Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

North London Derby
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

In the spirit of the upcoming match between Arsenal v Tottenham, I thought it might be interesting to look at some stats I came across.  Of course stats represent things that have already happened and in my mind, they are irrelevant to Sunday's match.  I just thought they might be of interest to some. Anyway, here you go:

The top of this graph, represents Arsenal's dominance at the top of the league over the last 100 years compared to Tottenham. The flat lines at the bottom of the graph represent years Tottenham were not in the 1st division. Tottenham had great success during the late 1950s/60s and increasing ups-and-downs during the 1980s.  Should Spur's current dominance continue, they may look to overtake Arsenal again.

"The past five north London derbies in the league have seen 20 goals, two Spurs victories, one Arsenal win and two draws" Tottenhamhotspur.com

"[Last season] After surrendering two goals by halftime, Tottenham stormed back with second- half goals from Gareth Bale, Rafael Van der Vaart, and Younes Kaboul to claim a 3-2 win, its first at Arsenal in 17 years. The victory also snapped a 68- game winless run of away games against the "big four" clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester United)."
"Rivals Arsenal and Tottenham meet for the 150th time in league play Sunday, with Arsenal leading 60-48-41. After a 2-1 win at White Hart Lane in October, Spurs could sweep the season matchup for the first time since 1992-93. Tottenham is unbeaten in four straight versus Arsenal, and a five-match undefeated run would be Spurs' longest in the series since 1996." ESPN.com
Whatever happens, I just hope we have another cracking derby match!

Comments
Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Even though I hate to say it I think Arsenal will actually win this one, I think having lost last season from 2-0 up at HT and losing to Spurs earlier in the season Arsenal will really be looking for revenge this time around.

I think this could actually make or break both teams seasons, If Arsenal win a 4th spot I think will be theres and may actually give them the confidence to also catch Spurs, whereas a Spurs win will surely see them finish 3rd at least and a CL place all but secured.

Whatever the case I'm sure it will be a heck of a game, not often left disappointed in these games.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Tottenham are much stronger offensivly and defensivly.They are concetrated a plays amazing football. No way for an Arsenal victory even if I prefer them .

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Jimskeleton: I respect your honesty, but I think you may be overestimating the importance of this match for Spurs's season. Even if they lose, they're still 7 points ahead of us and it would take quite a collapse for them to drop from 3rd. Your Champions league spot is pretty secure as far as I see it.
I think this game is much more important for Arsenal b/c if they lose to Tottenham at home, especially if they play poorly, then there will be a backlash the likes of which has never been seen under Wenger.  I hope to God this won't be the case, b/c it could get quite ugly indeed.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

I wouldn't be so sure about us being secure just yet, we have Man United next week, if we lose both games things get really tight between 3rd and the chasing pack again so a lot to play for still for all of us.  

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

Offcourse Tottenham is gonna lose hard against Arsenal and Man U cuz most of their players are slow and fat take a look at van der vaart and kaboul... parker , lennon and modric are fast but most of them are slow and sh1t no offence ;)

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

STFU you moron, if you didn't see intelligent people are trying to have a proper footballing discussion, don't bring your pathetic little trolling in here.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

lol@CR7... always knows how to push the wrong buttons.

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

did nobody readed the two words at the end i wrote? : NO OFFENCE -_- so its my opinion JimfagSkeleton -_-

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Just because you say 'No offence' or 'I'm not trolling' like you have in previous threads means nothing, you know exactly what you are doing so just do everyone a favour and get lost.

rossonerikid 12 years ago
AC Milan 24 100

@cr7skillz Tottenham, I'm sure, is the fastest team in the league.

I want to see a great match with great  players and goals and fans. Please God do this !

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

What did I tell ya :P not quite the scoreline I was expecting but got the result right, lol

I knew this will be amazing,and I got right ! 5-2

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

Just like i said : Tottenham is gonna lose "hard" against Arsenal and Man U and now Arsenal won 5-2

@cr7skillz: Tottenham were garbage today, but it can happen to anyone.I'm sure they gonna do something better against Man Utd,trust me.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

"Tottenham were garbage today"...Even I can agree with that, lol

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Jimskeleton is a true spurs fan! Not like that VanderAdebayor kid...may the best team win next match my friend!

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

I've seen that guys posts on the match highlights, there is always at least 1 complete idiot.