Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Paul Pogba Apreciation Thread
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So I thought it was a good time for such a thread, the guy assisted once and scored a goal against Newcastle to help United to an huge 4-1 victory which was really necessary to give them the motivation to push foward. This kind of results on Pogba's return also highlight the fact he is an essential part of Mou plan for United and that the spirit of the team is much better with him around. I also heard his partnership with Matic was quite praised and that they are terrific when they play together. This bring me this question, is Pogba one of United most important player? And if he is, do you still think United overpaid for him, especially considering some other costy transfer like Dembele to Barca or Neymar to PSG. Thought?

Imo, I think Pogba is slowly but surely bringing out his very best for United and is certainly a key player for them, if only thanks to how he has a positive influence on the team and the way they play.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So I thought it was a good time for such a thread, the guy assisted once and scored a goal against Newcastle to help United to an huge 4-1 victory which was really necessary to give them the motivation to push foward. This kind of results on Pogba's return also highlight the fact he is an essential part of Mou plan for United and that the spirit of the team is much better with him around. I also heard his partnership with Matic was quite praised and that they are terrific when they play together. This bring me this question, is Pogba one of United most important player? And if he is, do you still think United overpaid for him, especially considering some other costy transfer like Dembele to Barca or Neymar to PSG. Thought?

Imo, I think Pogba is slowly but surely bringing out his very best for United and is certainly a key player for them, if only thanks to how he has a positive influence on the team.

Comments
Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Based on the current market no pogba is not overpriced, Pogba and matic are an incredible due, but would like to see this kind of performance against a one of the top teams, If pogba plays like that going against bigger team then yes i would consider him and Matic the two most important players on the squad, mourinho's system is designed around them, defensive stability and wicked counter attack

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

My dad predicted that for as long as pogba was injured united would play badly. He evidently got it right!

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

And yeah hes doing muuuch better now than he was last season.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@lio Agreed! Seem like your dad is a smart man. :D

@Golefty Right, I'd like to see it as well. As for him not being overpriced, I agree if only because in the case of United, he was a player they actually needed (unlike Neymar to PSG or Dembele to Barca) to stand against the other big six, a bit like they needed Matic this summer. :)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He's obviously bring another dynamic to us.

He's important and an incredible player. I would love to see him shine more in big games though.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He is a key player, but Man Utd plays too much defensive, without risks you can't get big rewards though truth be said I think that they got the most clean sheets atm.
But just goes to show how a player can make a difference, Man City is going to try and rest their key players now since there are coming up many games in a week, lets see how Man United does this period as well.

538 11432

So from what I seem to understand, people feel Pogba doesn't contribute enough in big game. My question is, is it his fault, or that of Mou who might propably command him to be more disciplined (focus more on defense and less risky pass) and less creative? Thought?

• History

So from what I seem to understand, people feel Pogba doesn't contribute enough in big game? My question is, is it his fault, or that of Mou who might propably command him to be more disciplined (focus more on defense and less risky pass) and less creative. Thought?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's the team, you see Chelsea in these first 3 months had players like Kante,Morata,Moses,Hazard,Bakayoko injured and some were suspended like Fabregas,Luiz and so on and still the team played the same type of football. You take away 1 Pogba and Man Utd are ultra bus parkers.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Sunflash explained it once to me, he said that the only player who can keep possession of the ball well upfront are Pogba and Fellaini, which was why they were forced to play defensive counter attack football when both of those two were injured. So this could be why.

538 11432

Am I the only who think Pogba was quite superb in that second half against Everton today? Since I'm not following as much United that I should, I think that was one of his best performance that I saw at least this season. :D

• History

Am I the only who think Pogba was quite superb in that second half against Everton. Since I'm not following as much United that I should, I think that was one of his best performance that I saw at least this season. :D

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

PogbaFootballmatters# because lately he hasn't mattered much.. sad though, big fan of the guy

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Pogba has played at least decent in all of the games since he's been back. While he hasn't grabbed the games by the scruff on the neck, he hasn't been the reason we've lost either. In reality, he's no more to blame than anyone else, but because he's the big boy on campus, he gets the blame.

Also, @Emo it was interesting reading that post from a month ago, because Lingard has become our main hold-up player in the opponent's side of the field. Who saw that one coming?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash To be fair, Lingard was a really big suprise this season, I mean, we all know he was decent and could be pretty good but right now, if he keep this up, then he will play first team football for a long time.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree with Sun & Emo here, Pogba has been decent and one of the few that keep produce moment of brilliances for our team.

For sure his influential hasn't been all up there after the injury but he's not to blame.

As for the game yesterday, the 1st half was embarrassing. But we have done great in the 2nd half, I think the coach changed a few bits, more direct, face2face attacking and it worked.

We have lost our identity so much that no team is scared of us now, our attack is dull and one dimensional. I hope Mourinho changes his, drop his ego, his stupid press bullshit and go for more attacking approach. That will give space for our creative player, especially Pogba

@Sun: Lingard is indeed improving a lot, but sometimes he's just tooooo dumb, I love the fact that he runs a lot and create spaces, one of the few. But seriously, if he's our best players, and like this, we have no chance again elite teams. Mou needs to build a system, an identity one that works well around each other, everyone can be utilized for their best, not a "run-and-run" players kind of play.

• History

I agree with Sun & Emo here, Pogba has been decent and one of the few that keep produce moment of brilliances for our team.

For sure his influential hasn't been all up there after the injury but he's not to blame.

As for the game yesterday, the 1st half was embarrassing. But we have done great in the 2nd half, I think the coach changed a few bits, more direct, face2face attacking and it worked.

We have lost our identity so much that no team is scared of us now, our attack is dull and one dimensional. I hope Mourinho changes his, drop his ego, his stupid press bullshit and go for more attacking approach. That will give space for our creative player, especially Pogba

@Sun: Lingard is indeed improving a lot, but sometimes he's just tooooo dumb, I love the fact that he runs a lot and create spaces, one of the few. But seriously, if he's our best players, and like this, we have no chance again elite teams. Mou needs to build a system, an identity one that works well around each other, not a "run-and-run" players kind of play.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Actually, that just made me realize United has a weird team in a way, Rashford, Martial, Pogba and Lingard are all amazinh dribbler who can run and keep the ball while Lukaku is propably one of the worst player in term of first touch and technical ability. Thats kinda interesting.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Seem like a good moment to revive this thread. Pogba literaly scored more goal in 3 match without Mou than the rest of the season under him. If this doesn't prove Mou wasn't using him right, nothing will.

mimi220 5 years ago Edited
Wolfsburg, Algeria 0 8

pogba plays like that going against bigger team then yes i would consider him and Matic https://audacity.onl/

https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/

• History

pogba plays like that going against bigger team then yes i would consider him and Matic

pogba plays like that going against bigger team then yes i would consider him and Matic enter link description here

pogba plays like that going against bigger team then yes i would consider him and Matic https://audacity.onl/

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Being the emotional type, he would never had played like this under Mourinho, that's clear as day to me now. So far, under Ole, he's been fantastic, but I hope that he continues this ruthless form against Spurs. We need him to keep dancing in order to keep the fire lit!

• History

Being the emotional type, he would never had played like this under Mourinho, that's clear as day to me now. So far, under Ole, he's been fantastic, but I hope that he continues this ruthless form against Spurs. We need him to keep dancing to keep the fire lit!

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Glad to hear you say that, I hope he does perform this way against Spurs, will be a really interesting game then. My only worry will be his fitness though, he's been on fire for the last few game but I worry its going to affect in stamina.