Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo both reach 600 career club goals!
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

In their previous games, Messi and Ronaldo simultaneously reached their 600th club goals! Ronaldo's goal vs. Inter was his 600th, and Messi's second goal vs. Liverpool was his 600th as well.

Here is the current list of men's footballers (according to Wikipedia) who have 600+ goals. This includes international and professional youth teams, so the numbers are higher for Messi and Ronaldo.

1. Josef Bican - 805 in 530
  2. Romario - 772 in 993
  3. Pele - 757 in 831
  4. Ferenc Puskas - 746 in 754
  5. Gerd Muller - 733 in 793
  6. Cristiano Ronaldo - 703 in 994
  7. Lionel Messi - 692 in 867

Ronaldo is 103 goals away from breaking Bican's record and is aged 34.
Messi is 114 goals away from breaking Bican's record and is soon to be aged 32.

How many goals do you think either will finish with?

Comments
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If City wins EPL and Liverpool or Spurs wins CL, does that make either one of them best team in the world?

How about if Chelsea or Arsenal wins Europa League and then trashes CL winner in SuperCup?

You man, determine best league by simple factor who ever performs well in CL, when I am telling you that EPL at times too competitive that I’m CL teams don’t perform to their best due to number of factors and main one is exhaustion or concentration on domestic league.

Case and point, Liverpool playing full team against Newcastle then playing Barcelona fully rested squad who played pretty much B team in La Liga. Spurs played on weekend with their full squad and lost while Ajax was playing some crappy team on Sunday. Both EPL teams played high intensity football during the weekend while their opponents in CL enjoyed light domestic games.

That is the difference. That is why I always said that EPLs growing financial power and intensity is good and bad. Good because it is getting more Competitive from top to bottom due to new financial streams for all the clubs, no one give an easy game to anyone because they have the quality to do so. It don’t matter when they play and what is at stake. Bad, because this puts a toll in European competitions.

Not mention along with EPL there is League and Fa cup, no winter break and super busy schedule with high intensity. Then these players go to their international teams. For example: most of the spurs players who had barely two weeks to rest before EPL started.

Like I have said for many years, it will only just get better and bigger for EPL. There is still big audience market to capture and after this European competition means more exposure and revenue opportunities not just for top clubs but for all English clubs.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Man has put everything into perspectives.

Ronaldo has played at Sporting, then United then Madrid and now Juventus. Messi one world class club and the club that is going through a renaissance in the past 15 years.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yawn...

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

thebaldgenius

If la liga top 4 played in epl, arsenal manutd and chelsea would be a midtable team

I respectfully disagree. Valencia are 5th and we beat them pretty comfortably, and United finished higher than them in the CL group.I know we've been crap lately in the league, but pretty much all the spainish teams have been inconsistent in the league, except Barca and Atletico.