Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mods on this website need to do their job
Lhiggins 8 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Ireland 1 222

The amount of trolling and disrespect in the comments is ridiculous. Even worse when you see Mods like Yuan Jinn and Shpalman getting involved in it. Maybe I am setting my expectations too high, but this website is an absolute joke. The Mods obviously don't do anything and only ban the most obvious of people and the ones that they personally disagree with. They even let unregistered users make an unlimited amount of comments and they are allowed to vote on comments. That makes no sense. Then when I see people actually making comments about the match they get downvoted and trolled by other teams fans? It's the same on every comments page. I can't be the only one who thinks this website is a joke and could easily be fixed if the mods;
Make it so unregistered users can comment once per day
Unregistered users can not vote on comments
They cant choose a team/country/name. Give them the name Guest.

These are all simple things that would improve this site a lot. The people using it and moderating it are most of the problem though.

Comments
Lhiggins 8 years ago

Please do this.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

They even let unregistered users make an unlimited amount of comments and they are allowed to vote on comments. That makes no sense. Then when I see people actually making comments about the match they get downvoted and trolled by other teams fans? It's the same on every comments page.

I agree so much.

ANYWAYS, if you want a healthy discussion, join the discussions we have here in FORUMS.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

I should have just posted that part. @decentK The rest was a bit unnecessary... and I shouldnt have made the title what I did.

Joe_Manchester 8 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

Agreed! with every word said by Lhiggins

Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I agree with what Lhiggins said but I feel like the mods don't have control over making changes regarding the unregistered users and comment regulations. The job of the mods is to maintain a clean and safe online environment in the comment sections and what not.

I feel like the only one who can make the ultimate decision about this change is the owner of Footyroom himself. But posts and concerns like these can help influence his decision.

Good post btw...

HorseAFC 8 years ago
60 798

I second this, but then these Guests are gonna turn into annoying users and it's gonna be something likeenter image description here

nandaYNWA 8 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

^^^exactly what i was going to say. if 'guests' are limited to one comment per day or per match whatever, they will just create an account and do the same thing...

it is not really a difficult task to just ignore them. if you do not like what they say, just do not look at it. they yearn for attention and by acknowledging their comments you are giving them exactly what they want.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^^^exactly what i was going to say. if 'guests' are limited to one comment per day or per match whatever, they will just create an account and do the same thing...

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

lol that's my bad guys i got a little carried away

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

with that being said, I actively participate on this site, constructively and sometimes there's an altercation here or there. There is obviously going to be discussion and arguments since people support different clubs/teams/players. As long as it's directly related to football and doesn't include any racist comments/harassment, why does it matter what people post. This is a forum, people express positive and negative opinions, if you can't do it here then there's no point to this site. Secondly, if the individual does not want to create an account, that is their prerogative. Disabling whether guests can choose a country/club team or limiting their comments, won't change their attitude. They can easily make accounts and continue. This is the internet and unfortunately, there are trolls and disrespectful individuals here. You people need to stop being entitled and just ignore things and just watch the highlights.

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Is there any way to set someone on ignore? Some sites have that option, just the click of a button and bam, you can't see that persons posts anymore.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Gonzi do you even understand what we are talking about? We're talking about how the comments section on this website is an absolute joke. It's flooded with memes/trolling/racism from unregistered users. If they did the following;

Footyroom would be a better website. All the members would be able to keep using it like they do, but there wont be a bunch of trolls downvoting them and disagreeing without sharing their opinion hopefully.

@Gonzo, that entire paragraph you posted was completely irrelevant and didn't actually say anything. What was your point? that these things happen? Obviously, and I'm trying to make a solution...... That entire paragraph was pointless no offense. You said nothing but the complete obvious.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

@NandaYNWA this also must have flew right over your head......

Lhiggins 8 years ago

People have told me to join the discussion on the forums multiple times. I checked it out. It's not good football talk or healthy like you describe it. No better than the comment section. Did I check the wrong section? Didnt see any posts of people actually discussing things.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago Edited

@lhiggins how was that irrelevant? you have to relax, just watch the highlights and ignore the comments you think are from trolls. I gave you a solution and 2 reasons for which you ultimately won't be able to do anything about trolls.

reiterating from my previous paragraph:
solution: just ignore it and stop being so sensitive, who cares if there are trolls..........honestly
reason 1: trolls exist who post memes and racist comments (and i've seen like 2 racist comments in the past month, so either the the mods are doing a pretty good job or it's not as bad as you are implying it to be)
reason 2: guests can easily make 20 accounts to continue trolling, so your point about limiting options(picking teams and limiting comments) won't do anything

so relax buddy and just watch the highlights and stop trying to be a hero, because you're coming off as sensitive and entitled.
The "fixing" you want to do, it ultimately won't change anything.

• History

@lhiggins how was that irrelevant? you have to relax, just watch the highlights and ignore the comments you think are from trolls. I gave you a solution and 2 reasons for which you ultimately won't be able to do anything about trolls.

reiterating from my previous paragraph:
solution: just ignore it and stop being so sensitive, who cares if there are trolls..........honestly
reason 1: trolls exist who post memes and racist comments (and i've seen like 2 racist comments in the past month, so either the the mods are doing a pretty good job or it's not as bad as you are implying it to be)
reason 2: guests can easily make 20 accounts to continue trolling, so your point about limiting options(picking teams and limiting comments) won't do anything

so relax buddy and just watch the highlights and stop trying to be a hero, because you're coming off as sensitive and entitled.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Gonzi, you dont understand what we are talking about. You just typed the same thing twice. What is your point? And why do you sound so offended by this suggestion? Didnt know it would upset you so much. I understand you might not speak good English because you are from Argentina, but you literally just repeated the exact same thing twice and none of it was relevant...... But yeah why do you sound like you are arguing? lol. no reason to be mad.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

1 day ago? You posted this?

Its true there are trolls. And we are working hard to clean it. But Me involving in the trolling? This is blatantly ridiculous. You are accusing me now?

I tell you what, i gonna give some reasons for my fellow friends to know too:
My father is seriously sick and im with him in the Columbus, Ohio. got robbed here (laptops, ipad everything). I havent been active for so long (almost a month), ask any active member here. I just came in sometimes to delete trolls as much as i can, sometimes comment on forum post. Thats it. I will only have internet next Tuesday.

Tobe honest, you look new, but when you call me out like that when im barely active, i doubt it.

• History

1 day ago? You posted this?

Its true there are trolls. And we are working hard to clean it. But Me involving in the trolling? This is blatantly ridiculous. You are accusing me now?

I tell you what, i gonna give some reasons for my fellow friends to know too:
My father is seriously sick and im with him in the Columbus, Ohio. got robbed here (laptops, ipad everything). I havent been active for so long (almost a month), ask any active member here. I just came in sometimes to delete trolls as much as i can. I will inly have internet next Tuesday.

Tobe honest, you look new, but when you call me out like that when im barely active, i doubt it.

Lhiggins 8 years ago

If you dont like my suggestions you can simply ignore it and go read the other forums post. No need to act all sensitive and entitled @Gonzi :)

Lhiggins 8 years ago

Not involved with the trolling. Involved with the post and not doing anything about it. But yeah Yuan Jinn please give these suggestions to whoever codes the website.

Seems like an easy fix to make this website a lot more user friendly. Or you can ignore my entire post and focus on the one thing about you ;)

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

There is a tab called show only user for now. You can use that if public user annoy you so much. Restricting public users is not that simple because its how site traffic works (not to mention they can share the same IP cuz of proxy like school, region etc.)

And be very clear in what you accuse people at, on this site. I never involve in a disrepectful discussion without clean/warn or ban a troll.

Trolling is an annoying issue i agree and we will try to improve that

PS: i still wonder why u dragged me into this, since i barely on.
And if u look further a bi there a a few similar threads already

• History

There is a tab called show only user for now. You can use that if public user annoy you so much. Restricting public users is not that simple because its how site traffic works (not to mention they can share the same IP cuz of proxy like school, region etc.)

And be very clear in what you accuse people at, on this site. I never involve in a disrepectful discussion without clean/warn or ban a troll.

PS: i still wonder why u dragged me into this, since i barely on.

Discussion Closed