Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal!
AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Welcome to Chelsea Morata!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I know that Morata could be very good for Chelsea, but it still irks me to see a guy move for 70m who's never scored more than 15 goals in a season.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Real would't win the keague without morata last season.
enter image description here

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Good point, I didn't even realize that. :O

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

was the fee 60 or 70 mil? im hearing different things

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@alex wow another stat i wasn't aware of, better concersion rate than those players listed is really impressive!

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

He played less games, remember that. 68m....lol

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Maybe Chelsea fan should wait a bit before getting too overjoyed. Can't forget theres a world between the defence in PL and in La Liga. Hopefully, he'll adapt quickly and will build stamina. :)

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Emobot7 Costa, Sanchez, Pedro, who else to name? :)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ iheartfootball 90mill for a player who won his team 7points.... lol

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Guys, keep in mind that some of those games where Morata won points were just buckets of goals against scrub teams. Those "points won" stats are misleading for the Madrid players.

67% of Morata's goals in La Liga came against teams in the bottom half of the table. Although this was partly due to him not getting much game time against top teams, it still is a statistic to keep in mind.

What I'm trying to say is don't get your hopes up so high and then be disappointed that he's not a Drogba. He's a good player and has plenty of room for development, but don't expect him to be your savior just because of the price tag Madrid demanded. Odds are that he's more or less going to be as prolific as Costa (although I would like to see Alvaro excel and Chelsea to repeat the title).

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Maybe I'm wrong but I do see Morata as a player for big games, he has a presence in big games so in time he can become a big influence for the team.
But his stats are not to be taken that seriously, he was bought because of his qualities and not because of his stats, he will surely have a bigger role in Chelsea than what he had in Real Madrid so more playtime is to be expected thus his records of scoring time and accuracy will change.

This is why I see Lacazette as the best signing, his conversion rate is 38.9% but he scored 20+ goals.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Also Madrid has a team full of creators. Chelsea's notable creators are just Cesc and Hazard, and that in and of itself will reduce the number of high-quality chances Morata will receive. Morata's defensive presence ought to be invaluable to Chelsea though. He's a hound when he doesn't have the ball.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Alex Remember Pedro humble beginning please, it was pretty hard for him at first, I still remember some Chelsea fan actually wanted him out after his first half of season only. :U Anyway, I'm not saying he won't thrive after a while, on the contrary, I do believe in time, he will be excellent for you guys, however, please be patient with him, its all I ask. ;)

• History

@Alex Remember Pedro humble beginning please, it was pretty hard for him at first, I still remember some Chelsea fan actually wanted him out after his first half only. :U Anyway, I'm not saying he won't thrive after a while, on the contrary, I do believe in time, he will be excellent for you guys, however, please be patient with him, its all I ask. ;)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Wow u guys destroyed my excitement, so negative goddamn chill and let us enjoy this for a bit :p

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

LMAO sorry bud. I expect him to be a younger version of Diego Costa - strong, prolific, aggressive, and a massive flopper lol. I bet you United fans will hate him half-way into the season.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Sorry mate, I just don't want you guy to be dissapointed if he doesn't perform as good as expected at first. Thats all. ;)

• History

@Chelsea8 Sorry mate, I just don't want you guy to be dissapointed if he doesn't perform as good as expected. Thats all. ;)

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

No one is saying that he will score 60 goals, the guy didn't play one match yet. If Batshuayi can score against any team, Morata will just be fine. His stats were much better than many top strikers. Against a big or small team they are still called players and they are still called important points. Points win you titles. I didn't see him struggle against big teams yet either. He scores against most of them :.

Keep Calm :)

• History

No one is saying that he will score 60 goals, the guy didn't play one match yet. If Batshuayi can score against any team, Morata will just be fine. His stats were much better than many top strikers. Against a big or small team they are still called players and they are still called important points. Points win you titles. I didn't see him struggle against big teams yet either. He scores again most of them :.

Keep Calm :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@AlexBatak Could have chosen a fewer number than 60 to make your point though. XD But seriously, after seeing Bats scoring against Arsenal in the friendly, I can't help thinking there might be a rotation between these two and that they'll both get a chance to see some action. :)

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

• History