Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official La Liga game could be played in the United State
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So, I don't know when, how and why (jk, I know the why) but it seem LaLiga have agreed a deal with International Champions Cup organisers Relevent which could include official league games being played in the United States as early as this season. This sound completely ridiculous in my book, the logistic behind would propably mean some team would lose home advantage on certain games. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

worst football idea in recent years (except qatar world cup)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, their own citizen must have had enough with mls

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

This is the beginning of an end.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@thebaldgenius Not sure americain citizen were asked about this before they were talk of this happening.

@amir_keal Indeed. :( Hope it won't happen after all.

@quikzyyy Completely agree.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@thebaldgenius Not sure americain citizen were asked about this before they were talk of this happening.

@amir_keal Indeed. :(

@quikzyyy Completely agree.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Spain fans will get pissed off. MLS fans will get pissed off.

I don't see who wins here.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Indeed, this a lose-lose situation. There gotta be a better way to bring higher quality football to the US anyway. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well if it helps the league to get more visibility and therefore more tv rights then it will be less annoying than it seems for me. I still don’t like this solution, there are better ways to be attractive...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Too far, too commercial, not practical.

BUT it's a beginning of something... And it might work

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

example. If I had a season ticket for Valencia, and home game against Barcelona would be played in US, I would be so fucking mad and probably wouldn't buy any ticket anymore...

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

No offence, but I'd rather boycott the league than see the Americans try to tarnish the game even further.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Everyone criticising the Gulf States/Chinese are ruining football. To be honest it looks like every sport, the Americans always make a huge advertisement thing for their big fat corporations.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Yesterday, captain of 20 teams including Ramos and also Busquet have attended to object this idea... to be continue

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Hope its work, heard a lot of player were against it. Also, how come its Busquet that goes to object the idea? Shouldn't it be Messi?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Emo: i found it strange too, but I guest 1 Messi is pretty shy on this, and he's not entirely against the idea. Busquet on the other hand is spanish and in national squad?

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

I can't imagine there are any players in La Liga that support this idea to be honest.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Messi is generally shy so I'm not completely suprised, still think he should have gone himself. :( Obviously, make sense for Busquet to go however since he propably know more of the other captain and could make the discution advance. Imagining Messi at a table with a bunch of La Liga captain is akward. :P

@Pupper Same, even don't see Messi being cool with it.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Tebas wants Girona vs Barcelona to be played overseas, they just need to wait on Gironas permission.

2 Catalan teams, well done Tebas.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Messi doesnt like Spanish federation, they were part of those who threw him in front of a Madrid court one week before clasico.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

girona vs barca to be played in miami? spanish federation must be out of their mind and girona must have been paid lots of $ to agree with this nonsense lol.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

wth