Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ozil retire from international football.
Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

A very poor reflection on Germany as a country. The World is going to see them in a different light from here on out.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Agreed, brought to light thing that don't belong in sport or politic of any country. Hope this will help people change their mind about these kind of things. :(

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

A very poor reflection on Germany as a country. The World is going to see them in a different light from here on out.

He had good things to say about Steinmeier at least. Hopefully the German FA will do a self-examination of themselves after this, Ozil made it clear that his main issue was with them, not Germans as a whole.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Fully understands and respects his decision.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Lesson: arsenal fans is far more patient than german fans. But what if a german is an arsenal fan?

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

no one from arsenal fans is making racism comments about him tho..

quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Boateng is a shell of his former self.
Werner couldn't find an inch of space so it made his pace completely useless and he was subsequently terrible.
Kroos made more crucial mistakes in 3 matches than I've seen him make in his entire career.
Khedira made half as many tackles as Edinson Cavani.
Muller was so invisible I didn't even know he was playing.

5.5 - Ozil created more chances per 90 minutes than any other player at the 2018 World Cup (minimum 90 minutes played). Yet Ozil is the scapegoat

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Boateng is a shell of his former self.
Werner couldn't find an inch of space so it made his pace completely useless and he was subsequently terrible.
Kroos made more crucial mistakes in 3 matches than I've seen him make in his entire career.
Khedira made half as many tackles as Edinson Cavani.
Muller was so invisible I didn't even know he was playing.

yet Ozil is the scapegoat.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@quikzyyy so true, that's why arsenal fans are the most patient fans in the world. one bad world cup, all racists comments from
the germans. I am just wondering what if someone is a german and an arsenal fan at the same time lol.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

You can't defend Ozils performance with stats because he was bad, period. However to make him responsible for Germanys poor world cup is unfair. No one was good... Germany is always praised for being like a well oiled machine and their teamspirit has always been top notch. But maybe that is an illusion because we basically almost only see them win, and when you win it's not that hard to keep smilng. Now that they made a historically bad world cup... it seems as if only a few players are being thrown to the wolves. And that is anything but good teamspirit. Where is "we win together and lose together"?!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Bayern's chief statement stated:

Ozil has been sh@t for years

reflects lot of people on him and I do think it's very injustice. Although it's undeniable that he hasn't been delivered or made enough impact, but so did the rest.

Im disappointed with the way Germany FA and everyone involve hasn't come out protecting their players yet. Ozil became a scapegoat for one of the most disappointing team (consider their stars who are all under performed).

Regarding the racism part, if this is any true... It is disgusting. But i will wait to see the full story...

It's pretty sad.

• History

reflects lot of people on him and I do think it's very injustice. Although it's undeniable that he hasn't been delivered.

Im disappointed with the way Germany FA and everyone involve hasn't come out protecting their players yet. Ozil became a scapegoat for one of the most disappointing team (consider their stars who are all under performed).

It's pretty sad.

reflects lot of people on him and I do think it's very injustice. Although it's undeniable that he hasn't been delivered or made enough impact, but so did the rest.

It's pretty sad.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

No suprise Ozil took hits at Grindel, he is fucking racist. So glad to see Ozil took his opinion, you can actually see how angry he is and if this didn't happen, I'm sure Ozil would defend German jersey if this whole thing didn't happen.

Ozil was best German player, only one who seemed to work atleast a bit in Low's ineffective system, also a sign things have to change. Idea to play Muller on the wing is absurd, and again, seems like both Bayern and Germany work better with traditional striker. Shame for Werner, I genuinely saw potential in him, seemed like he will have big tournament. Maybe system change will do it, but I don't know yet.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness, should just shut the fuck up and pay his taxes or go back to jail.

evading 28.5 million euros in taxes

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius Technically speaking, if you support both Germany and Arsenal, its propably because your an Ozil supporter in the first place, doubt you would be racist. Beside, club football supporter should be the last to be racist as most of those supporter best player aren't from the same country they are from.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Btw Arsenal fans are not more (nor less) patient than the average fan of any other big team. :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Pelle True that, at the very least, saying their loyal to their team even if thing doesn't go their way would be more fair.

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

This whole thing stinks, ozil shouldve had the foresight to choose not to meet someone who is clearly a nearly dictator and causing suffering, and the german federation needs to control their disgusting mouths. how can you publicly attack your own player like that? hes still represented their country for a very long time and germany has been thankful for it. now the federation is being very unclassy and trying to disregard the failings of the team as a whole (so that way it reflects better on themselves) by putting all the blame on ozil.. fucking assholes..

put yourself in ozil's shoes, to have represented a country for a long time successfully and get treated like dogshit..

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness, should just shut the fuck up and pay his taxes or go back to jail.

Oh god please. He's the biggest embarrasement to this club.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Croatian Yeah, can't believe that guy still is Bayern Munich president after some of his statement. Total lack of class. :(

• History

@Croatian Yeah, can't believe that guy still is Bayern Munich president. :(

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Footballers are not politicians and who they choose to meet or see shouldn't be anyone's business but theirs. DFB and their officials hypocrites. Shaking hands with Russian "dictator" and then have a nerve to point a finger at Mesut shaking hands with Turkish "dictator". Politics and sport has always been mixed to stir agenda but never before have I seen one player being singled out so heavily.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's not like Germany will miss him let's be honest.
Now for what he does in his off the pitch time shouldn't be a big deal, if you see his name Mesut and last name Özil it's pretty clear that he has some (obviously more than just some) turkish heritage, that was always known but in recent years Europe has become more racist and right-wing oriented so the reaction of the people could have been predicted, he could have known what backlash he would get but obviously he doesn't care.

The numbers of Polish and Turkish immigrants in Germany is pretty decent and that was reflected in their national team from Podolski to Özil and others...