Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho wants youth player to stay next season
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Straight from the extremely helpful blog 'WeAintGotNoHistory':
Kenneth Omeruo was among the quartet of Blues who had successful loan spells in Netherlands last season, add to that a fairly solid outing with Nigeria in the international fixtures and it looks like the club management might've decided to take a more serious stance on his development, as it would seem he is in discussion for retention at the club when the new season rolls around.

How do we know that? Well, Omeruo's representatives recently got talking to MTNFootball, and told them some rather promising things:

"It is now 95% certain that Kenneth will finally team up with Chelsea for the coming season. Mourinho has said he wants to work with Kenneth after watching him at the recent Africa Cup of Nations in South Korea,

He watched him against Didier Drogba at the Nations Cup and he said he liked what he saw.

He will therefore not be heading back to Dutch club ADO Den Haag, where he spent the last one and half seasons on loan."

While I do enjoy hearing the ever growing news of inexperienced/youth players being taken under Mourinho's wing as he proves doubters wrong, I'm not so sure about this one. Now Omeruo is one of our finest young players who were sent out on loan, but he isn't ready for Chelsea yet. I don't want him to be a rarely used sub either. I want him to gain as much experience as possible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with young Kenneth. Nigerian Jedi, Obi could be our only hope for his fellow countryman, Omeruo (kill me).