Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mbappe - world best? what is next?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mbappe better than Henry at same age. Said the France's coach.

And

He's the world best now.

Now's that is not so far from the truth looking at the last world cup.

I personally think this kid has the biggest potential in the world right now. But somehow, Im not the big fan nor a believable in the overall skills that he has. Let's all agree that he's a beast, strong, has the composure in front of the game and very mature for his age.

But I'm more on the side seeing him as a beast, strong machine, young and technical... will be in top 10, but will not reach the like of Ronaldo or Messi. I can be dead wrong since he's only 19, and already played a vital role in the World Champ.

1 thing I see now, is the freakin Media is on the way to ruin him. Whoever is his coach should protect this world's asset from those craps.

To reach the level of Messi and Ronaldo, have some amzing years is not enough, consistently on top level is gonna be real hard

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Mbappe better than Henry at same age. Said the France's coach.

And

He's the world best now.

Now's that is not so far from the truth looking at the last world cup. And

I personally think this kid has the biggest potential in the world right now. But somehow, Im not the big fan nor a believable in the overall skills that he has. Let's all agree that he's a beast, strong, has the composure in front of the game and very mature for his age.

But I'm more on the side seeing him as a beast, strong machine, young and technical... will be in top 10, but will not reach the like of Ronaldo or Messi. I can be dead wrong since he's only 19, and already played a vital role in the World Champ.

1 thing I see now, is the freakin Media is on the way to ruin him. Whoever is his coach should protect this world's asset from those craps.

To reach the level of Messi and Ronaldo, have some amzing years is not enough, consistently on top level is gonna be real hard

enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

He will need to surround himself with very good and wise person to help him stay on the ground, I really fear he might end up being influenced by others player and the media around him, let too much of that stuff goes those his head. At 19, you're still pretty easy to influence so he anything could happen. For me, he is definetly be considered a future world beater but he got some way to go and its hard to know for sure wether or not he will reach the same level as of talent of Messi and Ronaldo and their consistency. Will be rooting for him thats for sure but I wish the media would put less pressure on him. Kid got plenty of time to become the best there is.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He genuinely has more potential than any other player in a while, and he is quite special and he develops at right pace. Although I think his club season wasn't so impressive as his Monaco season, his role in France's WC victory is huge, so gotta give him credit for that. I think that he can't work perfectly in every system or position, but thing I noticed is how scared of him are opponents. He is 19 and so hungry for success, most defenders probably think they are going to lose duel against him even before he gets the ball. So he draws a lot of fouls and opens huge space which is then used by other players.

But I see bit of recency bias too, IMO he was at same level as Henry was in '98 WC (similarly they both played RW). Might need to hear opinions of someone older, since I didn't watch so much matches of that time compared to probably a lot of other people.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

When he starts banging in 50 goals a season then we can say he's the best player in the world. That is honestly the standard that Ronaldo and Messi have set, at least for attackers anyway.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ you can’t do that unless you have the key role in a monster team, which he hasn’t. Neymar and Cavani won’t make his stats increase that much just like Coutinho or Ascensio.
But both Messi and Ronaldo had to work for other players before earning the main spot.

The youngster is intelligent, he speaks really well and very mature mentally. Looks like more to el Phenomeno. Stats have more importance than they should, Palmares and impact are what matters most. If he makes PSG win, no matter who scores, even if Neymar gets the spotlight I think people should value the impact...

Bad point : his mentor is Neymar, he needs one to step up but I fear that he will copy also Neymar negative things...

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He is already going down the Neymar path with the theatrics and diving... it is yet to be seen if he can ever reach the consistency of Cristiano and Messi.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

you can't be the world's best playing in ligue 1...same goes for neymar. will he reach cr7 and messi consistency? not a chance. does he have a world cup? yea. what does that mean exactly? dunno, we'll have to wait and see.

i think he'll be a great player, like thierry henry.

what's next? i'd say stay in ligue 1, beast mode it, overshadow neymar, leave psg in a spectacular fashion to real madrid or barca. and that's that.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@tiki

Being on a team with any of Zlatan/Eto/Suarez/Neymar didn't hurt Messi's productivity. Ditto Ronaldo and Higuian/Benzema/Bale/James or Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez.

Neymar and Cavani are very good but they're equal to or hardly better than the players Ronaldo and Messi were playing with at that age. Certainly Messi was lighting the world on fire when he was 19 and Ronaldo took a bit longer but became that 50+ goal a season player in his very early 20's while playing in Mbappe's current PSG position (albeit deeper).

If there's one thing we should all take notice of in Mbappe's or even Neymar's development into elite level players it is just how stupidly good Ronaldo and Messi have been.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I rate him so highly, I literally just voted him to be the best behind Ronaldo and Messi. I can't really describe it, but I haven't seen anyone so natural with the ball since I laid my eyes on Messi in 2006.

But yes, as others have already highlighted, being on spotlight at such an age is worrying for any young players. Neymar is not the right mentor for him to follow, obviously. I sort of wish he can play with Ronaldo instead, who has experienced everything and is well deserved of being called the GOAT.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART I agree with you about Ronaldo, Messi doesn't strike as the guy who goes out of his way to mentor another player. Certainly didn't help Neymar grow out of his diva attitude anyway.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mbappe officially IS the biggest talent in football in the last 40 years at least if not even more.
His body and skill is unreal for a 19 year old and he already is right behind Pele (GOAT) in terms of World Cup performance.
The boy has it all and is a World Champion, number 10 for France, still not the best player in the world but in terms of talent and potential nobody comes close, in 10 years we will be able to discuss more after we see how he developed and how he performed.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

With the right system and formation. He is unplayable.

It's no doubt an incredible achievement he has earned at this age. Absolutely. The guy is a beast, and so mature at his age in front of the goal.

@croatian & @Sun: dont' think he's at that level yet, Im looking at the long football life of those legends. Indeed, the level of the 2 is ridiculous.

@tiki: he will be from now on, only big team can afford him and he will only go for trophy winning teams with big project and ambition.

@Dyn: that's exactly the problem I fear, beside like everyone said, Neymar isn't the best tutor for him. @Emo is right, I think playing next to Ronaldo would be better for him. not sure if Messi is much less influencing, but Ronaldo is more suitable for Mbappe style.

@Golazo: he is the biggest talent now arguably. I wouldn't go as far as calling him in the last 40 years. Look at those solos from all the big wonder kids, and Mbappe. Mbappe still needs space and depend on speed. His passing vision isn't that impressed yet.

The thing is, as convinced as I am on how good he is, he has a long season and occasionally impressed everyone, he already started out crazy. While I remember exactly how Ronaldo was and Messi was, the incredible WOW factor all year long... Do check the early goals, solos from the 2 in the early days then you might realize Mbappe aren't there.

May be Im too spoiled :(

• History

It's no doubt an incredible achievement he has earned at this age. Absolutely. The guy is a beast, and so mature at his age in front of the goal.

@croatian & @Sun: dont' think he's at that level yet, Im looking at the long football life of those legends. Indeed, the level of the 2 is ridiculous.

@tiki: he will be from now on, only big team can afford him and he will only go for trophy winning teams with big project and ambition.

@Dyn: that's exactly the problem I fear, beside like everyone said, Neymar isn't the best tutor for him. @Emo is right, I think playing next to Ronaldo would be better for him. not sure if Messi is much less influencing, but Ronaldo is more suitable for Mbappe style.

The thing is, as convinced as I am on how good he is, he has a long season and occasionally impressed everyone, he already started out crazy. While I remember exactly how Ronaldo was and Messi was, the incredible WOW factor all year long... Do check the early goals, solos from the 2 in the early days then you might realize Mbappe aren't there.

Golazo: he is the biggest talent now arguably. I wouldn't go as far as calling him in the last 40 years. Look at those solos from all the big wonder kids, and Mbappe. Mbappe still needs space and depend on speed. His passing vision isn't that impressed yet.

The votes also a lot of fair: almost equal in the 3 choices that's most relevant to him IMO. Then I think lots of people would agree with me on the contradict

• History

The votes also a lot of fair: almost equal in the 3 choices that's most relevant to him IMO.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

in 10 years we will be able to discuss more after we see how he developed and how he performed.

True that, though I hope we won't have to wait that long.

@thebaldgenius Indeed.

@tuan Maybe you are a bit spoiled at this point but after having Messi and Ronaldo for so long, its hard not too be. ;)

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Neymar will ruin this guy's career at Real Madrid. If not, this guy is set and ready

Mbappe goals at 19: 55
Messi goals at 19: 15

Amazing talent he really is. I can see him and Jesus being really big players in the future.

• History

Neymar will ruin this guy's career at Real Madrid. If not, this guy is set and ready

Mbappe goals at 19: 55
Messi goals at 19:

Amazing talent he really is. I can see him and Jesus being really big players in the future.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Jesus, as in Gabriel Jesus? Didn't really got a World Cup on the same level as M'bappe, thats all I can say.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

True, he really didn't do that good. I think he still has a lot of potential though. With Aguero ageing and Pep's management, I don't see him going in the wrong direction so much, Same could be said for Leroy Sane who had a superb season.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Mbappe should move to bigger league like Premier League or La Liga. He will stagnate in League 1. French league is great to get great kick start but then player starts to feel unchallenged and doesn't get same competition level of bigger leagues. If he stays in PSG, I see him stagnate and become another Trezeguet.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Damn sweet Trezequet, he was a beast at Juve but never really delivered for France. :D it was Zizou who took them up

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

@marcus, I hope he has that in his plan. But for now, I have to say he still have rooms to improve with psg. Remember kdb and salah 1st epl experience wasn't so great, probably the same case for mbappe. After finding his great form and maturity then time must have opened up for his epl moves. Hazard is an example of successful ligue1 to epl transition which he didn't rush solid at 22 influence chelsea almost instantly. btw, lots of great french transfer to epl over the years such as kante and nasri.

• History

@marcus, I hope he has that in his plan. But for now, I have to say he still have rooms to improve with psg. Remember kdb and salah 1st epl experience wasn't so great, probably the same case for mbappe. After finding his great form and maturity then time must have opened up for his epl moves. Hazard is an example of successful ligue1 to epl transition.