Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Monaco to sack Henry?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Henry suspended by Monaco and expected to be fired after just about 3 months.

I'm really disappointed with Monaco how they have handled everything... especially the transfer window and then expect miracles from their coaches. That's not how it works imo

What is your opinion about this? Is it fair to kick Henry? Is he maybe not ready to lead a highest division club yet?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Pelle Hope it doesn't happen and if it does, I hope Henry don't let it get to him, cause he was thrown in one of the worst scenario possible for a manager, big club, high pressure, need to fight to get out of relegation zone. Its not an easy first managing job at all. Still think it was risky of him to accept actually. Feel bad for him, thats for sure.

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Well they are in 19th place so....

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I think with a different manager they would be better off

nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

pundit: im great at analysing tv

pundit becomes manager

3 months later

fired

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He rejected Bordeaux and then went on suicidal mission. You cannot replace a WC experienced coach like Jardim and expect to do better. Specially when there was no internal issues and same negative factors as heritage : injuries ( Glik, Sidibe, Jovetic...) off form ( Subasic, Raggi, Falcao) bad adaptation of new commers...
what did Henry expect, you should choose carefully your first coaching experiences, because you won’t have many chances to prove your worth, or your career would be as short as Garry Neville’s.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

Feel bad for henry, too risk of a job to takeover. Might as well call big sam for relegation scrapyard

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Its one thing calling the shots commentating on Sky, its another thing being a top team coach. As Gary Neville found out.

I think he should keep trying low maybe with smaller teams with a lesser expectation.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@tiki_taka: maybe he wanted to help the club that once raised him? Instead of going to Bordeaux.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I never expected for Henry succeed at Monaco despite my big respect and admiration of the man. Just because he had been doing some good football analysis doesn't make a him football manager, or being assistant to Belgium wasn't enough neither, didn't he ask Neville for advise before he set out there? They did identical career path and failed ( neville also was assistant for England at WC) ! LOL Didn't also Monaco call Valencia for advice before they hired Henry? Stupid men are running the clubs in my opinion.

Well, this sucks. I never see black managers doing well in management, so there goes another prematurely ended chance to lead by example.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

When you are getting a new coach, as a player, what should you expect?

Knowledge of the game..... Tactical strategies….. Solid training sessions (Planned and executed)…… And the ability to speak to you as a player and a person (Mutual Respect)...…..

It remains to be seen if Henry lacked in any of these areas or if the players themselves never gave him a real chance.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Well Patrick Vieira is doing good buisness, we also have Antoine Komboare in France league winner with PSG and well settled in Ligue 1. I find at the opposite black people not getting many trust to coach. Makelele is coaching a 4th division club, few gave him chance.

@pelle nah mate, atmosphère was explosive there mate, If a guy like Jardim as successful as he was in recent past couldn’t cope with departures, injuries in the debut of the season with 7 starters unable to play... you need to be a serious gambler to start your career in a very risky mission not even in preseason or at transfermarket but after 10 games being last.

expertfootball11 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

At least he tried. Much better to be a manager than a pundit on Sky Sports. Honestly, what do people sitting all day talking contribute to football, and society in general ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

At least he tried. Much better to be a manager than a pundit on Sky Sports. Honestly, what do people sitting all day talking contribute to football, and society and general ?

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Well i wanted him to have more than just 3 months career if he picked up the right club, he took the worst possible challenge of Europe...
Bordeaux was better to build up a career, now with such a defeat. Who would give him the keys of a first division club ?

SarriBall 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Pundits talk like they know it all when they analyze the game and criticize big managers that knows better... and when they go on to be managers themselves they get slapped hard with reality. See: Gary Neville, Thierry Henry

Talking is cheap and literally any one on the internet or TV can be or say whatever they want, but it doesn't mean that they can do it.

• History

Pundits talk like they know it all when they analyze the game and criticize big managers that knows better... and when they go on to be managers themselves they get slapped hard with reality. See: Gary Neville, Thierry Henry

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

And it hence happened. Henry sacked... I almost want Monaco to get relegated now, for their board to maybe finally wake up.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Jardim was rehired. He should have never been sacked to begin with.

Henry had 0 experience and lost the dressing room pretty darn quicky. Went as far as to banish a bunch of first team players.

Henry and Neville making the same mistakes. Big egos think they can do it easily. How about you try a B or second division team first.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Amateurish move by Monaco too.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have biggest respect for him as a footballer.

But he took too big risk of a challenge, and he isn't made nor be ready for it yet. Ole took as crazy challenge as Henry but he took it well, may be analyzing on TV is too far different...

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I find at the opposite black people not getting many trust to coach.
Makelele is coaching a 4th division club, few gave him chance.

They get plenty of chances but few want to take on management role. Makelele himself has said it once that they often quit because they find managerial classes and licensing as hard thing to go through, and overall management as least desired way to continue working in football. At last, if clubs don't trust them then perhaps there is a good reason because it is only at clubs best interest to hire best and i doubt that overlooking someone based on color of their skin is how they do their business in choosing the right manager.

@tuan

Ole knows the club in and out. Knows the culture and has managed some ( well sht teams but still ) clubs before coming to United. Ole didn't take on the team that is fighting relegation battle with a low moral. Ole took a team that simply rebelled and didn't want to play under prior manager. Henry took on the job far more difficult, club that has changed dramatically since he last played for them and he shouldn't have come to a club that is going through heavy crisis. It is just stupid of him honestly!

• History

I find at the opposite black people not getting many trust to coach.
Makelele is coaching a 4th division club, few gave him chance.

They get plenty of chances but few want to take on management role. Makelele himself has said it once that they often quit because they find managerial classes and licensing as hard thing to go through, and overall management as least desired way to continue working in football. At last, if clubs don't trust them then perhaps there is a good reason because it is only at clubs best interest to hire best and i doubt that overlooking someone based on color of their skin is how they do their business in choosing the right manager.

@tuan

Ole knows the club in and out. Knows the culture and has managed some ( well sht teams but still ) clubs before coming to United. Ole didn't take on the team that is fighting relegation battle with a low moral. Ole took a team that simply reveled and didn't want to play under prior manager. Henry took on the job far more difficult, club that has changed dramatically since he last played for them and he shouldn't have come to a club that is going through heavy crisis. It is just stupid of him honestly!

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Markus: Fair point, I agree, Henry took the toughest challenge possible. That's true.