Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur !!
DannyZeek 6 years ago Edited
5 31

OT will witness another brutal performance. TOTS as always ready to attack on thier prey, but do you guyz think Jose would leave his old-school tactics and play modern-day football tonight?

Thought !

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

OT will witness another brutal performance. TOTS as always ready to prey, but do you guyz think Jose would leave his old-school tactics and play modern-day football tonight?

Thought !

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, he only say that since the professor of economics aka wenger is gone.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Lol, and I thought Wenger post conferences pissed me off. No matter how shit things got with Wenger, he never put himself ahead of the club. Mourinho can make himself ‘look’ big, but when you lose 3 0 to Spurs on your turf following a defeat to Brighton, you have to worry for your teams future, rather than mention your great feat of bringing more PL Titles than some managers who haven’t even played 5 games there.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Difference was that Spurs finished their chances and defended way better meanwhile United had a comedy in their defense and in the attack.. You can blame it all on manager and you will be right but you should also blame players who simply can't perform or score. I am not sure how United still have Smalling, Jones, Shaw and Valencia in defense for all these years since SAF days haha come on, it was about time to let them go.

Cherry on top is that Fellaini is still considered as valuable player and that is sad! It is like if Mikel was still very valuable player for Chelsea . Mikel's role was simple get in as a sub in last 30-20 min and be a tree in front of the defense and clear everything that comes lol What does Feillaini adds? Sometimes better to offload them before they cost more than they should like we did with Bakayoku who is already costing Milan points. Top man :D

Most valuable football club with the most mediocre players bought for ridiculous fees. Someone is not doing a good job aside from Mourinho because he is not a manager. However, he probably needs to be gone.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus2011

and be a tree in front of the defense and clear everything that comes lol What does Feillaini adds?

Thats the thing, he is a tree, he just isn't really good at being one in front of the defense. But more seriously, Mou seem to use him as an extra body in the box when they are losing and they need a winning header.

• History

@Marcus2011

and be a tree in front of the defense and clear everything that comes lol What does Feillaini adds?

Thats the thing, he is a tree, he just isn't really good at being one in front of the defense.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

No, Fellaini is just a long tall skinny palm tree. Can't defend nor attack properly but yeah once in the while ball does gets stuck on top of his palm head.

You know i watched Caragher and Neville postmatch rant the other day, and they hit the spot with their analysis. United has been flip flopping with their strategies and old traditions. They spend more money but they want to keep old traditions. Later, they don't win anything so they spend more but then they don't back the manager during crucial time because they expect him use garbage and look into academy for fresh players then win titles with those players. They gave Mourinho extension in January. Why do you give a man who demands new players extension then don't give the transfer market budget by saying use the current squad??! That is stupid! Probably, owners are the one who are milking the cow and want to keep more revenue for themselves instead of reinvesting into club or they are just greedy morons that have no clue in football. Most likely both.

United brought Mourinho to win titles.Right? Mourinho wins titles and he did and he will more if you give the resources. No one can deny this because it is a fact that Mourinho with a full control of transfer market will always bring right players that he thinks are good and win titles. Negative football or positive it doesn't matter when Jose brings you at least 2 titles every year.

Meanwhile United's boardroom doesn't have a clue what to do when it comes to running the club on the pitch but they do know how to market it off the pitch so maybe it is time for Ed Woodward to STFU and mind his off the pitch business then let professional scouts, sporting directors and manager who they have hired to WIN TITLES to bring players he wants. Only time that dummy should step into transfer matters or managing is during discussion of transfer budget but even then he should already have a prepared budget in place which management team should spend however way they like it. That is how proper clubs are ran. United was ran like that sometime ago, I remember, before Glazers and Ed Woodward became lords of the club.

We had Roman constantly stepping in and then he realized that for him it is better to sit back let the proper specialized professionals do their job. We don't give managers power in transfer market but quick to blame them for poor season!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Fair point. Still think United should do better. I mean, last time they played Tottenham at old Trafford, they won 1-0 and a lot of the key player were the same.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@emo

Do you also remember how they played? They were mixture of defensive and offensive but mostly defensive football. This time they played full on offensive but couldn't finish chances. Then again, who has better players on paper? City has spend so much money on their defense clearly understanding that it doesn't matter how good your attacking players are when you defenders are average. They even got new goalkeeper which United doesn't need but defenders? Yes. Also, let us just think for a second that Tottenham can be 50/50 team at times but they can pull their weight against heavyweights easily when they are in the mood. So, there is your result when formidable team with good finishers take on Uniteds defense while their defense easily dealt with Uniteds attack who had way more shots and attacks than Spurs.

Mourinho deserves criticism but singling him out is completely being biased and ignorant to many other factors.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Also, I liked to point out that Mourinho always had those deadly strikers who finished half chances not even talking about full goal scoring chances like the ones Lukaku and United attacking players kept missing. Mourinho's team don't usually get so many chances to score that is why they were always deadly with few chances, yesterday i watched parade of premature football in front of the goal.

10 1583

speaking of finishing chances, if ronaldo would have gone back to man utd instead of juve, he would be the perfect hero 2.0.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Once you start attacking the media after a rift with the board .. it’s a sinking ship.

Anyway wasn’t this topic about Spurs?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Nah, it was about the game and its aftermath, considering the defeat, its normal that the discussion steared toward United and Mou. By the way, if we are to speak about Spurs, I would like to say I am very impressed with Lucas, he really was class in that game. Really happy to see him scoring in the PL.

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

@tiki_taka

I thought he understood how to shut the fire since his sacking, he didn’t he will end up loosing the dressing room if it’s not already the case...

POINT

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

Im really surprised by people blaming anything in this game on Mourinho. It was nearly perfect tactic. In first half Tottenham was lost, we dominated game, we played super agressive etc. In second half it seems that the trend will continue and then perfect Trippier assists and inch perfect finish by Kane, followed by Herrera mistake (he had such a good game, but this one mistake will make everyone go mad..)

Mourinho shown that he can adapt, that he can play agressive and attractive football.

We needed Lukaku or anyone to finish one or two chances thats all (Lloris had great game btw). Matic felt rusty, Pogba was awful, Lukaku should have scored but rest of the team was great or even top class (Shaw is wild and Fred is looking sharp!).

It was unfair result, but thats our finishing skills fault, not Mourinho and not tactics. It is a happy-sad feeling where i can see we playing good but we are just out of luck.

10 1583

herrera playing right center back perfect tactic? lol not even nearly, its as creative as wenger playing bellerin as a left wingback. but I agree too much blame on mourinho too this time.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Does Jones or Smalling strike you as better last man standing CB? Wenger trying to play Bellerin as left wingback was a good attempt to exploit his potential. It worked for us with Azpilcueta who is naturally a right back but was converted into left back where he became as one of the best wingbacks in the world.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@serans Good point, question is, will Mou try that kind of tactic again with such results? :(

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

jones or smalling is not comfortable on playing as a 3 and herrera is never a center back. good attempt to experiment on a game VS liverpool? come on no manager should pull of that kind of nonsense in big games especially against big 6. mou's not everything to blame here but that doesn't mean his tactic is spot on.

• History

jones or smalling is not comfortable on playing as a 3 and herrera is never a center back. good attempt to experiment on a game VS liverpool? come on no manager should pull of that kind of nonsense in big games especially against big 6

serans 6 years ago

@Emobot7 Mourinho knows that he couldn't do anything better. He knows that if finish one of our chances we would win. Depends one the rival he will play diffrent tactic. I would say against Burnley he will play safer, 4 in the back.

@the_bald_genius Why blaming Herrera so much, he did one mistake really. Tactics and formation were great, players let us down.

10 1583

@serans not blaming herrera here, but why play him in uncomfortable position. and out of 38 games to experiment, mou chose spurs. come on, the tactics are not perfect. I bet mou will never ever play herrera as cb again, I had never seen someone so uncomfortable since bellerin swap wing. the players are a let down as much as the tactics.

serans 6 years ago

First of all, Herrera was more of false CB, he made a lot of runs forward.
Second of all, the whole point of that kind of tactics is the element of surprise. We lost to Brighton 3:2 with 4-4-2, we needed to change something against big club. Playing 4-4-2 again would be silly.
And lastly, Herrera didn't seem uncomfortable, he made some great interventions (blocking Alli shot for example).