Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Little suggestion for the likes and dislikes on the highlights and forum page
tawqir 6 years ago
Arsenal, Jamaica 4 548

The like and dislike system is kind of bland at the moment. You can only see whether a comment has been liked or disliked. However I got some improvements to it.

The first improvement is instead of just seeing if it's a positive comment or negative how about being able to see how many likes it has and how many dislikes it has which balances it out.

The second improvement is to have a list of all the users who liked or disliked the comment which would be kind of interesting.

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Edit: wait. You can't haha

The second improvement is to have a list of all the users who liked or disliked the comment which would be kind of interesting.

I second this. It will absolutely improve user interaction and keep members engaged with the forums/highlights.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I second this. It will absolutely improve user interaction and keep members engaged with the forums/highlights.

You can already see how many likes/dislikes you have in the highlight comments section.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I agree. Right now, there is no ownership to likes and dislikes, and if it was shown as who you are, you might think twice in how you go about your choices. Not that there needs to be any punishment for disliking something, but it would give an opportunity for those curious to discuss why.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

It's not a forum about political policies, why would you care who disliked your posts ?

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago

True, I don't see the reason why we should find out who dislikes our comments, but identifying those who have liked our comments can actually be a good change for all of us, particularly in the forums.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

As much as I like the idea, I believe it's not there for the good reason. We dont want to be all politically correct...

What does knowing who liked your comment have anything to do with political correctness?

• History

What does knowing who liked your comment have anything to do with politically correctness?

tawqir 6 years ago
Arsenal, Jamaica 4 548

I agree with @IHeart

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Say I am a good friend with Emo, I can't downvote his silly comments a lot :D:D:D. cuz Im a supportive bro in his mind :D

That's not being politically correct, tuann, that's just called being unconditionally supportive towards a friend.

But like I mentioned before, we shouldn't being back the downvote meter at all, but just a simple 'like' button in the forums that will indicate the commenter of who liked their comments. Plain and simple.

It works well with other forum sites, this site can benefit from it too.

• History

That's not being politically correct, tuann, that's just called being unconditionally supportive towards a friend.

But like I mentioned before, we shouldn't being back the downvote meter at all, just a simple 'like' button that will indicate the commenter of who liked their comments. Plain and simple.

But like I mentioned before, we shouldn't being back the downvote meter at all, but just a simple 'like' button that will indicate the commenter of who liked their comments. Plain and simple.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan What do you mean silly comment? :P And yeah, this idea isn't a bad one. Could also help to see who are serial disliker and give us some hint to us moderator. :)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

:D :D okay okay