrying teams, goals or assists

2. Winning, carrying teams, goals or assists, key players in their respected teams.

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago

An example is France, the champ. Most their key players are playing in EPL or La Liga, same with Belgium.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am struggling to understand how La Liga has more votes than EPL and League 1. Majority of players that played well in this tournament and contributed best to their team aren't from La Liga.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

All of the English NT starter play in EPL.
Kante, Pogba, Loris, Giroud play in EPL.
Hazard, Courtois, Bats, Lukaku, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Kompany, Alderwereld and Vertonghen all play for EPL
So yeah, for me its obvious the English Premier League had an huge influence on the competition. After that, its La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A and finally Bundesliga.

• History

All of the English NT starter play in EPL.
Kante, Pogba, Loris, Giroud play in EPL.
Hazard, Courtois, Bats, Lukaku, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Kompany, Alderwereld and Vertonghen all play for EPL
So yeah, for its obvious the English Premier League had an huge influence on the competition. After that, its La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A and finally Bundesliga.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Marcus

Many of the key players of the WC were from La Liga. Modric, Varane, Pogba, Ronaldo, Umtiti, and Rakitic all had very good tournaments. Messi wasn't awful either.

Ligue 1 was really the surprise for me tbh. Pretty much all of PSG minus Draxler had excellent tournaments.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Serie A is only worth a mention because of the Croatian team, let's be frank. Overall, I think the EPL has made a good influence in the higher up finishers, but La Liga once again sealed it off as the biggest influencer.

• History

Serie A is only worth a mention because of the Croatian team, let's be frank. Overall, I think the EPL has made good influence in the higher up finishers, but La Liga once again sealed it off as the biggest influencer.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

looks like Epl and england national team will never get along. bundesliga has the best system for german national team, just the fact that their preparation and underestimation are letting the fans down. but an influence as a whole have to say premier league plays a big role.

ligue1, bundesliga and la liga give hopes to young generation, epl only gives chances to those who are already "proven"

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

If I list all best name then EPL has a bit more.

If I list all higher influences in a team, then La Liga has a bit more, although I have to say the case of Hazard, De Bruyn are very strong. But those players are in one or 2 teams... while La Liga spreads to South America too.

That's what I based my vote on

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Serie A is up there because of Croatia indeed but not only. Matuidi, Torreira, Kolarov, Mertens and Higuain are all up there as talented player from there.

Anyway, EPL and La Liga are obviously the most influential league with Ligue 1 following if only because of PSG player.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Pogba is La liga player? Ronaldo had a good tournament and ended in the first knockout round with bad performance.

La Liga just have to somehow always seem important.

@tuan what do you mean by high influencer? was the outcome positive and was it significant impact on the tournament? Quiet ambigious definition of having impact on the team. Neymar had impact on the team although he played average, he has dived as much as he could and worked hard to help Brazil.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Belgians actually played very similarly to a Bundesliga team: very fast-paced, up-and-down football with a lot of sprinting. Occasionally they slowed it down, but they played at the full pace you would expect a Bundesliga team to play at.

I think it was probably more of a 50-50 this year, as France and Croatia adopted the styles of EPL and La Liga, respectively.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Yeah, I see what you mean but I think tuan was more talking about where the player play.

@Sunflash True, why you list Pogba with the rest of La Liga player mate? :U

• History

@Dynastian Yeah, I see what you mean but I think tuan was more talking about the where the player play.

@Sunflash True, why you list Pogba with the rest of La Liga player mate? :U