Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi last stop?
Kais_54 5 years ago Edited
Juventus 1 5

Messi last stop? possible premiere league? ManUTD?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Messi last stop? possible premiere league? ManUTD?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

From this article.

Lionel Messi has said he would like to play for Argentine club Newell's Old Boys before he retires, having spent his entire career at Barcelona.

Messi, 30, left Newell's at 13 years old to join Barcelona and has gone on to become the club's most illustrious player. However, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner has revealed that he hopes one day to return to his first club some time in his career.

He also said:

"I'm increasingly sure that in Europe, Barcelona will be my only club," Messi, who has a contract at Barcelona until 2021, told Argentine television station El Trece.

So, if he can, he will either be retiring at Barca or at Newell's Old Boys. The former will depend on his form when he start degrading and the latter will depend on how much of a conpromise he is ready to accept for his wage.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

just like del piero, totti, xavi, gerrard, giggs, scholes, lampard. legendary club icon

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i can't see him in United jersey sorry.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

My impression is Messi is extremely loyal to Barca for all they did for him. I really can't see him in another Euro kit, but "retiring" at Newell's would be a great cake topper, especially for that club.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Our Legends so not play against us, just like Puyol-Xavi-Iniesta, Barça would be his only club in Europe. Both Xavi and Ineiesta got huge offers from Europe before going to Asia, they refused them.
Messi is writing the best story ever, for a player, a club or a league, imo he still can score 200 more goals before leaving and win additional silverwares to his palmares. so why leave ? for money ?

NovaRuk 5 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

If he were to join a Premier League side, it would be Man City, not United as he can reunite with Pep but it's really unlikely he'll go another european club atm.