Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man United next season (18/19). Attacking football?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mentioned he has no problem playing attacking football next season and he would.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mention he has no problem playing attacking football next season.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

Comments
serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

OK boys.
In my opinion:

1. You are overeacting. It's only first lost and every single team in PL will have it sooner or later. It's a shame that we lose so early in the season but shit happens.

2. All of you blaming Mourinho, but I didin't spot a single player in this squad that had good menatlity for this game. Everyone saying Martial > Sanchez. Well, when you are 3:1 behind and you are missing that strong character - Anthony (as much as i like this guy) can't do shit. We needed Alexis in this game, he is that kind of leader. He had bad first game, but trust me, with him on pitch we could have chance.

3. I think tactics are ok, we just need boost of confidence in this team. We have super young squad, and noone is able to take the game on their shoulder (like Carrick did or even Matic).

All in all let's wait and see, dont judge too fast. Hope that boys will get some points in next game and get going.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

+1, agreed with most points but history suggests why people should overreacting even though it's the first loss.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@serans: good points.

I think most of us are concerned due to the build up of the last seasons. And partly how things normally went in Mou's third season.

I agree Mou is not the one to blame for playes' mentality. Especially some of them. And I hate those too.

But Mou takes blames for tactic, the clueless in attack recently, and you gotta agree, he has failed to motivate some of those players.

I do think its too early to judge.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I didin't spot a single player in this squad that had good menatlity for this game.

Mou's problem in a nutshell, he seem he have a really hard time to motivate the players. Thats also part of his responsability. :(

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I hate Mourinho probably more than anyone else here but.. who else could take charge of the team now?
We are going to face 4-5 years of mediocre seasons with or without him, this is the sad truth. The squad is not as young or plain good to win anything. Lets just get rid of the main problem, that being the manager and Woodward, and rebuild slowly with a new coach that might not be as huge of a deal in football.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I don't get the zidane in hype, the club is not run like real madrid first of all. this situation at man utd is something, you never see when zidane is leading the team. the decision is already final once the contract extension is made. The fact is doesn't matter if the manager is wenger or tony pulis, man utd still needs a DEFENDER. looks like rojo and smalling is not the standard of mou, when he have been working with the likes of terry and pepe for years. the other reason why man utd concede vs brighton is nobody can replace matic, matic is like makelele or essien to mou meanwhile fred is a deep playmaker not a defensive tackling kante. that's why herrera should have started. sacking mou halfway thru this season is not going to change anything, even if the replacement is zidane with wenger as assistant.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Tuanis True, the problem is, who could possibly replace him? Maybe Giggs? After all, he was expected to take over the job after Van Gaal for a time. Laurent Blanc? He know the team a bit and is used to deal with big name player from his time at PSG. Zidane? He would bring back the motivation and the winning attitude but he has little link to the club. :( Otherwise, they could go for a national team manager or a former rival like Conte.

@baldgenius Wenger would propably never sign for another english team to be fair. As for Zidane, he would bring back good mentality to the player (which for me is biggest problem) but it would be hard to convince him to come I expect.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Tuanis True, the problem is, who could possibly replace him? Maybe Giggs? After all, he was expected to take over the job after Van Gaal for a time. Laurent Blanc? He know the team a bit and is used to deal with big name player from his time at PSG. Zidane? He would bring back the motivation and the winning attitude but he has little link to the club. :( Otherwise, they could go for a national team manager or a former rival like Conte.

@baldgenius Wenger would propably never sign for a english team to be fair. As for Zidane, he would bring back good mentality to the player (which for me is biggest problem) but it would be hard to convince him to come I expect.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I'm just gonna leave this here: enter image description here

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

No wonder, Jose would be sacked during Winter break.