Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mile Svilar
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He became the youngest goalkeeper in Champions League history playing vs Manchester United.
Mourinho have said that his team Benfica should prepare for a big offer for him.
enter image description here

He is born in Belgium but his dad was also a goalkeeper, from former Yugoslavia.
enter image description here

He might still be in a doubt as a young player because he can choose to play for either Belgium or Serbia, just like Bojan Krkic from Spain in the past.

Comments
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He was huge potential back in Anderlecht days, really weird that they didn't see opportunity in him. Benfica really got him for low amounts of money for such a talented lad. Also he should defo choose Belgium, maybe times will come that worse generation has better teamwork and manager so they will maybe outshine this generation.

On sidenote, Benfica is in bad position and Sporting + Porto are looking better than them. Such a twist of events. They had a lot of poor decisions and transfer market was really bad.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well he is only 18 so maybe they thought it was not a big deal to let go of him to Benfica as a young goalkeeper but Benfica is known to develop young players and to give them a chance.

It's acually tricky to choose because his father is from Serbia but he is born and raised in Belgium.
Serbia has already a prospect goalkeeper in Rajkovic but their current one is average, so Svilar could very easy in theory compete already for the starting position just in a few years, while Belgium currently has Courtois that is only 25 years old so he can be their first choice for the next 10 years or so but after that Svilar would get a chance.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo I guess its a question of playing time vs chance of success, imo, I would propably play for Serbia even if chance of winning anything are propably low. He seem pretty decent for his age, I mean, he did make the mistake which leaded to the goal against United but considering his age, I don't think its really so terrible, after all, like Wenger once said, young player need playing time to develop but they also are more error prone. At the end of the day, I rather think I helped a young player improve rather than putting every egg in the basket to try and win trophy. ;) Anyway, thanks for the share mate. :)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He has huge potential! But we can see that he's inexperience in reading the attack and movement (which is normal for his age)

Im going with the unpopular opinion here, I am not impressed about him as much as everyone.

For Goalie, although we dont see youngster boost that much at early age, I do think it's different to another position. He might be just another decent goalie.

I might be very wrong though!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan True, at this age, he can become anything, still, can't help but feel the fact he is out there with the elite in europe and in portugal should help him improve. :)

Croatian 7 years ago

@tuan, well at his age only Donnarumma and Lafont are starters in their clubs, also there is Montenegrin goalkeeper Carevic who was starter as 17 year old in small club in their league, moved to Barca this summer, also was in Guardian's talent list. Also one who is in Manchester City but can't remember his name. Fruchtl and Svilar are defo best in their age group. Goalkeepers really don't need to get rushed to first team before their early 20s, many failed to reach their potential because of that.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Nothing is official, Metro is a terrible source by the way. Still, it must be true that Mou gave him praise which is already pretty good. However, I don't expect him to target that kid anytime soon. Propably will wait to see if he improve.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

its almost 99% sure.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

The fact he chose to join Serbia you mean? Joining Manchester United, it won't be 99% sure until its officially announced by either of the team or the player. Beside, it would be a waste to sign him right now, the kid would get very little play time at a high level and would propably end up in the young team or in the reserve. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No I'm more sure about him being reserved by Mourinho to buy him, him choosing Serbia has less links.
There are multiple sources that said that Mourinho talked to the Benfica president about Svilar, makes sense he's from Portugal as well so that deal looks more probable right now compared to Svilar choosing Serbia as his national team if we judge by sources.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well maybe, but I'm not convinced until there is an official announcement, not putting my trust in media anymore. I agree it would make sense though as both club seem to have a good relation. My only worry is that last time United signed a Benfica player, it didn't work out so good for them. :(

Croatian 6 years ago

If de Gea leaves next window, would United really go for 18 year old? I mean, it seems more reasonable to look into Horn or some other goalkeeper with more experience. Also it seems he is very close to Serbia and seems to have verbal agreement, they don't have much GK options so he should be inserted fast if that happens.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Agreed, its a true problem especially considering Real might come for him in the summer. :( Also, when your talking about Horn, is it Timo Horn? Koln goalkeeper? Hadn't heard a lot about him before you mentioned him.

Croatian 6 years ago

Yeah he is very solid and knowing Koln has shit season they will probably need to sell him at lower price next window. I think he would be good for multiple PL clubs, I was always fan of him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Nice, great to hear, and he is only 24 year old, I guess that guy has some really good potential as well. Heard he backed Arsenal as well so it would be interesting if he managed to join either them or another big PL club at one point. Its too bad a lots of player who want to join certain club fail to do so though, like Aubameyang who wanted to join Real or Sissoko who wanted to join Arsenal and ended up at Tottenham. :(