Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool 4-3 Barcelona Post Match Talk
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Wow, what a tie. Winning without Firmino and Salah, and Barcelona blow a 3-0 lead two years in a row... thoughts?

Comments
raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Barca didn't have a good mentality. Liverpool fought for every single ball and they reaped their reward. That fourth goal is something you see in a Sunday league not a CL semi final. Prop on TAA and Origi.

Barca never showed they truly wanted it.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

About time a non Spanish team lifts the CL.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

Just a joke tbh. The last Origi goal as well, literally 8 year olds have higher awareness. Total shocker from Barca, I don't understand how they keep doing this in the UCL, you'd think Roma would've been a "never again" moment for them.

Credit to Klopp and co, but fuck me I hate this timeline.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Seems like Barca never got off the bus. They switched off big time. Credit Liverpool for showing up to play.

nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i will never doubt this team again.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Didn't see this coming especially not after Salah went out. A Liverpool win in this game wasn't a farfetched bet, but winning on aggregate is something else, on another level. Barca will need to do some soul-searching because these sudden collapses happens a bit too often in europe for them nowadays... I know just like PSG :)

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Wow oh wow, like I said on another thread, I have so many regret not watching this game thinking it was over. Amazing stuff from Alexander-Arnold. :U And yeah, Barca was caught completely unprepared on that final goal. Should have done better. Great success by the reds! YNWA indeed!

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Do you guys think that this game, was better than last months Man City vs Spurs 4-3 ? Dubbed, 'Game of This Century'

And BTW who was saying that you can't keep Barcelona A team scoreless. Virgil Van Dijk, Allison, Matip, Robertson, Trent AA take a bow!!

Ok ...take me now i've seen it all!

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

From a neutral standpoint I think this is one of the best CLs ever.

Im still speechless. I envy Liverpool and their fans. So much commitment and passion shown by both players and fans, its amazing. This is what true determination and faith can lead you to do.

Standing ovation from my part to Liverpool and everyone involved in this win.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@Ledley I think the Man City-Spurs game was better as both teams went out and played. Barca was just a zombie on the pitch today and only the comeback score was the true drama. Credit Liverpool for pushing it and for stepping up while missing some key players.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I was left speechless equally from both games. What a joy was to watch as neutral supporter, but perhaps in my case i was supporting Spurs and Liverpool more.

I can’t be unfair to both matches because they were equally amazing. It is hard to choose which one was better but Spurs were a bigger underdogs and went showed some amazing fearless football against opposition that can outrun you and outplay you with sheer superior quality. Not to mention Guardiola tactics of holding on to ball and going all out.

Yet, Liverpool also had to comeback against fully rested Barcelona without key players. Both are games of the century in my opinion.

P.S. this champions league has been by far best I have ever seen with so many upsets and amazing comebacks. Ajax’s deserves equal recognition. So if Ajax, Spurs or Liverpool wins the title, it will be truly deserved. I don’t see any undeserved side right now.

Ledley 5 years ago

Im still speechless. I envy Liverpool and their fans. So much commitment and passion shown by both players and fans, its amazing. This is what true determination and faith can lead you to do.

Standing ovation from my part to Liverpool and everyone involved in this win.

@Tuanis I agree. Standing ovation have you ever seen Barcelona surrender to their knees like that? I think even if it was 4-0, and Dembele scores in the first leg, I still think Liverpool would have gunned them down!

Credit Liverpool for pushing it and for stepping up while missing some key players.

@DarthFooty: In come the Liverpool B team. Origi and Shaqiri and Wijnaldum and no problem. Cant quite still believe it. If the Spurs v City game is 1st, this is very close for 2nd.

Ajax’s deserves equal recognition. So if Ajax, Spurs or Liverpool wins the title, it will be truly deserved. I don’t see any undeserved side right now.

If Ajax win, they will be the only team to be going for The Treble. :o

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

The bigger club with the least crybabies won. What a performance from Liverpool and their bench.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I have a mate who's a Liverpool fan waking me up this morning, screaming. Worst alarm ever to wake up to?

This is a night to remember for a long time, and I think Liverpool can actually win the CL this season. Imagine, Ajax and Liverpool in the finals. That would be a game worth watching. Will be interesting to see who they'll face, but my hopes are on Ajax now.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is the best game I have seen a club pulling in a come back in years given all the things around it.

That was a total tactical master class, a much better one than park the bus and hit on counter. This is a NIGHT OF FOOTBALL and what's football is all about! (no hate on Barca though).

Liverpool and Klop came to the game with a plan, different plan everytime. Barca with their quality squad almost play these kinds of game with the same/similar tactic + hope for Messi's brilliant. Messi wasn't in this game.

Alexander-Arnold, Origi on the wing and later sub of Wijnadum are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Barca can't cope with any of those. Got surprised every single attack.

Barca didn't play bad in the 1st half, but coward and clueless in the 2nd half... total disappointing. They should have finished the game multiple times. Messi's 2 through balls were

Barca didn't LEARN ANYTHING from the Roma embarrassing defeat..., and again, defend or protect the score has never been their strength...

I am so glad Liverpool made it through, I feel sad that I can't see Messi magic in another game, but they dont deserve it.

1st leg, until 75 mins, Liverpool was also better. I already said, Dembele, Vidal and Suarez missed might caused them the tie. :/

Ledley 5 years ago

Bravo Tuan. I agree, this was a win for football. Across the board. Well summarized.

Also the fact that Liverpool played very well at Nou Camp, with 52% possession!! And COULd and SHOULD have come away with that away goal..

Does anyone think that if Manchester City, had lost or drawn Vs Leiceister Yesterday then This result today would have been different? I was thinking about this afterwards today.

Pupper 5 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Barcelona 0-14 away from home against PSG, Juventus, Roma and Liverpool.. You would think they would have learned by now, but still you can't be surprised when they get knocked out the same way year after year.

Great comeback from Liverpool, and they truely deserved to advance to the final.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Best team over two legs won, no excuses.
Everything went wrong, 2 Jordi Alba mistakes costed two goals, Valverde line up and tactics during the game, late subs, that fourth goal, lack of fighting spirit, useless Coutinho, Anti Messi formula, Klopp master class, second leg at anfield... that was harsh to swallow...
Im okay with time wasting at the end and Mane diving, they did everything to get a result... and they got it. So congrats to them...

Sad for Messi, probably the most complete season I witnessed from a player in my life, over two legs he created like 15 sitters that nobody converted, was obliged to shoot from distance or make cha’ces For these bottlers, nothing went through...

2 perfect seasons ruined by one game again, time to sack Valverde and his coward tactics, Barca aren’t Juve or Atleti, we can’t keep a scoresheet unless we score, not Barca DNA... send him coach a team fighting for relegation...

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768
  1. List item

@Joze A chelsea fan wants to banter ? Lol
Say good guy to Hazard and Kante and maybe your sugar daddy...

Turned off my cellphone yesterday LOL my Madridista friends kept trolling me all the game :D it’s like a silverware win for them and they made me know your happiness, Barca will comeback stronger hopefully.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Joze A chelsea fan wants to banter ? Lol
Say good guy to Hazard and Kante and maybe your sugar daddy...

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

let's be real, the better team won, Barcelona was totally erased, in all aspects of the game.