Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

multi-accounts and fake accounts part 2.
man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

FR may delete this post but I personally think it's important to point out who's using multiple accounts.
We also have to discuss how we can stop this ridiculous drama.
1) Why the hell aren't you guys deleting this Totti account. He obviously has multiple accounts and you're letting prance around acting like a twat. This guy is seriously worse than Iraqi Maestro. Or maybe he is him.
2) Get rid of the rank, thumbs up (on highlights), top comments etc... It's a corrupted system.

Comments
ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

BAAHHH GET YOUR TORCHES, PICKS, AND AXES!

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

FR has not done anything else in the past why would them do something now? The FR community has been complaining and giving suggestions to this issue for a really long time and well.. FR decided to change the forum rules which was not very dedicated to multiple accounts. For those who think FR is going to help with this just read trough the "New Changes to the Formum" posted by FR. 

Tuanis 11 years ago

And now, the best way to eliminate Multiple accounts is to link them with a valid email account. The only reason people is able to have 20+ accounts is because some time ago you could randomly type any email address and create an account. This can no longer be done but people who visited FR long time ago could have probably created as many accounts as they wished and those are the users with multiple accounts right now. A suggestion would be re-send an email to EVERY account created before this new registration process for a re-confirmation. This will decrease the amount of multiple accounts a lot if my theory is correct...

man_utd 11 years ago

@Tuanis
What do you mean by re sending an email to every account before this new registration process for a re-confirmation?

Tuanis 11 years ago

For example... if I created an account in 2010 by the email: random@randomness.com, FR should send a confirmation email to that adress so that in order to keep using that account you would have to log into that email and confirm the footyroom account...

man_utd 11 years ago

I see.
So what about the email sent? If you don't click on a certain link, would it delete the account or something?

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I think FR shouldn't remove rank system because even though it promotes multi-accounting, I think it promotes many positive comments because most people care about their FR rank, and will post respective things in order to get a thumb up. I think if FR got rid of the rank system then there would be a lot more trolling and disrespecting going around. 

man_utd 11 years ago

There's more bad things that come out of rankings as oppose to "good" things in my opinion.

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Why get rid of the ranking system, when Footyroom can just ban KING_of_10_TOTTI. Problem solved

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@man_utd, as far as I'm aware you can't delete the account, that is why the likes of CR7skillz 10 accounts all remain on the site, you can only ban them, which I'm told TOTTI has been.  As for the second point, I agree, it is, and I've said that numerous times, the majority of those towards the top of the ranking system are suspect, but not all. Like I said in the previous thread, the main reason but not the only reason for multiple accounting is because of the top comments and the FR Rank, people want to be near the top because I think they think it makes them look good, if they aren't there the majority have no reason to have more than 1 account.

@Tuanis, I assume that would work with older multiple accounters but wouldn't work on newer members like TOTTI who have had to create all these e-mails to register.

@tdot, I personally don't think it promotes any positive comments, and people shouldn't care about there FR Rank, it's just a number at the end of the day and completely meaningless, if users want to disrespect they will do it Rank or no Rank, it's the way the people are not the system, registered users still troll, and I don't think removing the Rank will increase the number of trollers, you keep the thumbs up/down system troll comments get hidden anyway.

@nanda, doesn't solve the problem entirely, as I said he has been banned but you still have him sitting in 9th place in the FR RANK falsely, and he will stay there, when really he shouldn't be.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@man_utd, totally agree about the 2nd point. FR has turned this site into nothing but a popularity contest, rather than a website where we would just come and discuss/watch football highlights. However, there was a reason why the thumbs existed before - it was a way for people to show either they agree or not to what the other person said. However, words speak better than thumbs, so they can just simply say "Totally agree with you there", or something, rather than carrying on having this 'sin' of a thumb rating system :D

@tdot, the ranking system does promote positive comments, however, it's done for one reason only - popularity.  
Members these days think they can grab a shit-ton of thumb ups just by putting the nicest comment on the page (with addition of thumbing him/herself up to quickly grab one of the top 2 comments, so people frequently see and thumb up too). Bit in all honestly, the multiple accounting incidents (that have been happening for years, btw. I still don't understand why people are so fixated upon this now, but w.e) have made it literally impossible to believe that the ranking system should still be allowed in this site. So I'd say get rid of it, cos it's driving this site insane.

@nandaYNWA, good, so what about those other members (that do the same thing) that we not know of?

@Tuanis, personally I don't think that's the best way. However, if you still disagree, then I think FR should perform an experiment: Get rid of the ranking system for a few months and observe how people will react. Of course, there will still be heated arguments, but at least the thumbs up/downs will no longer be there to vex the members while doing so (doing the arguments), and eventually it will stop.

If however, you still think the ranking system needs to exists, due to countless of complaints and so, then you can put the system back up and end of story. What do you say? I'd say try this experiment, cos it's for the best for what this site has turned into (a gay sausage-fest, where people are fighting to be the #1 fancy pants)

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Agree that they can get rid of the ranking system...

..And thumbs up and down on comments. I mean if I would say someting well tought out in a barca video thats not really offensive or anything i would get thumbed down only because of the number of barcelona fans

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

I like the thumbs up system in the highlights. Just because someone misused it doesn't mean you have to get rid of it. That's just my opinion anyway

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

The issue isn't really the rankings. The same people who are abusing it now will find a new way to spam/annoy everyone, even if you shut it down.

Really, closing the rankings won't solve the problem.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@Lodatz : Trolling cannot be stopped completely but removing rank system will atleast solve a part of the problem !! On top of that what good is it doing anyway ?? Those who comment good will comment good irrespective whether ranking exists or not. The forums receives pretty good comments without ranking system. It should be removed !!

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

You guys are still talking about the same topic :)) Hi! ok i think we should have more than 2 Top Rated Comments. Make it 5 Because there are a lot of good comments and no one wants to go through all the trolls and read everything they typed to read the good ones :) 

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

or may be we could scroll down to read comments instead of clicking on pages 1,2,3, .... ... This would be easier I guess. No need to click ... all commets in one page ..... same as that Twitter widget of footyroom has the scrolling system

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Its simple other forums do it. Check his IP and all associated accounts ban hammer, bet yet perma ban. 

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I can't see how removing the rankings people could find any other way to cause problems, the only other problem someone could cause that I could think of is trolling, but I would guess 90% of multi accounters are here for there main profiles rank, trollers can be dealt with easily.

You can't remove the thumbs system completely as at the moment it is the only way to remove troll comments from the highlights section and I highly doubt the mods would fancy having to sift through all the trash that occurs in there manually.

I don't think adding more 'top comments' will help either, still gives room for people to multi account even more, can you imagine someone else like that TOTTI guy, he is clearly insane, he would want top 5 comment on each highlight, lol. If people are too lazy to look through the comments that is there problem, I would rather see improvements to the site problems that we have at present.

FR are making a change to the commenting system I believe, don't know what it involves yet though.  But if you remove top comments, remove FR rank and the thumbs up/down that are shown on your profile, and then leave the trolls that are left to the mods, all your main problems are then sorted.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Okay how about: FR making a rule that new accounts have to wait 1-2 weeks before using thumbs up or down; and also unregistered users cant vote at all.