Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal!
AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Welcome to Chelsea Morata!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Comments
AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynas You prolly forgot why Real Madrid bought him back right? :D He was the one to knock them out from the Champions league in 2015 when Juve played Real Madrid one time. Oh and Check that videos above and the tweet where he destroyed Bayern's midfield and gave a great assist to Cuadrado :)

• History

@Dynas You prolly forgot why Real Madrid bought him back right? :D He was the one to knock them out when Juve played Real Madrid one time. Oh and Check that videos above and the tweet where he destroyed Bayern's midfield and gave a great assist to Cuadrado :)

TheGame 7 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

This is a fantastic signing. Maybe Chelsea could hold onto Costa and play both up front? Not too shabby..

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@TheGame Unfortunately Costa already posted on his twitter a video of him in a party wearing Atletico Madrid's shirt I doubt he is staying. So we will have Morata and Batshuayi, Still tho, Conte could possibly play 3-5-2, we will see.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@AlexBatak Man, having Morata and Batshuayi both playing upfront would be sweet, two player I personaly apreciate a lot. :D

@Dynast It really pain me to see him leave Madrid but at long last, he will be a starter in his new team. Hope he suceed nevertheless. My only worry is that M'bappe still chose to remain one more year in Monaco, then Chelsea (edit: I meant Real Madrid) will lack a backup striker... :(

@Marcus Come on mate, don't dish out M'bappe, that kid is class. ;P

• History

@AlexBatak Man, having Morata and Batshuayi both playing upfront would be sweet, two player I personaly apreciate. :D

@Dynast It really pain me to see him leave Madrid but at long last, he will be a starter in his new team. Hope he suceed nevertheless. My only worry is that M'bappe still chose to remain one more year in Monaco, then Chelsea will lack a backup striker... :(

@AlexBatak Man, having Morata and Batshuayi both playing upfront would be sweet, two player I personaly apreciate a lot. :D

@Dynast It really pain me to see him leave Madrid but at long last, he will be a starter in his new team. Hope he suceed nevertheless. My only worry is that M'bappe still chose to remain one more year in Monaco, then Chelsea will lack a backup striker... :(

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@Emo My only worry is that M'bappe still chose to remain one more year in Monaco, then Chelsea will lack a backup striker... :(

what do you mean?

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

@kyoekyar if mbappe doesn't move to real they may decide not to sell morata

would really like to see morata in premier league...epl is gonna b so much more interesting with all the new strikers

• History

@kyoekyar if mbappe doesn't move to real they may decide not to sell morata

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@kyoekyar @nigelpayne I really meant Madrid, not Chelsea, I don't know whats going on with me, I'm making a lots of those mistake at the moment. I'm very sorry guys. :(

@Eden17 Where he learned to talk english? :U Anyway, thats actually a big plus for him.

• History

@kyoekyar @nigelpayne I really meant Madrid, not Chelsea, I don't know whats going on with me, I'm making a lots of those mistake at the moment. I'm very sorry guys. :(

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

The secret, Chelsea fans voted these names in order for who they wanted as a Chelsea striker 3 months ago in order

3- Lukaku
2- Sanchez
1- Morata

it was written in the stars :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501
  1. Lukaku transferring to Chelsea was Minority fans and Emenalo Choice
  2. Morata transferring to Chelsea was MAJORITY fans and Conte's choice
  3. Sanchez transferring to Chelsea was MINORITY fans and Sanchez's choice
JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I doubt that only the majority of fans wanted Sanchez. I haven't heard a single Chelsea fan who didn't sympathize with his potential acquisition. How could you say no to him? He's easily the best out of the three.

EDIT: typo, obviously I mean "minority" in the first sentence

• History

I doubt that only the majority of fans wanted Sanchez. I haven't heard a single Chelsea fan who didn't sympathize with his potential acquisition. How could you say no to him? He's easily the best out of the three.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Every cfc fan would be lying if they said that they didn't want sanchez at Chelsea

Marcus2011 7 years ago

It is a sarcasm and come on , are we kids ? Did you honestly hope that they would have sold us Sanchez ? That is like shooting themselves in the foot and hoping to finish fourth next season . That is why i said minority . Otherwise hell yeah , bring the Sanchez in .

However, Morata is very good buy and not just for footballing reasons but also good for marketing . Top selling Jerseys in Arsenal aren't Sanchez' but Ozil's . Sanchez's shirt sales are miles behind .

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

However, Morata is very good buy and not just for footballing reasons but also good for marketing . Top selling Jerseys in Arsenal aren't Sanchez' but Ozil's . Sanchez's shirt sales are miles behind .

That's not true, Alexis sells more shirts than Ozil.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Your Source ? I might be wrong

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

No, I don't think they would ever sell them to us, but that doesn't change the fact that I'll absolutely love to have him and I'm pretty sure that the MAJORITY of Chelsea fans would take him too. Apart from Barcelona, Sanchez would walk into the starting XI of every team.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea have announced the £70m signing of Alvaro Morata on a five-year deal from Real Madrid.

Seems like it's 70 at all.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy So we were right after all. XD