Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Match Previews on Footyroom
shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Hi there Footyroom, i'd like to know on what are based the order and visibility of match previews and match highlights. Many times happens, 99,9% of the times happens, that very interesting previews are hidden, or highlights visibility twisted, always in favour of EPL matches. How is that? For example on this weekend, wouldn't be appropriate to post Villareal-Real Madrid in one of the 3 previews in the homepage? Much more interesting than MU vs "Crystal Palace". Also, there's also Inter vs Juventus in the Serie A, isn't that interesting enough to deserve a spot in the previews?

Comments
Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Because there are more Premier League fans than other league fans here?

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Is there a way to submit Preview material? Personally I'd be interested in the Inter vs Juventus preview, but it may be that the FootyRoom crew don;t have anyone knowledgeable enough about that fixture to write one?

Even if there's no official means to submit one, I reckon a Preview thread on the forum, if you wanted to write one, would be awesome. People have written them before, such as knibis for some Spanish games.

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

everton vs chelsea is far much important than manu vs c palace

shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Heisingburg: i was expecting that kind of reply :D
Point is, Footyroom in my opinion is great because gives you the possibility to know and learn about various leagues. Even if my main focus is Serie A, sometimes i watched other leagues matches because Footyroom reminded me about it. I think Footyroom is also about making people discover the beauty of a variety of football cultures. If today there was *random example* BvB-Wolfsburg and Footyroom would give visibility to it, i'd be all like: - holy sh*t gotta watch dat-. If Footyroom wouldn't give visibility, i'd miss the thing.

Would be cool when in the preview there would be the most decisive matches of the main leagues, and in the homepage the very-very-most decisive ones -------> Inter-Juventus for example.

@Lodatz: those are very nice ideas, crowdsourced march previews or even postmatch peculiar facts.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@shpalman, yes, I totally understand your perspective of things, but I guess FootyRoom primarily focuses on the quantity of fans rather than the quality of games. One of my mates is Italian, and he's a massive Serie A fan, but I wouldn't imagine him being attracted to this site if he can't see any big game preview thumbnails (especially if it's Serie A) on the homepage, giving him the impression that some leagues are as appreciated as the others in this site. You have my sympathy!

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

Yeah I was surprised when I didn't see the Inter vs Juve game! This game is way more important than any other game this week.

shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Heisinburg: I see your point sir! ; )

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

so Saints vs West ham gets a preview but not game like Betis - Valencia, Leverkusen - Wolfsburg, Dortmund - Hamburg, Inter - Juventus, Sampdoria - Genoa, Mainz - Shalke, Bayern - Hannover, Bordeaux - PSG and Toulose - Marseille..... dafuq?