Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Let's talk about Fulham.
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

So, as you propably all know by now, Fulham will be relegated next season, it was coming, but now, its official. Considering how much they spent, the player they managed to get and the different managers they had along the way, does this make sense to you? Do you think they should have done a better job? Were you expecting them to stay up? Share you're thought.

Comments
Gennady 5 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Honestly was expecting them to stay up of course after they've spend so much dough on players. They have 3-4 very very good players in my opinion, but shuffling of managers never works. Sacking of Ranieri after like 1 month was just stupid...

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Ranieri deserved his sacking, this is what I've gathered from Fulham fans anyways, because he was really clueless. I've never really rated Ranieri as a manager, his only true acheivements in his career was his Leicester season, and his Roma season where they got 2nd to Mourinho's Inter. He did decently at Monaco too, but with the money they've spent, a lot of managers could have done it too imo.

Some facts:

Fulham have played 14 games in 2019 in all competitions, and they have lost 13/14 of them, the only win they have got was against Brighton.

Jokanovic points: 5/36
Ranieri: 12/51
Parker: 0/15

To be fair to Parker, he has had 5 hard games to play, those games were really hard to win. The timing of Jokanovic's sack wasn't good, they just played good against Liverpool. I could see it happening though, because they've given the guy a load of money and honestly their defense is just garbage.. If I was the one choosing the next manager, I would have gone for Big Sam. He plays boring football, but you can't stay in the PL with a defense like that. I mean, we have scored 9 goals against them in 2 games. Until they get someone that knows how to drill a team, this is Fulham.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir Ranieri is clearly a hit or miss manager, he is either pretty good or rather meh.

Was pretty suprised to see them go down like that for sure myself. Don't think none of the three manager were the right man for the job personally and its rather suprising to see so many talented player and prospect fail to produce any kind of positive results. Wonder what will happen to the team next. Propably they will be forced to sell a lots of their player. :(

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sacking Ranieri after 1 month was stupid! I agree with above. I honestly expect more from them and stay up. Their board management is a mess to think that they can be this arrogant to fire world class level manager. Perhaps, we don’t know all the detail but I am sure they could have avoided dismissal.

Ranieri isn’t hit or miss, but simply old school. He requires high intensity work from his players and discipline. Leicester got very arrogant and let players off the hook with their poor preparation mood the season which resulted in their poor performance. Ranieri was just trying to be lax on them after winning the title but this is how it turned out. Now we Fulham they have same crap. There are great talents but no work ethics.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@amir

Tell me where exactly has he failed in Fulham? How was he incompetent? Aside from obvious poor results. It was his first month with the club. They didn’t even wait until Christmas like every normal club does so the manager just can go home happily celebrate it as well as watching EPL from the comfort of his couch lol

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

The owners let the management down, they could have hired bozo the clown as their manager and he wouldn't have saved them. Shambolic decision making from top. Feel for the fans as its a really nice stadium and club overall to go to.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley You've been there?

@Marcus Fair enough lad, I guess I can agree with you about Ranieri. He is still a manager I appreciate a lot.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Yes. The family friendly football club. FFC.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley How sweet, now, I feel even worse that they won't be in the pl next season. :(

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Marcus2011

Tell me where exactly has he failed in Fulham? How was he incompetent? Aside from obvious poor results. It was his first month with the club. They didn’t even wait until Christmas like every normal club does so the manager just can go home happily celebrate it as well as watching EPL from the comfort of his couch lol

He failed in a lot of departments tbh. He started well, but he ended up worse than Jokanovic, which was nearly impossible. He picked his lineups mainly because of experience rather than form, he made dumb substitutions, he thought it was a good idea to play the captain and probably best player Cairney out wide. In a must win game against Southampton, he dropped Sessegnon and played with Chambers, Anguissa and Mcdonald. He picked 3 defensive minded midfielders, and they still conceded twice, to a Southampton side that they should be trying to finish above

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

Weird, I thought this point of the season every club in relegation zone would ring big sam. Sad moment for fulham, looks like old teams like blackburn and portsmouth are gone for good