Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Missed games :(. WC18. What's the biggest things to talk about?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hi guys,

I have been traveling and was in Santa Clara for some crazy sick cool tech stuffs, (now in NYC if anyone here fancy some cafe, weather is incredible here <3), have missed LOT LOTS of games, only watch the "famous" ones...

Any big thing I miss? (let's focus on the big and controversial ones)

I will sum up something I see (way less than I expect) and gathered around while talking.

• Lots of unexpected turns and surprises
  • Messi has been crap (isolated and Argentina is headless which is NOTTTTT a surprise to me).
  • Ronaldo carries Portugal, although dive again and again.
  • England looks promising for the first time.... I dont think so though.
  • Japan and their fans <3.
  • South American teams are doing bad & well.. mix...
  • Lots of fraud for the fan.
  • Teams with strong mid like Croatia is having fun

Then...

• VAR + ref have been some complete bollocks.
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hi guys,

I have been traveling and was in Santa Clara for some crazy sick cool tech stuffs, (now in NYC if anyone here fancy some cafe, weather is incredible here <3), have missed LOT LOTS of games...

Any big thing I miss?

I will sum up something I see (way less than I expect) and gathered around while talking.

• Messi has been crap (isolated and Argentina is headless which is NOTTTTT a surprise to me).
  • South American teams are doing well in term of football.

Then...

• VAR + ref have been a complete bollocks.

Hi guys,

I have been traveling and was in Santa Clara for some crazy sick cool tech stuffs, (now in NYC if anyone here fancy some cafe, weather is incredible here <3), have missed LOT LOTS of games...

Any big thing I miss?

• South American teams are doing well in term of football.

Then...

Hi guys,

Any big thing I miss?

Then...

Hi guys,

I have been traveling and was in Santa Clara for some crazy sick cool tech stuffs, (now in NYC if anyone here fancy some cafe, weather is incredible here <3), have missed LOT LOTS of games, only watch the "famous" ones...

Any big thing I miss?

Then...

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

uruguay conceeding ZERO goals so far. since 2010, has not been dying as long as godin is in command. with inconsistencies from the favorites. this team can take advantage.

10 1583

best attacking team so far proves to be belgium extra wing carrasco giving hazard more SPACE.

10 1583

I give up watching argentina, I have to say messi is POOR but the midfield and defence is FRANCE2010.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited

True that,

As for Argentina, I have to tell you I watched a lot of their qualification games, they HAVE NOT IMPROVED. Messi dragged them up there, now team figure out how to isolate him, then they are shit again. Adding to that, he has been very poor I must say.

what do you think about France, Germany and Brazil?

Are they living up to expectation?

• History

True that, what do you think about France, Germany and Brazil?

True that, and I have to tell you I watched a lot of their qualification games, they HAVE NOT IMPROVED. Messi dragged them up there, now team figure out how to isolate him, then they are shit again. Adding to that, he has been very poor I must say.

what do you think about France, Germany and Brazil?

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

too much inconsistencies from germany and brazil. what hurts is that brazil have a lot of talent but seems to rely 70% of the time on neymar, this is not one man team argentina, not neymar fc. germany midfield selection needs change and hopefully loew realize that playing draxler had put his job on the line. whereas timo werner is similar to podolski, a winger that can play as striker, finally found his pos. in 2nd game.

• History

too much inconsistencies from germany and brazil. what hurts is that brazil have a lot of talent but seems to rely 70% of the time on neymar, they are one man team argentina, not neymar fc. germany midfield selection needs change and hopefully loew realize that playing draxler had put his job on the line. whereas timo werner is similar to podolski, a winger that can play as striker, finally found his pos. in 2nd game.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323
  • Group B tight af but Spain and Portugal going through yesterday... Spain playing decent but probably needs to do bit better. Portugal relying on Ronaldo but winning, which is most important.
  • France underperforming tbh, although they did win, it doesn't seem to me like they have someone to push forward, not even Mbappe or Griezmann. France-Denmark today should be banger of a match. Peru getting eliminated too early :(
  • Group D with Argentina drama and best Croatia, in honesty, ages.
  • Brazil is also not good. Couldn't break Switzerland and struggled 90 minutes against Costa Rica. Can't tell what is wrong. Neymar not playing well.
  • Group F with that Germany match, Mexico playing awesome, Sweden good too.
  • England and Belgium match should be absolutely fantastic.
  • Group H is best group IMO. Last matchday for them will be unreal.
PlayItCoolowski 6 years ago
Barcelona, Bosnia and Herzegovina 0 2

If you're into politics, than you should check out Switzerland - Serbia, during and after the match.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Croatian: thanks

@PlayitCoolowski: wow, that's interesting. I saw on the news Serbia filed another official complaint with very harsh words toward Fifa

"We are not clear how the German referee could have been appointed for the match between Switzerland and Serbia, when it is well known that one of Swiss confederation cantons is a German canton,"

Then on the 2 players celebrated goals with controversial hand gestures:

Switzerland players Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri following their goals. Both players also are under FIFA investigation after celebrating with a hand signal of the double-headed eagle on the Albanian flag. Everyone knows this conflict out of history book.

Have I mentioned how the reference didn't give a crap a bout VAR?

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Messi has been crap (isolated and Argentina is headless which is NOTTTTT a surprise to me).

crap? if he's not given the ball, how is he expected to have an effect?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I dont say people should blame him entirely, I have always been saying if a team has their strikers completely cut off and have no services, the chance is small.

Argentina has an quite a crap squad except strikers, and a mediocre coach (so far).

So, has Messi done well, NO. has Messi performs up to his expectation, NO. I do understand why, but can't deny the fact that it has been a disappointing WC for the legend like him

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Neymar not playing well.

The lad clearly had toom much pression on his shoulder from the start of the world cup. The fact he broke down in tear after the second game seem to say that for me.

• History

Neymar not playing well.

The lad clearly had toom much pression on his shoulder from the start of the world cup. The fact he broke down in tear after the first game seem to say that for me.

Croatian 6 years ago

^yep, the pressure is on him, he must do what other great Brazilians did... and it is tough as hell. He is usually one of best, if not clearly best international player in the world and he should prove it though. He seems to not do his usual job of playmaking or dribbling, he tried all kind of bs skills and IMO he doesn't help his team. Coutinho seems to be far more mature, and actually better than Neymar this tournament.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian The problem is propably in his head. He must have been completely focused on the world cup while he was recovering. Sometime, its better not to think to much about the future because if you do, you'll end up trying too hard.

Croatian 6 years ago

Yeah, for example he was better yesterday against Serbia (although he still slowed the play). If he returns to his best form, god forbid anyone who plays against Brazil.

10 1583

Douglas costa on the bench. Oh i want to be brazil's manager

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Douglas Costa > Willian
Firmino > Jesus

I also think Julian Brandt should have started against South Korea, at least get more than 10 minutes. He has probably been Germany's best player offensively imo, even though he only had a total playtime of 20 minutes in the group stage.

kirsi16 6 years ago Edited
Sao Paulo, Brazil 2 96

Really didn't have time to see other games other than Brazil, so I'll just focus on them.

1. The squad has a lot of injuries going on right now. Neymar and Renato Augusto are both coming back from serious injuries, and are not 100%. Neymar was a lot better against Serbia, so who knows, if he improves, Brazil might get better. The injured players list goes on with: Danilo (so our RB is now a 2nd substitute: Fagner), Fred (not the one in 2014, but still not that good), Douglas Costa (injured right thigh, might be serious), and Marcelo yesterday during the match (had spasms on his back, and despite it is gone right now, medics have no idea what happened).

2. Neymar and Phillippe Coutinho both received yellow card. They should be more careful next games.

3. Phillippe Coutinho the indisputed MVP for Brazil in all 3 games.

4. Willian is underperforming for some reason. But we don't have a better option right now as Douglas Costa is injured.

5. Firmino has achieved more in these games, but I would still start Gabriel Jesus, because he has better chemistry with Neymar, and mainly because he has better defensive skills, as we have seen yesterday against Serbia. About off ball movements, I think both are on par. Firmino should be the super sub just like now. His already strong scoring ability will be a way bigger threat as he enters in better physical condition in the second half of the game.

6. Paulinho was and still is a big surprise in the national team. I really didn't think anyone would come back as strong after going to China, at that age.
  • History

Really didn't have time to see other games other than Brazil, so I'll just focus on them.

1. The squad has a lot of injuries going on right now. Neymar and Renato Augusto are both coming back from serious injuries, and are not 100%. Neymar was a lot better against Serbia, so who knows, if he improves, Brazil might get better. The injured players list goes on with: Danilo (so our RB is now a 2nd substitue: Fagner), Fred (not the one in 2014, but still not that good), Douglas Costa (injured right thigh, might be serious), and Marcelo yesterday during the match (had spasms on his back, and despite it is gone right now, medics have no idea what happened).

2. Neymar and Phillippe Coutinho both received yellow card. They should be more careful next games.

3. Phillippe the indisputed MVP for Brazil in all 3 games.

4. Willian is underperforming for some reason. But we don't have a better option right now as Douglas Costa is injured.

5. Firmino has achieved more in these games, but I would still start Gabriel Jesus, because he has better chemistry with Neymar, and mainly because he has better defensive skills, as we have seen yesterday against Serbia. About off ball movements, I think both are on par. Firmino should be the super sub just like now. His already strong scoring ability will be a way bigger threat as he enters with better physical condition in the second half of the game.

6. Paulinho was and still a big surprise in the national team. I really didn't think anyone would come back as strong after going to China, at that age.

1. The squad has a lot of injuries going on right now. Neymar and Renato Augusto are both coming back from serious injuries, and are not 100%. Neymar was a lot better against Serbia, so who knows, if he improves, Brazil might get better. The injured players list goes on with: Danilo (so our RB is now a 2nd substitute: Fagner), Fred (not the one in 2014, but still not that good), Douglas Costa (injured right thigh, might be serious), and Marcelo yesterday during the match (had spasms on his back, and despite it is gone right now, medics have no idea what happened).

3. Phillippe the indisputed MVP for Brazil in all 3 games.

5. Firmino has achieved more in these games, but I would still start Gabriel Jesus, because he has better chemistry with Neymar, and mainly because he has better defensive skills, as we have seen yesterday against Serbia. About off ball movements, I think both are on par. Firmino should be the super sub just like now. His already strong scoring ability will be a way bigger threat as he enters with better physical condition in the second half of the game.

6. Paulinho was and still a big surprise in the national team. I really didn't think anyone would come back as strong after going to China, at that age.

5. Firmino has achieved more in these games, but I would still start Gabriel Jesus, because he has better chemistry with Neymar, and mainly because he has better defensive skills, as we have seen yesterday against Serbia. About off ball movements, I think both are on par. Firmino should be the super sub just like now. His already strong scoring ability will be a way bigger threat as he enters in better physical condition in the second half of the game.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Pupper 100% agreed with what you said, Firmino clearly is better than Jesus, fit more their style of playing and passing fast. Jesus positioning, finishing and passing are nothing impressive for me. And yeah Costa, also seem like a better choice than Willian.

Anyway, love all the people saying Sane is laughing now. It might not have made any difference in reality but its still funny.

Edit: kirsi analysis is actually very good and explain better the choice of the manager. I still think its 50/50 for Jesus and Firmino though.

• History

@Pupper 100% agreed with what you said, Firmino clearly is better than Jesus, fit more their style of playing and passing fast. Jesus positioning, finishing and passing are nothing impressive for me. And yeah Costa, also seem like a better choice than Willian.

Anyway, love all the people saying Sane is laughing now. It might not have made any difference in reality but its still funny.