Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PFA: Player of The Year Round 2. Votes 2019.
Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

So i had a look at Round 1 voting plus some other areas narrow down the list. Premier League POTY 2019.

Your POTY Round 2:

There are twelve choices, hopefully can narrow it down. (Round 3)

Comments
Ledley 5 years ago

My vote has swung towads Mane, from Pogba, from Round 1 over the course of the year.

Ledley 5 years ago

Yes i have forgotten Eden Hazard. /facepalm. Just comment below if that's your choice.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11429

Gonna give it to my man Van Djik, he haven't really been flashy but thats not what you ask from a defender. The guy has proven for me he was worth all the trouble Liverpool had getting him. What impress me the most is his consistency.

Golefty 5 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Virgil or Raheem sterling for me

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Virgil Van Dyk or Raheem sterling for me

nandaYNWA 5 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

vvd or we riot

edit: good on sterling for speaking out against racism. but that has nothing to do with football performances, which is what is being judged after all.

• History

vvd or we riot

Ledley 5 years ago

Think it will come down to who wins the title but, I think the official vote from Football Association closes before then.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11429

@Ledley Personally, I think it will be between Van Djik and Sterling, they both been some of the best performer for their respective team and considering City and Liverpool are the only team still in it for the title, well, it would make sense for them to be considered for the nomination.

Ledley 5 years ago

If you have not voted, get in before the final round guys.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Same as Golefty for me.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11429

@Ledley Seem pretty obvious who's gonna win it to me. ;)

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Also, Bernardo Silva should be high up there. Him and Sterling are carrying the attack for City

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

if Liverpool wins the league, Van Dijk. It's rare seeing a defender winning the title, but Sterling's been phenomenal this season too, so both players deserve it equally.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

On pure impact it can only be VVD.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Apparently you are not the only one who forgot Eden Hazard. PFA also forgot to include him in team of the year. It is clear our performance has dipped from usual standard and we are not challenging for title, thus somehow it is an argument against Eden Hazard ... which I don't understand. Man has 17 goals and 13 assists.

Place him in that Liverpool team or City, and he would have had 30 goals and twice the amount of assists. To me the only player who can compete for the title of best player against Eden in EPL is Mohammad Salah and the rest are below his level. There is a reason why best club in the world wants the lad in their team.

Honestly, not saying this as a Chelsea fan but simply looking at his stats, performances and impact on our matches while playing for out sh*t squad. Nonetheless, I will be content with Van Dijk choice. He has been phenomenal defender this year and has been crucial for Liverpools undefeated run.

P.S. This is individual award, and I am sick and tired of PFA giving it out to players based on their team's performance. It is wrong and unfair to a player. Just like FIFA gives out player of the year award which in itself became a joke and lost complete credibility at least in my eyes. I don't even bother myself who becomes player of the year anymore, because it is a joke hollywood style Oscar crap.

Greatone 5 years ago

It is an individual award and so it is alwyas much easier to give them to attackers who are playing amazing; that's the problem with this year, there have been a large group of outstanding attackers. The only problem with looking at it with stats is that defenders simply don't exist, their roles are more integrated into and with the team. So since by definition of their role their own achievements are usually part of the team work and a part of their mate's efforts it won't look good, so you gotta look outside of stats for individual awards.

VVD has made a good team into an amazing team. that's pure impact (which is always going to be subjective), Hazard is amazing as always but on an individual level of outstanding.

In any case some of the players on that list shouldn't be there, thats true, its more like they are having great seasons for their standard not that they are having the best season of everyone.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Van Dijk has good stats as defender and PFA has ability to analyze his contribution to the team based on his performances. We have all sorts of technologies to analyze player now days.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

It’s easier to destroy and more complicated to create. No City player can claim it because PeP rotated too much. Salah of this season played below his level even if it’s enough to be in the top 3 anyday this season. Son and Hazard did great but will pay their bad collective results and it’s unfair.

See I never change my vision depending on my emotions or preferences. « Messi don’t deserve it because his team didn’t won CL «  change Messi by Hazard and CL by PL.

VVD won’t be a steal too, scored important goals and imo, he is the best defender in the world... speed, height, aerial duals, tactical, passing he is complete.

But someone should tell us what awards are based on :
Etoo in 2006, Liga winner, CL winner, Pichichi, CL final decider. 10th of Ballon d’ or. They gave it to Cannavaro. Because he won WC

Given to Modric loosing the final, while Mbappe and Griezmann were knocking doors, good stats ligue 1 cup and league cup for one, EL winner and best scorer and Most scored goals in WC. 2 potential winners if we judge that WC prevail over other competitions...No given to Modric even if he won CL.

2014 given to Ronaldo, knocked out from groupstage. Lahm was winning everything domestically and Neuer did the season of his life...

So someone should clarify the criteria of giving an individual award. If the Golden Boot, best assister, 3 domestic trophies, best dribbler, most chances creator is 5th. Then they must establish a rule that the best played must be picked from the winner team. Or we don’t care of collective success if we have the best performer in term of impact.

Im tired to see criteria changing each year.

Greatone 5 years ago

it's always been the same criteria, it's a preference, it's subjective like i said, basically it's an impression because there's no way to quantify who's the best because each category has different criteria

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

no doubt van dijk, he came and made a difference. liverpool needed defensive structure and they went on straight for the right man. I have to say liverpool had a great goalie, but takes no credit van dijk is that defender that stood up esp on 1v1 situation.

shame no hazard in nominations, maybe, but the way I see it when it comes to all time premier league 11, hazard can be in that left wing, 7 seasons of brilliance, time flies.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11429

I don't want to be this kind of guy and say that I told you so, but it seem that for once, one of my prediction came true. :P

• History