Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mariano
Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I'm really starting to wish we kept Mariano.

On the evidence of the first two games at Lyon, he's making Lacazette a distant history. One that Lyon fans will not be missing at all. He's really doing fantastic. I'm so proud of him, but on the other hand, I do recall that every time he did show up for Real Madrid - he had done fantastic here as well.

Sure, he's not young like some other academy graduates. He's 24 but he could be a late bloomer that blossoms into one of the best strikers in the game.

How many players in the world right now could replace Lacazette and not have his presence missed at all?

I really wish we kept him. Could've been a great sub for Benzema, especially since we let Morata leave.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ayyyyy you're not dead

Yvan21 7 years ago Edited
0 440

Yea, agreed. We messed up by letting go of Morata and Mariano at the same time. Now we only have Borja Mayoral as a central forward sub, and it doesn't seem like the club wants to buy another striker. Bale is injured more than half the season, Benzema is not a prolific scorer, and Ronaldo will need to rest this season like last one, so we'll see how it works. But, I would want another striker before the end of the transfer window to be safe.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yea, agreed. We messed up by letting go of Morata and Mariano at the same time. Now we only have Borja Mayoral as a central forward sub, and it doesn't seem like the club wants to but another striker. Bale is injured more than half the season, Benzema is not a prolific scorer, and Ronaldo will need to rest this season like last one, so we'll see how it works. But, I would want another striker before the end of the transfer window to be safe.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Amer Yes! Your still here mate, been too long. ;D Anyway, I agree with you, also noticed how Mariano did since he joined Lyon and I must say I was impressed, he is brillant from what I seen. Really think he would have been a better back up than Mayoral. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

It's not that hard to find someone for Real Madrid on the level with Mariano. But I would've been happy to see him playing for Madrid that Lyon.

• History

It's not that hard to find someone for Real Madrid on the level with Mariano. But I would be happy to see him playing for Madrid that Lyon.

It's not that hard to find someone for Real Madrid on the level with Mariano. But I would've been be happy to see him playing for Madrid that Lyon.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

On the bright side, he's got a buy-back clause. So Madrid will make use of it for sure if he keeps on scoring like this

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

And then we'll sell him to Chelsea for 70 million.

This is going to be Alvaro Morata all over again.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

I hope not, Benzema has needed a good sub since the days of Higuain. It really seems like Zidane has taken Benzema under his wing and will play him as long as he's fit.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

But more seriously, if we forget Benz, can anyone other than Ronaldo and Bale even play as CF? I mean, I know they do for their national team at time but do you have anyone else other than Benzema?

Amerr30 7 years ago

We do have Mayoral but I don't think he's quite the talent that Mariano is at the moment.

I believe the fact that we didn't make a move for an out and out number is 9 is due to the evolution of Ronaldo. Most of you know that in recent seasons, he is playing more and more centrally. He may have lost his explosiveness that made him such a threat from the wing but he's still got the talent and intelligence to be a killer poacher in the box. That is why we didn't make a move for a striker.

I don't know how many of you paid attention to this but Ronaldo, in el classico, was subbed on for Benzema. It's a minor little detail that I think says a lot about Zidane's planning. With Isco and Asensio coming into their own, we can easily move CR to play as a striker. Either alone, or to partner up Benzema in a 4-4-2, which I think may be our best formation. I don't know how Zidane will manage this but he needs to give Asensio minutes, as he deserves it more than Bale at the moment. Isco is already an undisputed starter. He better not take him off.

Imagine: Asensio on the left, CR in the center, and Isco on the right. I would give them freedom to move around as much as they want, with Isco behind Ronaldo and Asensio or possibly even Benzema. Them followed by Modric, Kroos and behind them Casemiro.

We don't even need Bale, who has been so injury prone that the team learned to get on without him. And it's come to this now, that we do not need him. In time Kovacic will replace Modric, who has been just sensational last night. He's not the same type of a player that Modric is, surely. He depends on his stamina and energy while Modric depends on his talent and intelligence. Different players who get the job done in different ways but both are fundamental to Real.

Sorry for going off topic but I just wanted to point out that CR is turning into a central striker and we already have his position covered with amazing young talent that is Asensio.

Thank you all for the warm welcome but really, it's unnecessary. I will never as active as I once was. I will post like this, once in a while. Never leaving, thus not needing the welcome back party. Though still appreciated, nonetheless.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Amerr Isco on a wing, Asensio on the other and Lucas Vazquez as back up if any of the two are injured. Ronaldo and Benz as CF, rotationing depending on the game and their form. Yeah, gotta say I would likt that, think it could go well for Madrid. :)

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Agree with Amerr and Emo. I think we have to stop playing Bale, Benz, and Cristiano together on the big games. And rather go for a 4-3-1-2 with Isco being the linkup between mid and the two strikers (any combination of Bale, Benz, and Cristiano). And we can switch it to a 4-3-2-1 with one striker up front and Isco and Asensio behind him.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

8 goals in 10 games for Lyon. I gotta say, when I first saw this guy, I saw him as a very average striker, even to the point of being a massive downgrade to Lacazette, but he's doing his job. Very strong performances lately like the one against Monaco.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He is good but talking with Lyon fans they say he lacks some game IQ and sometimes is too selfish. Never watched him in Madrid but few games I saw of him in Lyon he is scoring which is most important, even tho I think it is true he is sometimes wasteful.

Anyone who stops to watch Lyon should take a look at Aouar, honestly man is incredible. 19 year old CAM/winger who was put to play as CDM, was amongst best players, ridiculously intelligent for his age and fantastic dribbler, passer and worker. I already love him.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Yea, I noticed sometimes that he tries to play on his own too. As for Aouar, I will surely get a closer look at him.

Amerr30 6 years ago

Some sources are both parties (Mariano and Real Madrid) are interested in a reunion.

Only if he's willing to accept a back-up position, if you ask me.

Thoughts?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Amerr30 You should have cough up the money to get M'bappe when you could imo. :( But still, Diaz could be a decent backup, thought I doubt Lyon are going to let him leave easily.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Impressed with Lyon so far.

------------------Lopes-----------------
Tete-Marcelo-Diakhaby-Marcal
----Tousart-Ndombele/Aouar----
--------Traore-Fekir-Depay--------
------------Mariano Diaz------------

Strong first eleven but lacks depth, especially at centerbacks because Yanga-Mbiwa and Morel are average at most. Fullbacks are good Tete/Rafael on right side (Tete is more defensive but great cross) and Marcal/Mendy (both of them fantastic overall). Don't need to spare words on their midfield and attack.

There is still a bunch of talents that will get some playtime:

Pape Cheickh Diop - central midfielder who was close to Spurs this summer, came from Celta for about €10mil if I remember correctly. Physically built b2b from what I've heard. Hasn't played much.
Myziane Maolida - scored few goals but still hasn't broke into first team like Aouar did. Maolida is striker and you really can't expect Mariano to be dropped at this point.
Amine Gouri - youth academy star, best French U17 player with PSG's midfielder Adli, he is striker so situation is maybe a bit complicated for him.
Willem Geubbels - scored as a 15 (!) year old over the summer. Winger or forward. Lyon rejected €8mil from Bayern this summer for him.

Come to think about it, I haven't seen any Lyon fan here? Atleast I think so?

• History

Impressed with Lyon so far.

------------------Lopes-----------------
Tete-Marcelo-Diakhaby-Marcal
----Tousart-Ndombele/Aouar----
--------Traore-Fekir-Depay--------
------------Mariano Diaz------------

Strong first eleven but lacks depth, especially at centerbacks because Yanga-Mbiwa and Morel are average at most. Fullbacks are good Tete/Rafael on right side (Tete is more defensive but great cross) and Marcal/Mendy (both of them fantastic overall). Don't need to spare words on their midfield and attack.

There is still a bunch of talents that will get some playtime:

Pape Cheickh Diop - central midfielder who was close to Spurs this summer, came from Celta for about €10mil if I remember correctly. Physically built b2b from what I've heard. Hasn't played much.
Myziane Maolida - scored few goals but still hasn't broke into first team like Aouar did. Maolida is striker and you really can't expect Mariano to be dropped at this point.
Amine Gouri - youth academy star, best French U17 player with PSG's midfielder Adli, he is striker so situation is maybe a bit complicated for him.
Willem Geubbels - scored as a 15 (!) year old over the summer. Winger or forward. Lyon rejected €8mil from Bayern this summer for him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Croatian Well, not recently, thats for sure but I do think there used to be one on the highlight at one point. Its too bad though cause Lyone is a really good side, wouldn't seeing more supporter of the team. :)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Amerr Well at the moment Mariano is a much better striker than Benzema, but if we do get him back then he'll prob. be a back up because Zidane is never going to bench Benzema.
Madrid does have preference over other clubs for the signing of Mariano because that was part of the deal with Lyon. This means that as long as Madrid matches up the highest offer they'll be ones to sign him.
Going a bit out of topic here, but I think next summer it's time to renew Madrid's offensive third. I'm talking about selling Benzema and Bale who spends more time injured than actually playing. Madrid hasn't made a big signing in a while now and have instead looked for signings to reinforce the bench or young promising players. I think that needs to change this next summer window and most likely will if things keep going the way they are at the moment.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Yvan21 Tbf I think you might target a player or two as soon as the winter window, it could be quite interesting. After all, Perez need to make some move to reassure the fan. Madrid making transfer is alway interesting can't wait to see what happen. :D